List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really need the extra baggage at the minute, with everything else going on?
Look, probably not - and another valid point. Might give the club a chance to almost 'showcase' that the culture isn't as bad as everyone seems to think.

I just think the calculated cost/risk is far more acceptable than what was with Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two mobiles mihocheck & Gunston/hogan

and cox as the big tall could work

then you have Stephenson & Elliot

then would want a genuine crumbing / pressure forward Tippa / Ronke / Higgins / Lonie /

If there's one thing on BF that makes me grate my teeth and have my skin crawl, is to see someone posting about how Collingwood is the biggest club or something similar.

Technically, we might be the best known brand, but we dont have the biggest membership, we dont generate the biggest turnover and we dont have the most premierships.

I'm sick of seeing people post about it. I'm sick of hearing Eddie talk about it. I've been hearing this sh*t for the greater part of my lifetime and I've seen 2 premierships during that time. No amount of references to the Pies being the biggest is going to make up for that.

For goddsake, let's give up all this crap about being the biggest and let's do something about actually getting there.
So we are agreed, we’re the biggest. Success is another argument.

Blakely - upgrade on Mayne, release Crisp to Wing.
Gunston
Hogan

B: Maynard ~ Roughead ~ Howe
HB: Blakely ~ Moore ~ Quaynor
C: Treloar ~ Pendlebury ~ Crisp
R: Grundy ~ Adams ~ DeGoey
HF: Gunston ~ Mihocek ~ Sidebottom
F: Elliott ~ Hogan ~ Stephenson

I/C: J.Daicos T.Brown McInnes Noble

The Swans, over and over again, have proven to be an excellent destination for a wayward, talented, key forward.

Especially after they've missed out on Daniher.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a large sum on that deal getting done and Hogan playing some really good footy for them.

Jesse Hogan will come good somewhere. He is too big a talent for it not to come together at some point. Yes there are risks associated with signing him, but in my view he would be a better get than Cameron. Sign him for another 2 years to iron out his contract to 400k a year and then we absolutely have a prospect. He is also an elite endurance athlete when right. If we lose WHE, Phillips and gain Hogan and keep everyone else this trade period I would be very happy. Not against Tom McDonald either.

People bad mouthing these moves, what did you think of Ben Brown this time last year? And now? Form comes and goes and I'd prefer to target some guys who look like they could be at their lowest value point now.

Just like Bennell was going to come good?

Such a waste of resources putting time and effort in Hogan. Recruit and spend time on players that actually are serious about football.

IIRC Hogan doesn’t even want to be a forward - he seems himself as a quasi midfielder. Too much pressure being the top dog up forward.

Maybe the strategy might change to dump cap space, recruit a silky mid and then get the talls via the draft with high picks. In the mean time we just persist with Cox as usual. By no means I am happy with this strategy but I ask myself how serious were we about Cameron? Was it a token effort to show the fans “look we tried to get a Cameron but missed out”...... the media reports seemed to indicate our efforts came late. WTF have we been doing for the last two years? Do we ever plan ahead?

i have a sinking feeling that Buckley does not rate key forwards.

Gunston
Hogan

ConnorBlakely is one player I have followed closely since he first started. Can find the ball easily but disposal is average and now seems injury prone? Didn’t he shag someone’s missus at a Freo? No thanks.

Gunston
Hogan

Don’t disagree that Blakely is an upgrade from Mayne but there isn’t much in it and I don’t think it’s worth spending picks or too much money on. Reckon he’s depth only but yeah if it can release a crisp/Maynard/IQ for run or grunt up the ground it is worth looking at.
Hogan with Gunston as his mentor up forward I like a lot but at what cost in the draft???

The Swans, over and over again, have proven to be an excellent destination for a wayward, talented, key forward.

Especially after they've missed out on Daniher.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a large sum on that deal getting done and Hogan playing some really good footy for them.
Yeah I agree. This is part of the story in FOX trade news:

Interestingly Hogan’s lawyer told the court the Docker had “problems looming in terms of his employment” and the chance he “might end up living out his life in a rugby state where he would never be known”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back