List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont believe they're even close to comparable situations.

One cost us x2 first round draft picks, and was on significant money entering the twilight of his career.

The other (possibility) would be on a modest wage @ 25/26, and clearly wouldn't take much to get over the line as it comes to a trade. And thus having significantly less-risk.

Okay, yes admittedly Hogan won't cost as much as Beams. But it just strikes me as yet another example of people viewing a key forward as a great white hope but given Hogan's penchant for self-destruction the same people will be back here next year bemoaning the club's recruiting staff (who are not exempt of criticism by any means, but the self-modelled list managers here fail to view anything objectively a lot of times).

Would love Hogan at collingwood. I still believe he’s the best KPF in the league - based on potential.

Unlike beams, who got off the bus, pissed on the wheel and then decided to hitchhike back home... We stupidly let him back on and then, as a show of gratitude, decided to piss on the seats..... Jesse should have 5-6 years of good footy left in him.

Obviously he comes with risks, but if we get him his own personal shrink and he agrees to to lower end contract - obviously with room for growth upon kicking his 60-70 goals - it needs to be done.

This is the ultimate high risk, high reward scenario.... our club just needs the maturity and the balls to back themselves in to make it work.

Agree 100% and its not even High Risk. You'd likely get him at reasonable price and you fill a hole that has been discussed for 977 pages. Just make it happen.

We can't use Beams vs Collingwood as some kind of iron clad precedent to avoid recruiting players with issues because if you look deep enough everyone will have something.

Agree 100% and its not even High Risk. You'd likely get him at reasonable price and you fill a hole that has been discussed for 977 pages. Just make it happen.

We can't use Beams vs Collingwood as some kind of iron clad precedent to avoid recruiting players with issues because if you look deep enough everyone will have something.

A persistent foot issue for one - but something off-field happens with Hogan every six months. It's not looking deeply to find something wrong with him at all.

You can't pick up Hogan and say "back our culture in to turn him around"

Think about it for a second...

If you're fond of nosé or the occasional disco biscuit, you're not going to stop half way to the nightclub toilet cubical and think 'oh hang on, I better not partake in this explicit activity, my straight edge team-mates might get cross at me. I'd better go and order a water and go home to my own bed.'

Look after all, I still don't think the optimal move is to rebuild. The chances of us being a genuine premiership contender next year isn't high without Cameron, but we just have too many top-end players approaching retirement to waste away.

Not sure why we're so unkeen on Brown, hopefully we can put a stronger emphasis in acquiring his signature, cheaper and better fit than Gunston
Maybe because the club knows something we don't regarding his injury. Imagine signing him for 3-4 years on good coin and he plays a handful of games. It would take the melts on this board to a nuclear level.

If you're fond of nosé or the occasional disco biscuit, you're not going to stop half way to the nightclub toilet cubical and think 'oh hang on, I better not partake in this explicit activity, my straight edge team-mates might get cross at me. I'd better go and order a water and go home to my own bed.'

Nosé ~~~~ I like that name 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but Hogan could be awesome or he could fizz(read what you like into that) Brown you know he will be around average. Which is better? Potential or not OR meh??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brown won't be average if his knee holds up, similar risk to Hogan I'd say.

We could probably offer next years 1st considering we won't need it, and try and get some points back with a future 2nd and 3rd.
No. Whether we “need” it or not, it has currency, it is worth something. This is how we screwed ourselves with Beams and then justified it to the supporter base. Yes we got Quaynor, but what else could we have done with two firsts?!

Happy to entertain Hogan, but no tossing away picks simply because of Nicky D.

that’s about right actually. A lot less risk for freo then Collingwood. They’ll get 100 plus games out of Phillips

hogan who knows
Agree with this. Phillips, like Aish, will give long term value wherever he goes provided he’s not played out of position. The risk/reward in that trade is on our side, but given Phillips has become excess to our needs, it won’t hurt too much if Hogan starts a finger painting business.

God knows I haven't ever thought that.

I think having a Coleman medalist sounds good but not as good as what having one used to be. I think last club to have one and win the Gf in last decade was Hawthorn.View attachment 990123
Conversely the last team to win a premiership without a Coleman medalist on their list was Sydney in 2012

Okay, yes admittedly Hogan won't cost as much as Beams. But it just strikes me as yet another example of people viewing a key forward as a great white hope but given Hogan's penchant for self-destruction the same people will be back here next year bemoaning the club's recruiting staff (who are not exempt of criticism by any means, but the self-modelled list managers here fail to view anything objectively a lot of times).
I understand that opinion.

I'd be ok with the calculated punt, and certainly wouldn't be losing my mind if it were not to work out.

A persistent foot issue for one - but something off-field happens with Hogan every six months. It's not looking deeply to find something wrong with him at all.
Only concern is the foot issue.
The coke should kill any covid that gets up his nostrils from covid breaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back