List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does everyone expect North and others to reach for positional draftees but not us? Surely all teams in the top 10 pick best available.
North have picked Mids even when KPPs were around the mark of their picks, no reason to think they won't do the same now. It's not like their midfield is so rolled gold that they couldn't use more quality there - especially if there's doubt about LDU. Even more so now with trainor's concussion issues, can't see a club using a top 10 on him with the threat of a concussion retirement hanging over his head

Am I right to think you really don’t like Langford? Not even at pick 3 if we got that pick?
I like him, but not at 3. He's slow.

Why? I have literally summarised this thread.

Not sure if you are a dumb campaigner or a confused campaigner?
Why? Because I would have thought my post was a pretty obvious piss-take that clearly went over your head.

Keep the insults out of it.

Why does everyone expect North and others to reach for positional draftees but not us? Surely all teams in the top 10 pick best available.
I believe the reason they're looking at trading back is to they don't have to reach for the kids they want. If they could turn 2 & 22 into say 9 13 & 29 from us, they don't reach and could fill obvious needs with top quality

North have picked Mids even when KPPs were around the mark of their picks, no reason to think they won't do the same now. It's not like their midfield is so rolled gold that they couldn't use more quality there - especially if there's doubt about LDU. Even more so now with trainor's concussion issues, can't see a club using a top 10 on him with the threat of a concussion retirement hanging over his head
MY thoughts exactly, most teams with top 10 picks have holes in their list everywhere, they are not cherry picking.

I like him, but not at 3. He's slow.

Why? Because I would have thought my post was a pretty obvious piss-take that clearly went over your head.

Keep the insults out of it.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Huh? Every one in here is called a campaigner at some point, you are not immune sir.

Apologies if too far.

I believe the reason they're looking at trading back is to they don't have to reach for the kids they want. If they could turn 2 & 22 into say 9 13 & 29 from us, they don't reach and could fill obvious needs with top quality
Yeah I get the thinking, but its not like their list is stacked. I would be shocked if they thought they could pick positional players to fill specific holes with the state of their list.

I have it slightly different:

1. FOS (Richmond)
2. Armstrong (North- they want too much for this pick, so reach best KPF)
3. Jagga (Richmond- baker and 10 to WCE)
4. Draper (Adelaide)
5. Smillie (Melbourne)
6. Langford (Richmond- Rioli to GCS)
7. Trainor (St Kilda)
8. Lalor (St Kilda FA compo)
9. Shanahan (Essendon)
10. Reid (Richmond)

I'd prefer us to take a tall early but think Saints, North and Essendon will all reach for them
Melb. are desperate for a KPF too

Always need good mids, but you would think they can’t go past grandson if former player that is perfect key backman - that they desperately need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything north of Preston is a barren wasteland.
Yeah as someone who lives in the north that mad max documentary they filmed still stacks up really well to what it’s like out here

Their midfield is pretty stacked to be fair. Sheezel, Wardlaw, LDU, Simpkin. McKercher will eventually end up in there. Wouldn't be surprised if Duursma ends up in there. They still have Brayden George who hasn't played a game yet due to a horrific run with injury.

Yeah right! We are just accepting the media hype and haven't bothered assessing it for ourselves🙄
Have some faith that our recruiting team and List Manager know how to assess a draft. We are trading in to this draft, tells me all I need to know.
My faith is at an all-time low right now. Our decisions on and off the field in the past few years have done nothing to change that.

Gettable/ Twomey: North has offered its future first for Dan Houston đź‘€

Now maybe that’s a pick swap, but he didn’t say that. And might be an insight in to both North’s desperation & what the 2025 crop quality is expected to look like

I thought dan houston we have a problem was staying at pears

Deals I'd make using our current trade assests

Starting point
1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker
Bolton
Rioli

Rioli to Suns for 6 & 13. We pay 1-2 years salary.

1, 6, 13, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker
Bolton

Bolton to Dockers for 9, 10 & 17. We pay 1-2 years salary.

1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker

Baker, 10 & 21 to Eagles for 3 & 23

1, 3, 6, 9, 13, 17, 23, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75

9 13 & 29 to North for 2 & 22

1, 2, 3, 6, 17, 22, 23, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75

39, 41, 47, 57, 66 to Lions for 14

Head to the draft with:
1, 2, 3, 6, 14, 17, 22, 23, 73 & 75

8 picks inside 30. 4 of the first 7 players drafted. Possibility that we get another pick in the early 20s for Graham if he departs as well.

All the deals are fair to both parties but favour Richmond because at the end of the day we should be looking out for us and not concerned with who other clubs may or may not be able to get with their picks.

For example if North want KPPs giving them picks 9 & 13 gives them 2 cracks at it. With the likes of the Whitlocks Shanahan Faull Trainor & Armstrong possibly on the board at those picks they can still get what they need, but not necessarily their first choice. That's not our problem if they don't trade 2 to us they can keep it or get lesser value from another club.
Way too optimistic for all of those player trades

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back