Trade/Free Agency/Draft Rumours and Innuendos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Mr Goddard,

cmon-son-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-299.gif

Kind Regard

Billy

On a side note, how much better do Richmond look if they land Knights and Chaplin?

They should be approaching a window in the next couple of years - like us - which should make for some classic Dreamtime matches.

Will achieve nothing until they win Rd 1.

Ben Jacobs maybe looking to return home. He was one of the players i rated really highly for his draft. Had a pretty bad injury during his first preseason and home and away which set him back a fair bit. Has probably be played out of position at port. Was pick 16/17 from memory. Has been underwhelming so far. Was rated as one of the best kicks in the draft yet has been a turnover merchant so far in AFL. We probably again dont have the currency although we would be dealing with Port and they might see more worth in some of our players especially if they lose a few.

No chance

Take this as you will,

But I was serving a guy at work today, and while transferring his contacts to his new phone I noticed, James Hird, David Evans and a bunch of other Essendon heads, and I go 'Oh, James Hird?, I'm a huge Essendon fan!', we spoke briefly, but he said ''We'll be getting a Sk Kilda player through FA, which will be announced next week'', he didn't say Goddard, but it was pretty obvious who he was eluding to! ;)

1. Gumbleton and our 3rd rounder to Freo for their 2nd rounder
2. our second rounder + Pears To adelaide/brisbane/3rd party
3. ????????????
3. Caddy to essendon (PROFIT)
From the man who brought us such tales as Hardingham: Forward, not a backman - The heartwarming story of a guy with a big leap and knack for spoiling but who couldn't kick straight to save his life comes a new tale. Shit trade from the red and black lagoon, a new age horror story we'd all thought we'd seen one to many times before but reviewers say this one will spark a whole new generation of shit trade storys to terrify us for years to come.

If we have to offer 2 years to Gumby to keep him, I wouldn't be averse to giving it to him. As for those in "yet to be offered a contract list", I wouldn't mind if we delisted all four; although Sammy has been a good servant.

Take this as you will,

But I was serving a guy at work today, and while transferring his contacts to his new phone I noticed, James Hird, David Evans and a bunch of other Essendon heads, and I go 'Oh, James Hird?, I'm a huge Essendon fan!', we spoke briefly, but he said ''We'll be getting a Sk Kilda player through FA, which will be announced next week'', he didn't say Goddard, but it was pretty obvious who he was eluding to! ;)

SERIOUSLY???? Now I'm not saying it's not true, but..... What your saying is the coach of Essendon walked into your phone shop today & just decided to tell the 1st person he spoke to that we are signing a St Kilda player & will announce it next week? As much as I'd love for this to be true all I can say is 'Yeah, ok....'

All I can see happening out of this years Trade & FA periods is us trying to get players we want & them deciding to stay at there current clubs or choose other clubs meanwhile we don't sign any more of our group whilst we wait & lose them to other clubs also.... Potential lose lose situation coming up! I hope I'm wrong & your right, believe me....

Read the story again SM, Jimmy was a contact in the phone.. Not the person he was serving.

EDIT: Beware of angry mods Kakkle, that belongs in the inuendos thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SERIOUSLY???? Now I'm not saying it's not true, but..... What your saying is the coach of Essendon walked into your phone shop today & just decided to tell the 1st person he spoke to that we are signing a St Kilda player & will announce it next week? As much as I'd love for this to be true all I can say is 'Yeah, ok....'

All I can see happening out of this years Trade & FA periods is us trying to get players we want & them deciding to stay at there current clubs or choose other clubs meanwhile we don't sign any more of our group whilst we wait & lose them to other clubs also.... Potential lose lose situation coming up! I hope I'm wrong & your right, believe me....

read it properly.. it wasnt james hird it was someone who had their numbers... be it true or false give people the benefit of the doubt, always get excited reading posts like these because it gives hope hahaha

Make of this as you will.

I was chatting to a friend of a friend who lived near a friend next to her friend. She said her friend knew a bloke and his mate ran into another bloke down near that shop. Anyway so that friend heard "We will be getting a serious player!" so he told his mate who told his mate as he was coming from that shop. He texted his friend who gossiped to her mate who told my mate.

So guys. We are getting a player! ;)

Rumored St. Kilda has reduced offer and virtually pushing Goddard out the door, pursuing Caddy and Jacobs.

Would be a smart move, they are pretty far away from a premiership now, almost the furthest in the comp IMO.

Take this as you will,

There is a thread for this rubbish and it ain't this one :mad:

If we have to offer 2 years to Gumby to keep him, I wouldn't be averse to giving it to him. As for those in "yet to be offered a contract list", I wouldn't mind if we delisted all four; although Sammy has been a good servant.

Agree totally with all of this post. The people on this site whinge and complain about essendon not challenging and then get attached to a collection of mediocre players that hold us back from moving from middle of the road to serious challenger!! The lonergans and the like need to be upgraded for us to improve.

I was chatting to a friend of a friend who lived near a friend next to her friend. She said her friend knew a bloke and his mate ran into another bloke down near that shop. Anyway so that friend heard "We will be getting a serious player!" so he told his mate who told his mate as he was coming from that shop. He texted his friend who gossiped to her mate who told my mate.

Shut up

Gee truly original post. Haven't seen anything similar to this over the last two weeks. :rolleyes:

If I was a scout I would offer something for Jacobs.. Highly unlikely but if we had Goddard, I would say:

"We have Goddard, Watson, Heppell, Daniher, Hurley and Stanton.. Come on kid, nominate us" :cool:

I was in melbourne today for the grand final stuff (fed square) and i shouted out to goddard from a distance (too scared to go close im only 5ft6), i said "ey BJ you going to essendon next year?" he just gave me a look with a little bit of a smile and that was it.

SO EXCITED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back