List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot 2024-08-19 15.19.10.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

According to a report on Codesport we're about to open up $2.2-2.4 million from just moving on Martin & Bolton. Add in the money we're saving from not paying Baker plus Graham & Rioli also moving on and we're going to have close to a quarter of the cap available to spend. You'd almost be willing to go to the likes of Fremantle Gold Coast & Suns and say we'll pay the salaries of Baker Bolton & Rioli to 'buy' their best picks.

According to a report on Codesport we're about to open up $2.2-2.4 million from just moving on Martin & Bolton. Add in the money we're saving from not paying Baker plus Graham & Rioli also moving on and we're going to have close to a quarter of the cap available to spend. You'd almost be willing to go to the likes of Fremantle Gold Coast & Suns and say we'll pay the salaries of Baker Bolton & Rioli to 'buy' their best picks.
Yes us paying the wages of rioli and Bolton should earn an extra first rounder. The only issue is the contracts are kn the longer side, so say we draft players this year and they work out, we will be looking to bump them up and maybe front load in 3 years, though I guess the lynch money will be enough for the top 5 players who perform in the next 2 years!

Yes us paying the wages of rioli and Bolton should earn an extra first rounder. The only issue is the contracts are kn the longer side, so say we draft players this year and they work out, we will be looking to bump them up and maybe front load in 3 years, though I guess the lynch money will be enough for the top 5 players who perform in the next 2 years!
I'd put it to Freo & Gold Coast that we'll pay the 1st year of their contracts to allow both clubs to make adjustments to their salary caps, but doing so they must hand over the extra value in the trade. We can throw back some of our picks outside the first 2 rounds to balance the deals out a bit, but lets get aggressive with our approach to the trade period and really give the media something to whinge about when it comes to us working the system to our advantage.

I'd put it to Freo & Gold Coast that we'll pay the 1st year of their contracts to allow both clubs to make adjustments to their salary caps, but doing so they must hand over the extra value in the trade. We can throw back some of our picks outside the first 2 rounds to balance the deals out a bit, but lets get aggressive with our approach to the trade period and really give the media something to whinge about when it comes to us working the system to our advantage.
I would think our recruiters would be all over it RT
agree with your thoughts..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could we have a swing in talking to Matthew Kennedy from the blues
was pushed aside from the team last night and would be bitter with the treatment
27 years old and could come in ready to go, likes to tackle and ave 17 disposals.

was pushed aside from the team last night and would be bitter with the treatment
27 years old and could come in ready to go, likes to tackle and ave 17 disposals.
I'd rather make Jack Macrae captain.

Did I hear Riley Beveridge say we were one of those looking at Peatling?
Cover Ears Please Stop GIF by Travis

Stinks Big Cat GIF by Barstool Sports

We have to do this to make sure our cap runs well for the next few years. Don't want to overpay for young untried kids because we have to hit 95% of the cap space

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back