List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

This ludicrous contract to Mac Andrew is gonna cause a mass exodus out of Fold Coast. Can imagine future negotiations for contract extensions for all their guns who outperform him not being pleasant when their contract offers look tiny compared to his. Will make a few run for the exits, some will get ridiculously huge contracts too and cause salary cap issues forcing Jack Bowes scenarios again that we'll be primed to pounce on with our cap space. This contract makes no sense. Darcy must be worth $2.5 mil and hate to think what Balta will cost to retain. At least we'll get pick 2 if he leaves for FA.
One of the changes to the drafting/trading/FA rules proposed is to change how the compo for free agency is distributed.

Rather than having it based on the team's position at band 1 (first round pick), band 2 (end of first round) etc, it is to reflect more on based on points. E.g a player gets an offer of 900k a season it will deemed 1800 points so the compo pick will be pick 6,or a player is offered 400k a season being worth 500 points leading to a pick 37 compo.

I'm not sure on your specific footy watching habits but recently if you've watched him, you can see the signs, especially in his last 2-3 games. Cadman and JUH are different types of forwards. I hate making player comparisons but it's unavoidable with this sport, but Cadman is more your Jeremy Cameron type, JUH is more your Lynch type but with better athleticism.
I like Cadman, but I also like JUH. I just don't get the disparity in views when JUH has shown more thus far

I like Cadman, but I also like JUH. I just don't get the disparity in views when JUH has shown more thus far
Or we could just draft our own KPF this year, and thereby avoid the salary and trading issues of poaching a player from elsewhere? This is our best chance to do it since we grabbed Jack way back. As I’ve said, I don’t think JUH is a number one KPF, based on what I’ve seen.
Much rather draft our own.

if we're actually a legitimate chance of cadman, then just stack mids early this draft, screw KPFS & maybe transfer some of our teen/early 20s picks into next year so we have some decent picks to trade outside of our first picks for the next 2 years, which are likely no higher than pick 1-4 (2025&2026)

swing gibcus fwd and have cadman+gibcus duo as our key talls, opens up bauer to play 3rd tall fwd or back (or vfl). if there's a dominant kpf in next years draft then i guess we can keep gibcus in the backline

then we just need to focus on rucks and some backs to pair with balta which you can get away with being non top picks, albeit them being high picks would help. hopefully miller/young/blight can either become solid or be solid stop gaps in the meantime

Leek Aleer
Saw an interesting tweet about him from one of the editors at the Roar a few weeks ago linking us kind of but don’t know if it was based or anything

Would be a very astute pick up for us
Any of you guys heard anything
Tiger71 Tigerbob Grockadoc

Saw an interesting tweet about him from one of the editors at the Roar a few weeks ago linking us kind of but don’t know if it was based or anything

Would be a very astute pick up for us
Any of you guys heard anything
Tiger71 Tigerbob Grockadoc
I don’t think there’s been any leeks about him leaving……

cloudy with a chance of meatballs bay GIF

Don't get the love-in for cadman but hesitance around JUH. Contested marks, 1v1's, Goals, score involvements all in JUH favour

View attachment 2108490

Ugle-Hagans a 22yo key forward whos hasnt even played 70 games. People judge him WAY to harshly. How many key position forwards are good and consistent at that age? Poeple trashing him because he had a bad final when even Bont couldn't do anynthing in that forward line with the limited delivery. Hes a gun and still got a lotta improvement.

He kicked 35 goals at 1.5 goals per game last season and kicked 43 at 1.9 goals a game this year. He had a stretch of 10 games in th later hals of this year where he kicked multiple goals in 9 of them (1 in the 10th) and that included 3 straight games of 4 goals.

At 22yo, closing in on 100 games, goal count increasing and consitency improving I think all signs pointing to a guy about to take a giant leap. Wouldn't be suprised if hes top 5 in goals next year.

Would kill to grab him. Lets not forget with Bolton gone our leading goal kicker is Mansell with 21 and then Lefau with 14. JUH had a 4 game stretch where he kicked 14 goals this season.

I don't get why so many people at so big on Cadman, does not at all strike me has a great key forward.

I know he is young, but I reckon he'd have even worse stats if it wasn't for Hogan.
Value of a player seems to double if they supported Richmond as a kid.

After Sonsie I'm applying a 50% reduction in value from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images - 2024-09-12T174935.636.jpeg

We've got 3 years left before his FA. By then all of our current mids will most likely be gone bar Taranto, Ross, McAuliffe and maybe Hopper. All our 2024 Drafted mids will hopefully have played 50 games together and will be starting to really hit their straps. Fold Coast will be ripe for plundering too would love to plunder Noah Anderson as a FA too. Hopefully we have a dominant tap ruckman by then too.

Last edited:
One of the changes to the drafting/trading/FA rules proposed is to change how the compo for free agency is distributed.

Rather than having it based on the team's position at band 1 (first round pick), band 2 (end of first round) etc, it is to reflect more on based on points. E.g a player gets an offer of 900k a season it will deemed 1800 points so the compo pick will be pick 6,or a player is offered 400k a season being worth 500 points leading to a pick 37 compo.

Where has this been reported????
What a load of 💩. Imagine the uproar if the bottom teams lose players to FA and get basically the same pick compo as the team that just won the premiership for a similar deal.

I'm not sure on your specific footy watching habits but recently if you've watched him, you can see the signs, especially in his last 2-3 games. Cadman and JUH are different types of forwards. I hate making player comparisons but it's unavoidable with this sport, but Cadman is more your Jeremy Cameron type, JUH is more your Lynch type but with better athleticism.
NO way does JUH crunch a pack like lynch , few do

I don't get why so many people at so big on Cadman, does not at all strike me has a great key forward.

I know he is young, but I reckon he'd have even worse stats if it wasn't for Hogan.
KPF rarely start their careers as world beaters.
I thought the same about Cadman last year, but going to Giants games and seeing his improvement this year... absolutely no doubt that he will be a gun. I'd put money on that.
He's mobile, great hands, good kick. He's starting to get an engine. He'll be killing it in 2 - 3 years. Better than JUH by a Country mile I reckon, and JUH will be pretty good.

Freo is the chance for anther premiership, versus WC being the club he supported growing up. If I was a two time premiership player I think I would move to the club I supported growing up, considering I would want to visit it for the next 50 years.

It’s not up to Baker though. Out of contract or not, he’s our asset. We will try to accomodate his request to move back to his home state but we want to get the best value we can out of it. If he wants to play for the club he supported as a kid like a little fairytale he better get them to pony up the trade currency. I’m sorry but just because he supported the club doesn’t mean we bend over, business is business and this guy is making a mint out of AFL. We gave him his chance when no WA club wanted him so show us the ****ing money!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back