List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2MP would be recruited as a 3rd target, fwd/ruck, not a primary target. Honestly to me the fact we’re opting for a smaller more agile player like Gunston over a big lumbering bloke like Brown is music to my ears. It signals a change of intent from the club to try to start hitting up targets in the forward line rather than bombing it on the tall blokes head. It’s exactly what the club needs to start doing with forward entries.

I think 2MP will be a good get for any club but our problem isn't looking for targets inside 50, our problem is slow ball movement, which doesn't give our forwards time to make space. Hopefully with 2MP and Gunston coming in we have to be considering a different more attacking game style next year

That is exactly why Buckley needs different voices around him.

Matt Rendall speaks the truth. He said some stuff the other week that was bang on point. Today we said something along the lines of we should trade Grundy to Sydney to facilitate a move for Jezza. That would resolve a hell of a lot of our issues.
How so, despite the fact I am still a fan of giving Moore another run forward. He is completely unproven in the ruck

You get rid of a proven performer dual All Australia so then more can ruck leaving a hole at CHB and potentially in the ruck

I think 2MP will be a good get for any club but our problem isn't looking for targets inside 50, our problem is slow ball movement, which doesn't give our forwards time to make space. Hopefully with 2MP and Gunston coming in we have to be considering a different more attacking game style next year
Well the forwards are the cause of the poor ball movement that’s why the club is looking to fix the forward line

I wasn’t suggesting we actually pick Ben Brown, I was suggesting look out for a BB type later in the draft
Although that has better value than picking them in the early 1st round, the chances of a late KPF being a success is so slim, making it nightmare to plan for. I mean you can't really go into a season thinking 1 of your 5 late picks will be the pillar of your forward line.

Similar problems with having to take years and resources to develop them still apply. You will also need to reserve half a dozen list spots so that cumulatively they have a decent chance.

Also in terms of development, you can realistically maintain 2 maybe 3 max in your AFL team, so having anything more than that we have decreasing efficiency. Just not worth it.

not over reaching as much, playing within his limits more

While inside mids generally have a lot more "hacks" out of congestion I think a lot of the perceived issues with his kicking were to do with the occasional kick that was being picked off by the opposition. I think rather than playing within his limits as you suggest, that he has gained greater awareness of that potential so it's improved assessment.

I‘ve always been strident that Moore’s best position is as a back man. But I also thought Darcy did a great job as second ruck early in his career.

Rendall’s comment also gave me cause me to relook at Darcy as a forward. I know they are only highlights and he had sporadic performances, but damn they are impressive.

Any chance we can clone him?

One key back, ruck and key forward.

if we moved Moore fwd then I think finding a way to fill the hole in defence would be far easier/cheaper than the angst/cost of landing a Gun fwd.

And do we really care if we dropped a few spots in defensive ranking but surged in offensive/ scoring ranking?

If Moore was ever moved as ruck... He would be the most mobile and athletic ruck ever... However he may also be injured and battered every week due to the hammering he will get from slower but heavier rucks. He would be playing in the defensive 50, center and forward 50... He would be simply amazing in all areas but likely be out and bruised for a third of the season due to wear and tear.

But he's 6'8 with top tier mobily and skills in the AFL... Just that he is also prone to greater physical strain from heavy and bigger players.

If Moore was ever moved as ruck... He would be the most mobile and athletic ruck ever... However he may also be injured and battered every week due to the hammering he will get from slower but heavier rucks. He would be playing in the defensive 50, center and forward 50... He would be simply amazing in all areas but likely be out and bruised for a third of the season due to wear and tear.

But he's 6'8 with top tier mobily and skills in the AFL... Just that he is also prone to greater physical strain from heavy and bigger players.
10mm taller than Josh Fraser, maybe we can flog Darcy the same and kill him off early.

Well the forwards are the cause of the poor ball movement that’s why the club is looking to fix the forward line

That's an interesting way of looking at, I would have thought that ball movement is generated prior to a Forward coming into consideration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa, is this confirmed?
There was talk from reliable posters on EBW including Scout, for 2-3 years before Lynch moved that we were heavily in to him. I’m absolutely certain that’s what happened, even though it will never be officially confirmed.

I’d like WHE off half back to release Crisp in the middle.

I'm a bit old school insomuch as I like my defenders to be able to defend. Playing as a defensive winger behind the footy is his go if you want him playing that end of the ground.

Makes me laugh that there's already so much speculation on what Carlton are offering from Saad and what Dodoro is asking for.

"If Carlton's first pick is on the table, Dodoro should take it!" there's nothing to say he hasn't taken it. It's just that trade period isn't for what... 3 weeks?

Has this been posted?
b5288514a160aa490451a96108ef98fd.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it strange that there is hardly any commentary from GWS about Cameron. My guess is that once Geelong’s season is over it will be announced he wants to head there and internally GWS are already aware of his intention. They would want to work with the Cats to get a good deal done.
Hope I’m wrong as I would love him to come to us.
I think you might be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back