List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure it’s someone having a bit of fun testing the trade tracker

Fair enough.

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of Ben Brown, but would jump at getting him for a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

There is no way we can play both he and Cox in the one side...but Brown is a significant upgrade.

My guess is he ends up at Melbourne.

Well the forwards are the cause of the poor ball movement that’s why the club is looking to fix the forward line
Partially I think you’re right. If Plugger Lockett were steaming up the middle from the goal square then I’ve no doubt our mids/backs would be drawn to home instantly. That’s why missing Lynch hurts so much imo because Cox and Checkers et al don’t warrant the same attention.
We don’t have that luxury though unfortunately and our forward movement plan, I’m sure is coach driven to try and maximise what we’ve got. Obviously it’s not working particularly ****ing well unfortunately.

Thats a good thing. Another player with medium level talent that will attract some talent. Time to move some of these guys on to make way for talent coming in.

You would have to assume WHE is on around 400-500K and Phillips 400K. That's an instant 800K freed up for mid-level talent. No brainer for me to try and move them on and then chase a bigger fish.

Thats a good thing. Another player with medium level talent that will attract some talent. Time to move some of these guys on to make way for talent coming in.

But 1 of our most Skillful Players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy's seven year deal only kicks off next year, with the reduction in the TPP expected you would think this contract will be reviewed.
Think the AFL will allow clubs to pass on the percentage cut that the cap gets. As how else when you have to pay 95% of the cap are you going to get your spend down to 70% of this seasons TPP?

Partially I think you’re right. If Plugger Lockett were steaming up the middle from the goal square then I’ve no doubt our mids/backs would be drawn to home instantly. That’s why missing Lynch hurts so much imo because Cox and Checkers et al don’t warrant the same attention.
We don’t have that luxury though unfortunately and our forward movement plan, I’m sure is coach driven to try and maximise what we’ve got. Obviously it’s not working particularly ******* well unfortunately.

Our slow ball movement starts inside the D50 arc. Not sure how forwards repeat leading aids that. They do lead up the ground but that does little to improve either their scoring capacity or our ball movement.

The speed of movement comes just as much from work rate behind the footy as it does ahead of it. I still maintain chemistry and cohesion is the biggest element we were lacking for much of 2020. It's that that gives the guys behind the footy the confidence to leave their man and create options. It's that which gives those ahead of the footy confidence to work hard to create the options down field. That and our lack of midfield connectivity.

I think it's very short sighted to look at our lack of scoring and conclude our issues are in the forward line.

Grundy's seven year deal only kicks off next year, with the reduction in the TPP expected you would think this contract will be reviewed.

Can the AFL make players review contracts? I'd have thought any drop in TPP would only be commensurate with list number reductions and based on minimum chips per player. I think they'll then look at reducing TPP increases going forward.

We have said No to Ben Brown - Footy Classified.

I hate this on so many levels. Bucks will want a prime mover up front and demand us to lower our eyes but everyone knows our execution by foot is trash and our midfield is second rate when it comes to that. Can’t wait for another season of long bombs inside 50 and forwards out marked all day long.

While inside mids generally have a lot more "hacks" out of congestion I think a lot of the perceived issues with his kicking were to do with the occasional kick that was being picked off by the opposition. I think rather than playing within his limits as you suggest, that he has gained greater awareness of that potential so it's improved assessment.
Absolutely, not everyone can deliver the ball like, say a Nathan Buckley could, testament to Adams that he is making smarter choices and reflected in his AA nod. I have enjoyed watching him much more this year than the past years.

Absolutely, not everyone can deliver the ball like, say a Nathan Buckley could, testament to Adams that he is making smarter choices and reflected in his AA nod. I have enjoyed watching him much more this year than the past years.

He's much more considerate in his decision making now. If you watch him closely you can see how many times he's looked for an initial option and then reconsidered and found a better one, particularly going inside 50. He also seems to me to have modified his kicking action slightly and appears to be at pains to watch it carefully onto his boot when he's in the clear. He's improved out of sight since he first came to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back