Trade/Free Agency/Draft Rumours and Innuendos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys,

I am participating in a mock draft over on the Eagles Board and the team I was randomly selected to was Essendon.
Now your first pick is obvious, of course.
Feel free to head over to the Eagles Board and check out my write-up on Daniher to make sure I was correct in my estimations.
I was wondering if anyone would have some inside knowledge as to who you were possibly looking at with your 2nd and 3rd round picks?
What type o players do you think you would be after specifically?
I could see outside mids being on the agenda, though Zaharakis back will help.
Anyway, anything you wish to impart to me will be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I am participating in a mock draft over on the Eagles Board and the team I was randomly selected to was Essendon.
Feel free to head over to the Eagles Board and check out my write-up on Daniher to make sure I was correct in my estimations.
I was wondering if anyone would have some inside knowledge as to who you were possibly looking at with your 2nd and 3rd round picks?

it might be tough to know what we will target until we see who (if any) we pick up as free agents i guess...

it might be tough to know what we will target until we see who (if any) we pick up as free agents i guess...

I do think it is a bit ridiculous that this mock draft is occurring before trade week but them's the breaks.
Just wondering if anyone had heard the club suggest they were interested in anyone in particular (say for WC there were rumours re. Sheppard and Weedon that we were particularly keen on them before the draft).

Hi guys,

Fair writeup from the couple of games I have seen.

Not sure on the comments that Daniher and Gumby could not co exist in the same team. Gumby is more of a old style Reiwoldt or Spalding (for the oldies) gut running CHF who does his best work up on the wings and beating his man back the otherway. Whereas I don't think Daniher has great endurance and is better suited to the fwd 50 where his marking looks elite. So, I would project that they actually suit each other quite well.

Not sure what type of mid they would go for. Picked up Kavanagh and Merrett last year and they are both winger types. Maybe they will invest in a small defender or forward. They haven't really drafted a small forward since 2006. But probably they will just draft another versatile winger type.

Not sure on the comments that Daniher and Gumby could not co exist in the same team. Gumby is more of a old style Reiwoldt or Spalding (for the oldies) gut running CHF who does his best work up on the wings and beating his man back the otherway. Whereas I don't think Daniher has great endurance and is better suited to the fwd 50 where his marking looks elite. So, I would project that they actually suit each other quite well.

But Gumby + Hurley + Daniher?

But Gumby + Hurley + Daniher?
Sorry mate. Was assuming that Hurley would be moved back. Unfortunatley Hooker and Pears have both fallen off a cliff and we don't really have a choice.

I guess the thing that may confuse things for projecting Essendon's future fwd line is when you place a resting ruck down there. Can you play 3 200cm guys in the one fwd line? Not sure. But Gumby should actually assist in the spacing a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the story again SM, Jimmy was a contact in the phone.. Not the person he was serving.

EDIT: Beware of angry mods Kakkle, that belongs in the inuendos thread

read it properly.. it wasnt james hird it was someone who had their numbers... be it true or false give people the benefit of the doubt, always get excited reading posts like these because it gives hope hahaha

Yep my bad! I did give him the benefit of the doubt & got so excited as soon as I seen the name James Hird thats how I miss red the rest of the post & got it wrong! I'll try to slow down abit next time & take my ventilator whilst reading trade type posts!!!! :D:thumbsu:

I would definatley look to draft a young ruck but would only be spending a late pick. Dodorro and our recruiters have obvious flaws but they do know how to pick talls. Probably should have kept Jenkins but I have little doubt that they will pluck one from somewhere. Also long term, we probably have that option to play one ruck with Daniher / Carlisle / Gumby playing that relief role that Collingwood use.

It's a good thing that you have a player like Daniher available to you.
Saw him play at Dandenong this week for the Cannons.
Was very impressive.
When do you think he will start playing?

That debate on here is almost as popular as the Hurley back vs forward debate. Not sure really. Would love to say he is firing from round 1 but that is unlikely. Seems to have the talent from all accounts, but still a bit of bean pole. A lot will depend on NAB cup form I assume.

That debate on here is almost as popular as the Hurley back vs forward debate. Not sure really. Would love to say he is firing from round 1 but that is unlikely. Seems to have the talent from all accounts, but still a bit of bean pole. A lot will depend on NAB cup form I assume.

Not as much as he use to be but, yes, that was my opinion when I saw him at Dandenong.

No, we will take the best player that suits our needs.
I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't take a midfielder, maybe a flanker/rebounder or if we really rate someone a key position defender but thats about it, we aren't going to waste a second round pick on a ruck that isn't in our future plans, with TBC, Ryder and Daniher(Ruck/Fwd) on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back