List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

For both or just one or the other?

It would be a big call to trade Baker + probably picks 6, 9 & 10 to get the first 3 picks in the draft. I think at best we’d be looking at a couple of picks in the teens, pick 21 and maybe 22 after that. That would be 6-7 picks so no idea what we are doing with the other lists spot other than a back-up ruck.

It would be a big call to trade Baker + probably picks 6, 9 & 10 to get the first 3 picks in the draft. I think at best we’d be looking at a couple of picks in the teens, pick 21 and maybe 22 after that. That would be 6-7 picks so no idea what we are doing with the other lists spot other than a back-up ruck.
Personally I don't see how we get a hold of pick 2 and 3 while holding onto 1. Even if we trade all of 6, 9 and 10.
I'm excited to see us try though lol

1 - ours
2 - Trade 6 and 10 - 600 point surplus to the Roos, who may need volume of kids rather than 1 more
3 - Trade Baker and 9 - points difference would estimate Bakers value at pick 25

so it would just be what on top of 6 would we get from GC in the Rioli deal, so best case 13

so if all these deals go as planned, we could have

1 , 2 , 3 , 13 , 21 , 29

We overpay north in that deal
the WC deal prob under values Baker as well\
So it's not as if we are trying to rip anyone off in these deals.

The biggest issue I see, is just that North and WC don't want to take the risk and so the deal, even if the deals favour them.

We may also try and package up some later deals to move up the order a bit with clubs with academy/F/S selections

1 - ours
2 - Trade 6 and 10 - 600 point surplus to the Roos, who may need volume of kids rather than 1 more
3 - Trade Baker and 9 - points difference would estimate Bakers value at pick 25

so it would just be what on top of 6 would we get from GC in the Rioli deal, so best case 13

1 , 2 , 3 , 13 , 21 , 29

The biggest issue I see, is just that North and WC don't want to take the risk and so the deal, even if the deals favour them.

We may also try and package up some later deals to move up the order a bit with clubs with academy/F/S selections
We also need a surplus. We finished last FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha they did to, I thought they traded pick 1 for some reason.

Swallow - Gun and loyal as ****
Bennell - failure due to above the shoulders issues
Day - injuries but never really reached his potential IMO

Pretty underwhelming.

1 - ours

1 , 2 , 3 , 13 , 21 , 29

Roos don't care about points. I don't think they do 6 and 10 for 2.

Watch this space next year... All I'm saying. 😏
Adrian Caruso did an interview on Gettable and my ears pricked up when he specifically mentioned Cadman alongside Callaghan as someone they were keen to start talks with on an extension. Was a weird player to single out considering he's contracted for another two years. Made me think they definitely see him as a flight risk.

i don't disagree to be fair, but getting four top 20 kids without sacrificing next years first rounder is a pretty strong volume of kids to be fair, on the back of the 5 we drafted what 2 years ago.
How many of those 5 from 2021 have actually shown that they'll be quality 150+ gamers?

I hope the club aren't over-rating our list. We're where we're at for a reason.

How many of those 5 from 2021 have actually shown that they'll be quality 150+ gamers?

I hope the club aren't over-rating our list. We're where we're at for a reason.
yes, thats a risk, but if we are bringing in 5 or 6 kids, it's not a significant difference, unless we can turn those 5th and 6th kids into the second best kid in the draft.

that would be 10+ kids under 21 , you can't carry too many of them on the list at one time or we just get pumped

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back