List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interested in Neville Jetta?

Does that mean Maynard is moving into the middle or Noble/IQ is moving to the wing?

Cox over Brown everyday of the week.

Brown does not suit our play style, he needs constant lace out kicks to be effective. He is not a contested marking forward.

Cox adds more up the ground for mine too, he is a perfect bail out kick when we have the ball on our half back flank.

People like to shit on Cox and thats ok, but he adds a lot to our structure that isnt quantified on the stats sheet.

Tom Morris just dropped an article on Fox that says we are sniffing around Dees defender Neville Jetta (31yo). Interesting. Could he play small crumbing forward?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be an interesting move, but I think he’s made his bread and butter as a small lockdown defender. Maybe they are planing on moving Maynard or IQ up the ground?

Brown does not suit our play style, he needs constant lace out kicks to be effective. He is not a contested marking forward.

Cox adds more up the ground for mine too, he is a perfect bail out kick when we have the ball on our half back flank.

People like to sh*t on Cox and thats ok, but he adds a lot to our structure that isnt quantified on the stats sheet.
Not saying Brown isn’t either but Cox is also a very reliable kick inside 40 metres and probably our most accurate goal kicker which doesn’t get talked about

I agree that’s masons age is a concern.

However, I don’t see the need to get rid of him unless we get either of the big 3.

He could play in the same forward line as T.Mcdonald.

He & Wright would compete for the same spot in the team.
I would prefer to get rid of Darcy Cameron than Cox. Cox offers more as a ruckman both for his taps and around ground work plus is more effective near goals.

Not saying Brown isn’t either but Cox is also a very reliable kick inside 40 metres and probably our most accurate goal kicker which doesn’t get talked about

More difficult to discern with Brown as he starts his run up from D50 so by the time people wake from the slumber it induces they've forgotten where he kicked it from.

Can the AFL make players review contracts? I'd have thought any drop in TPP would only be commensurate with list number reductions and based on minimum chips per player. I think they'll then look at reducing TPP increases going forward.

True....l was just wondering, considering Grundy's "new" contract practically hasn't commenced yet, that if clubs have an allowance to renegotiate a previously signed "new" contract that was based on the previous/current TPP. If there was potential to change the contract in accordance with whatever change is made to the TPP.

Don’t see the point of Jetta.

We have enough internal talent in the back half. Maybe as a forward.

Bianco or Rantall could start their career in the back half.

If we are going for an experienced defender, I’d be chasing Houli. I wanted him last year. All we had to do was offer him a 2/3 year contract and he would sign. He won’t get that stability at the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People like to sh*t on Cox and thats ok, but he adds a lot to our structure that isnt quantified on the stats sheet.

He is not a contested marking forward is the biggest load of crock and I’m seriously over everyone going down that narrative.

Ive already bought this up but I’ll do it again.

Brown’s contested marking numbers
2016 - 49 (5th in the league)
2017 - 43 (7th in the league)
2018 - 36 (12th in the league)
2019 - 35 (15th in the league)

So he’s been top 15 in the league for contested marking at over 2 a game for the best part of 4 years. He’s played most of his games at Marvel.

His MCG record is very good and we play most of our games at the G where there’s loads of space to lead into. What is the issue?
Lmao don’t see Mason Cox kicking 180+ goals over 3 years. The disrespect to Ben Brown is both bemusing and appalling.

Buckley said on Saturday night that we consider our backline settled. So if we're considering Jetta to play a different position I think Phillips is well within his rights to question why the club considers him expendable but is also considering trading in a bloke that's 10 years older than him for multiple years.

He is not a contested marking forward is the biggest load of crock and I’m seriously over everyone going down that narrative.

Ive already bought this up but I’ll do it again.

Brown’s contested marking numbers
2016 - 49 (5th in the league)
2017 - 43 (7th in the league)
2018 - 36 (12th in the league)
2019 - 35 (15th in the league)

So he’s been top 15 in the league for contested marking at over 2 a game for the best part of 4 years. He’s played most of his games at Marvel.

His MCG record is very good and we play most of our games at the G where there’s loads of space to lead into. What is the issue?
Lmao don’t see Mason Cox kicking 180+ goals over 3 years. The disrespect to Ben Brown is both bemusing and appalling.
Absolutely spot on ,Brown is a massive improvement over Cox. In fact so is Wright ,i would rather 2m Peter than 30m Cox

True....l was just wondering, considering Grundy's "new" contract practically hasn't commenced yet, that if clubs have an allowance to renegotiate a previously signed "new" contract that was based on the previous/current TPP. If there was potential to change the contract in accordance with whatever change is made to the TPP.

They'd need the AFLPA on board and I doubt the players would endorse them to support it. I think that's why we're seeing so many contracts being signed. Clubs are confident that they'll be able to meet them, players are signing because they're confident they won't be impacted by TPP reductions. But that's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back