List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Hogan officially on the table.
He's our man.

We'd get him cheap on dollars and trade.

So sceptical of anyone Longmuir wants gone.

Maybe, maybe not. They played together previously at opposite ends of the ground, but it's pretty clear that that Ben will be a KPF as well at AFL level and I'm not sure that you can fit both of them in the same forward line especially when you consider that both of them are good enough to be the #1 forward, so one of them would eventually have to give way both on ground and with their contract.

Ben will probably come back to Victoria at some stage, but I wouldn't necessarily be assuming that it will be to St Kilda, as much as those arrogant asses just assume it will just happen. The lure of a "brotherly" connection convincing established players to move to a specific club (potentially to their own detriment) is an overrated and perhaps even an outdated one in today's AFL imo.

I’m sure I’ve heard Lloyd say that in their draft year they both played forward and the way they made space for one another was exceptional and they complemented each other well.
Would be a terrifying match up for any defence and let’s hope it never happens because it’d be too hard to stop.

It may come down to $$$$ but not everyone thinks that way either, to be able to split $1.5mil a year with your twin brother and build a forward line so potent that you’re almost unstoppable and put yourself in a solid position to win flags is probably enough for most!

Adam Treloar (Contracted)

This one started as a story that was mostly about Treloar and his partner, netballer Kim Ravaillion, being willing to make a sacrifice and live separately while they chased their respective careers. Speculation began about the Magpies midfielder when it emerged she would be heading to Queensland in 2021. But there’s a real footy element now. Foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris reported last week Treloar and the club were on the brink of a stand-off, with the player wanting security for his future and stating publicly he wants to stay. But Treloar thinks Collingwood wants him to leave, off-loading his salary which was back-loaded into 2021, as part of their manouvers through a tight cap. Treloar moved from GWS in order to be close to his family in the first place, so if he did go, he’d likely only be keen on another Victorian club. Watch this space.

Reading this are they aware that 2021 is the start of his extension? Shouldn’t it read that he was front-loaded (or however you term it) into 2021?

source:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/913de8341789a027b1585b7a01748170

Lmao, people thinking we should get Hogan just proves that people want a key forward for key forward's sake. Without a shred of irony they'll go post in the Beams thread talking about how what a disaster that recruitment has been.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It Could end up like that but Hogan won’t be coming in for 2 first rounders on 600k. Beams was also more than happy to stay at Brisbane meanwhile Hogan is being forced out so he doesn’t have many options left. The same could potentially happen to Hogan like Beams but the risk is far less and the reward is far greater.

Jesse Hogan officially on the table.
He's our man.

We'd get him cheap on dollars and trade.
Straight swap for WHE or Phillips?

Wowee

Not surprised they would rather players over picks, it must be a constant nightmare at the giants.

1. Draft young guns
2. Star player/young gun wants out
3. Trade out said drafted players
4. Draft more young guns using picks for aforementioned players
5. Star player/ young gun wants out

It's like a never ending cycle for them.

Not surprised they would rather players over picks, it must be a constant nightmare at the giants.

1. Draft young guns
2. Star player/young gun wants out
3. Trade out said drafted players
4. Draft more young guns using picks for aforementioned players
5. Star player/ young gun wants out

It's like a never end cycle for them.
The amount of talent they have lost is insane and they still have a stack of talent, Haynes, Coniglio, Kelly, Whitefield, Hopper, Riccardi, Taranto

Hogan is 25.

Has 3 seasons of 44+ goals.

Loves the nose beers, but at a discounted rate, back your culture in and get him right.
Ideally not at the expense of Treloar though.

Nobody is unsalvageable.

Get Beams back on the park ?

Lmao, people thinking we should get Hogan just proves that people want a key forward for key forward's sake. Without a shred of irony they'll go post in the Beams thread talking about how what a disaster that recruitment has been.

I dont believe they're even close to comparable situations.

One cost us x2 first round draft picks, and was on significant money entering the twilight of his career.

The other (possibility) would be on a modest wage @ 25/26, and clearly wouldn't take much to get over the line as it comes to a trade. And thus having significantly less-risk.

Reading this are they aware that 2021 is the start of his extension? Shouldn’t it read that he was front-loaded (or however you term it) into 2021?

source:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/913de8341789a027b1585b7a01748170

They tend to talk about where the cash will come in the actual contract they're talking about. In this instance, front loaded would imply 2021-22, back ended 2023-24. Either way, I doubt he'd be getting more than about $700k a year on average. It's never been about big money for him. Given they're suggesting it's heavily back ended it might be something like $600k-$600k-$600k-$8-900k with the extra timed to coincide with Pendles and/or Sidey departures or heavily reduced contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan wants to stay in WA prob go eagles for nothing and dominate 😂

Jesse Hogan will come good somewhere. He is too big a talent for it not to come together at some point. Yes there are risks associated with signing him, but in my view he would be a better get than Cameron. Sign him for another 2 years to iron out his contract to 400k a year and then we absolutely have a prospect. He is also an elite endurance athlete when right. If we lose WHE, Phillips and gain Hogan and keep everyone else this trade period I would be very happy. Not against Tom McDonald either.

People bad mouthing these moves, what did you think of Ben Brown this time last year? And now? Form comes and goes and I'd prefer to target some guys who look like they could be at their lowest value point now.

If the club do their due diligence, then decide he's too big of a risk, fine, leave it alone and move on.

(BTW, apparently, that's exactly what happened with Beams, except for the last part where our Tsar went ahead anyway).

Definitely not going to fall into the trap of getting my hopes up again with the Hogan talk. Yes he’s a super talent. Yes he fits our needs. Yes he comes with risk but for the right price who cares.
Yes I’m sure he’ll choose another club or our list management won’t want him or will decide they do when it’s too late.

As for Ben Brown, apart from any residual doubts about his knee or salary, my biggest concern is watching him run in for shots at goal - I'm not getting any younger.

I dont believe they're even close to comparable situations.

One cost us x2 first round draft picks, and was on significant money entering the twilight of his career.

The other (possibility) would be on a modest wage @ 25/26, and clearly wouldn't take much to get over the line as it comes to a trade. And thus having significantly less-risk.
I sit somewhere between yourself and Prag Shill on Hogan.
Im pretty risk-averse after Dayne Reams (yes the spelling is correct).
However, if the Pies are not going to be bold and trade for top end draft picks, then try to improve our KPF deficiency while minimising the risk element.
I’d be open to trading for Hogan if he was on a low wage with incentives for two years. If he performs, then he gets a good contract next time. If not he’s out the door.
So far as the actual trade, it should be for a player we don’t believe we need or a second or third round draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back