List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure, but Cal Twomey has him at 16 in his power rankings released today (which means bugger all of course). I think late first round is the most likely spot he’ll find himself in. We’d be well advised to try to trade up the order a little just to make sure we can get a second prospect (or even two if we’re smart about it).
Yeah it would seem trading into a selection within the top 10 would be the smart move.

I'll play along - what does it take to get it done?

North have to decide if they want to keep Pick 2 and grab a KPP to build around

Or - do they take a package of picks and (good) players?
-- The only reason I say this is that I noticed a couple of KPFs that Knightmare had in his rankings weren't even The AFLs top 20 (the Tasmanian and another)
So they might be believe that could grab both a KPP later as well as a top-line mid -- these are also options for us (and rather than trade with North, might be our best option), esp if we swap 1st rounders with Bulldogs giving us 2 this year

So what combo of picks of picks / players gets it done
It starts with 2 first rounders
Then?
Who are 1-2 players that will give North value-for-money over the next 10 years
Not sure I have the answer for this - they need to be good

I see a team that has McDonald / Kelly / Checkers as having potential...and wait for it...McCarthy
I've hated most of the suggested trades on here for KPP - just my opinion
What McCarthy does is provide a taller pack creator / mobile option that replaces JDG forward allowing him to play much more in the centre
It also Kelly to become a swing player; forward / back

*What's clear is that we also need an electric forward to rove to the size down there as well as keep the separation of forwards

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-2.jpg

196cm/85kg
4/4/02
Perth/Western Australia
Tall forward

“The best performed draftee in the country this season has pushed himself up the order with every game he plays. McDonald is a hard-working key forward who takes contested marks and converts his chances in a similar form to Richmond gun Tom Lynch. McDonald has booted 17 goals in six games for Perth's senior WAFL side, leading the competition's goalkicking in what is an amazing effort for an 18-year-old. McDonald's run of form has seen him push right into top-three consideration.”

Can’t see us getting him. Would be perfect fit though... Adel, north, syd, hawks, Fremantle would all be interested. The risk is even if we trade with North, adel might grab him anyway. Lots to play out. Bare in mind if crouch leaves adel and is offered a big deal (no idea who would), adel potentially get pick 2 as well, which would be an indictment on the AFL as compo for him.... I’m no expert but he’s the best outside UGLE based on form, and lack of footy for vic players to produce. Leading WAFL as an 18 year old, no doubting him.

I think we will grab a mid with our first Ahead of reef, and then look for a cheaper KPF. We do have the capacity to trade next years first, but what we could get in return for this years and next years unsure.

Last edited:

Let’s face it we aren’t getting McDonald. We don’t have the trade value and pieces required to move that far up especially given the teams around that mark who also are dying for a gun KPF.

Just hope he asks to be Traded to us in a Few Years

I think we’ve missed the boat on Riccardi unless GWS somehow drop him before the end of the year.

The trick now is to find this year’s Riccardi if there is one and ensure we don’t make the same mistake twice!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tyler Keitel in the WAFL is the closest I can think of. Has 16.8 from 6 games so far - 196cm key forward. Been a consistent performer for years now, and is 24 years old. Not sure he's on Riccardi's level, but would be one of the better state league KPFs

I wonder if we could look to trade our first and a player or two such as Elliot, WHE, Phillips to North or Hawks for their first pick. In our best 22 and would help them through a rebuild.

Given our injury history, I’d always be concerned giving up a first round for a kid coming off an ACL. He looks talented, but we are cursed!
The guy who trained with Richmond all PS, played in the intra club prior to the season and kicked 2 goals and had the most possessions on the ground going head to head with blokes like Dusty?
Yep, we are also zero chance of getting him too.
Idk I just like the fact he’s doing the mask celebration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyler Keitel in the WAFL is the closest I can think of. Has 16.8 from 6 games so far - 196cm key forward. Been a consistent performer for years now, and is 24 years old. Not sure he's on Riccardi's level, but would be one of the better state league KPFs
I like Keitel. Pinch hits as a ruckman and kicks goals. Given our success with Mihocek I'd love to take a flier

Mental health issues - check

Can’t get a game at a bottom 8 club - check

Cracked the shits and Left halfway through a season - check

Third Afl club after first 2 not working out - check

Na sounds great
Sounds like you’re talking about McCarthy, but naming who you’re talking about would be helpful.

If we finish around 6th (a guess) that’ll give us about pick 12. We could try to move up to 5 or 6 and trade our pick 12 with a Phillips, Shaz or Sier they would all get a game at a lesser club. Or package a future pick as well. Even if we couldn’t get McDonald there are a number of good tall forwards available. We really shot ourself in the foot with huge contracts to Beams, Mayne and Cox, give them contracts that line up with their output and we have atleast 600k back in the cap.

Na sounds great

100% worth a rookie selection. Even if he adds to the KPF depth, make it known he has to fix his attitude and get fit.

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-2.jpg

196cm/85kg
4/4/02
Perth/Western Australia
Tall forward

“The best performed draftee in the country this season has pushed himself up the order with every game he plays. McDonald is a hard-working key forward who takes contested marks and converts his chances in a similar form to Richmond gun Tom Lynch. McDonald has booted 17 goals in six games for Perth's senior WAFL side, leading the competition's goalkicking in what is an amazing effort for an 18-year-old. McDonald's run of form has seen him push right into top-three consideration.”

Can’t see us getting him. Would be perfect fit though... Adel, north, syd, hawks, Fremantle would all be interested. The risk is even if we trade with North, adel might grab him anyway. Lots to play out. Bare in mind if crouch leaves adel and is offered a big deal (no idea who would), adel potentially get pick 2 as well, which would be an indictment on the AFL as compo for him.... I’m no expert but he’s the best outside UGLE based on form, and lack of footy for vic players to produce. Leading WAFL as an 18 year old, no doubting him.

I think we will grab a mid with our first Ahead of reef, and then look for a cheaper KPF. We do have the capacity to trade next years first, but what we could get in return for this years and next years unsure.
I read this today and thought he was a perfect fit

Rule won’t be changed this year. Reef is a lock for us regardless.
Neat-o, good to hear.

If IQ was borderline first round, we’ll probably be ok for his brothers in future, ww can always hide them a little to ensure they aren’t early firsts.

I wonder if we could look to trade our first and a player or two such as Elliot, WHE, Phillips to North or Hawks for their first pick. In our best 22 and would help them through a rebuild.
I would be open to off loading Philips if we had the right suitor or anyone actually. Once the games get back to regular lengths, he will come back into his own.

Na sounds great
Would cost nothing in draft capital as he’s now a DFA. Won’t get a gig for a WA based club. Is a talented key tall and 25yo. These are the “moneyball” acquisitions we should be making. It’s almost a free swing. If he’s keen, get it done.

100% worth a rookie selection. Even if he adds to the KPF depth, make it known he has to fix his attitude and get fit.

Doubt he go on Rookie List but we don't give up anything for him except List Spot and Salary which you think would not be Huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back