List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, it’s a tough one as 10 (12)puts us in very good player category. 19 means we get a good one but miss out on a few. Is next years first worth it?
Yeah, and surely their 16 (19) & F1 gets Smith over the line?
If not, and someone covets our 10 (12), it might be something we put a price on. I don’t know off hand what that would be

Has anyone ever watched this guy?
His knowledge & research is pretty good...

Hard to fault anything he said.

Ive said it’s hard to judge us this year without seeing how we would have gone with a decent forward.

We have to keep Lynch and hope he gets out on the field. It’s not fair on all the kids trying to launch a career when we are forced to play a sideways crab style because we can’t kick to a target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Righto then. Put it on the list of topics others will want to discuss with us though.
We’re not taking to this draft all of what we receive for Shai, Rioli, Bakes & JG.

Cats come to us and say we need 10 off you.

What do we say?
We say you need us more than we need you, give us a deal we can’t refuse

Can all of Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy work in the same forwardline? Ugle Hagan out of contract in 2026 and we were chasing pretty hard before he opted to re-sign for 2 years, we should already be puttung the work in to lure him out.

His contested stuff can improve and he can sometimes go missing but I think a part of that is who he has to share the forwardline with, in 2 big targets plus weightman and bontempelli. Reckon we can sell him on being the no. 1 key forward, mcg games, marquee games etc

Last edited:
Eagles will hold the perfect pick thats exactly what Baker is worth and thats a pick #15 /#16
which they will get for Barrass. AND THATS THE PRICE MR CLARKE

Yes it is. Their fans are all just acting up because they may not be able to get much more for Barrass. Personally I don’t agree that Barrass is worth anymore than Baker, especially at his age and with slight durability issues. He’s a KPD not a KPF, and last time I checked West Coast were still getting smashed every other week.

Yes it is. Their fans are all just acting up because they may not be able to get much more for Barrass. Personally I don’t agree that Barrass is worth anymore than Baker, especially at his age and with slight durability issues. He’s a KPD not a KPF, and last time I checked West Coast were still getting smashed every other week.
He is actually not that great as a 1 on 1 defender but a very good reader of the ball and great interceptor

Yeah you're probably right.

Gee, a rebuild would look good with 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 14 though wouldn't it...

EDIT: With this we could go...

1. FOS
3. Jagga
5. Trainor
6. Lalor
9. Shanahan
14. ???
We need to start a betting our heads around Tauru. He is going to be an absolute super star. He is better than Trainor and Shanahan. Still only 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just feel he is the 'inbetweener' height
kid needs to grow another 5cm and not totally out of the question as he is a late birthday and might have a spurt
even Butters grew 3cm since drafted looking at the draft profile

Plays like 194cm but on club info it’s 191cm as well.
Hes 194 cms and still growing. Will be a key defender or that third tall interceptor. Can swing forward and play a key post. Has an incredible vertical leap, a vice like mark and is as tough as nails. A footballer in an athletic body.
Has gone and played midfield as well. Such is his athletic ability

For those who are focused on acquiring the Lions pick don't forget they also have Marshall who they need to match a bid on, so they may not be that keen on trading out their R1 pick this year and instead look to trade out of 2025 and gain 3-4 picks in the 20-40 range which then allows them to secure both.
Rubbish. If they don’t deal with us,we’ll select Ashcroft and they’d lose all their picks plus F1 devaluation for 2025. They have < 1500 points available and would require another 1000 points. We are the team they’ll try and trade with because we have the capital and can save them 600 point by not selecting Ashcroft. I can see us getting their F1 or F2 with some wheeling and dealing/ swaps.

Culture? LOL Geelong and Swans seem to have a pretty good culture the past 17 years.

RichmondPick
Cotchin2
Martin3
Caddy7Gold Coast
Vlastuin9
Prestia9Gold Coast
Lynch11Gold Coast
Riewoldt13
Rioli15
Rance18
Balta25
Edwards26
Bolton29
Nankervis35Sydney
Graham53
Butler67
Broad67
GrimesPSD 2
HouliPSD 3
ShortRookie 11
BakerRookie 18
CastagnaRookie 29
LambertRookie 46
SoldoRookie 68
PickettMSD 13
Brandon Ellis??

Rubbish. If they don’t deal with us,we’ll select Ashcroft and they’d lose all their picks plus F1 devaluation for 2025. They have < 1500 points available and would require another 1000 points. We are the team they’ll try and trade with because we have the capital and can save them 600 point by not selecting Ashcroft. I can see us getting their F1 or F2 with some wheeling and dealing/ swaps.
I'm not saying they won't deal with us just that people need to remember that they require points to match 2 players likely to be taken in the top 30. To do that they'll need around 2400-2700 points in total. If you're happy to give them picks 21 29 39 & 41 to get 14 on its own that's fine. Personally I'd prefer to give up say 29 & 39 and get a 2025 R1 pick to start building another impressive draft hand

Can all of Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy work in the same forwardline? Ugle Hagan out of contract in 2026 and we were chasing pretty hard before he opted to re-sign for 2 years, we should already be puttung the work in to lure him out.

His contested stuff can improve and he can sometimes go missing but I think a part of that is who he to share the forwardline with 2 big targets plus weightman and bontempelli. Reckon we can sell him on being the no. 1 key forward, mcg games, marquee games etc

To recruit a big key forward you need to set your midfield up first to show them they are the missing link.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back