List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish you were right, but we are not getting 6 and 12 for Rioli (unless there are significant later draft picks returned to GC).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We will because they're desperate too play finals.

Neither did Jack really

JUH plays similar to Jack imo with his massive leap and break away speed
I’d have to watch JUH more closely , I wouldn’t have thought they’re an an obvious comparison, how are they tracking same age , reckon jack had a broader bag of tricks , JUH is very mark and kick

what do you think Norf will do at pick 2?
Armstong or Trainor would be suited IMO>

Trainor I don’t think is now in the conversation at Pick 2.

Armstrongs stock is rising, North need a KPF and he’s the best of the lot. I’d suggest he would be the one they are looking to bring in.

If they trade down to say 6, to me it doesn’t make sense. They may miss on Armstrong and then it doesn’t get a midfielder they truly covet.

I think they will look into all options but retain Pick 2. If we do something silly like not take FOS at Pick 1, I expect a massive decision to make for them.

I’d have to watch JUH more closely , I wouldn’t have thought they’re an an obvious comparison, how are they tracking same age , reckon jack had a broader bag of tricks , JUH is very mark and kick

Quite simply, Jacks footy IQ was unmatched. JUH has the athletic abilities but will never have the footy nous Jack had.

Armstrongs stock is rising, North need a KPF and he’s the best of the lot. I’d suggest he would be the one they are looking to bring in.

If they trade down to say 6, to me it doesn’t make sense. They may miss on Armstrong and then it doesn’t get a midfielder they truly covet.

I think they will look into all options but retain Pick 2. If we do something silly like not take FOS at Pick 1, I expect a massive decision to make for them.

Quite simply, Jacks footy IQ was unmatched. JUH has the athletic abilities but will never have the footy nous Jack had.
Excuse the interruption, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if 6 + 13 would suffice, because we could reasonably expect to get 2 of Armstrong, Shanahan, Berry and Trainor.

Otherwise, if you guys don't wanna trade for 2, fair enough, but I'd expect we'd take one of Jagga, Draper or FOS, depending on who you've taken at 1. Then take someone like Whitlock, Gerreyn or Faull later down the line.

Good luck with your draft. Your hand is amazing.

I'll bite for shits and giggles.

If you wouldn't trade pick 1 for JUH, then you're well and truly cooked. That would be the easiest decision a list manager will ever make.

We have plenty of other picks for mids.

But yeah, Dogs won't trade him.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
Nope. Batshit crazy. Thank god you're not the list manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the changes to the drafting/trading/FA rules proposed is to change how the compo for free agency is distributed.

Rather than having it based on the team's position at band 1 (first round pick), band 2 (end of first round) etc, it is to reflect more on based on points. E.g a player gets an offer of 900k a season it will deemed 1800 points so the compo pick will be pick 6,or a player is offered 400k a season being worth 500 points leading to a pick 37 compo.
Balta will get $1.2 mil c 5 years
do we get pick #1

Excuse the interruption, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if 6 + 13 would suffice, because we could reasonably expect to get 2 of Armstrong, Shanahan, Berry and Trainor.

Otherwise, if you guys don't wanna trade for 2, fair enough, but I'd expect we'd take one of Jagga, Draper or FOS, depending on who you've taken at 1. Then take someone like Whitlock, Gerreyn or Faull later down the line.

Good luck with your draft. Your hand is amazing.
I personally wouldn't trade #6 as the top 7/8 are all in the same bracket and we would just be throwing away a pick

9 + 21
10+Baker
14+15

This years draft is not as last few years where it was a standout 1/2/3 players then a gap
Very good chance North stay at #2 and take Armstrong as it will be between North & Melbourne that are in the Market for him and at #6 you might miss out.

I personally wouldn't trade #6 as the top 7/8 are all in the same bracket and we would just be throwing away a pick

9 + 21
10+Baker
14+15

This years draft is not as last few years where it was a standout 1/2/3 players then a gap
Very good chance North stay at #2 and take Armstrong as it will be between North & Melbourne that are in the Market for him and at #6 you might miss out.
If we've got 3 from WCE, then I'd trade 6 for 2 and ensure we get the 3 players we want.

I don’t really give a shit about the KPPs in this draft, maybe we take one with our later picks but that should be it. We already have Gray and Fawcett who haven’t played a game yet, Bauer coming into the fold and hopefully Lefau/Lynch coming back from injury. Down back we have Balta, Miller, Blight, Broad and Gibcus/Young coming back from injury.

What we need is players that can play midfield and a shit ton of them. We are about to lose Graham, Bolton, Baker and Dusty who all play time in the midfield yet this year we didn’t have enough midfielders. Our midfield has been our biggest issue since our last flag, so much so it’s almost impossible to rate the players in other positions.

Obviously we can’t just have genuine mids but we should be bringing in 5-6 players that can rotate in the middle. Maybe one mature player, 3 of the top mids in this draft, a half back like Travaglia who plays mid and another one who plays more forward.

That’s my sentiments too , Jack was also big on goal assists , was cunning as a fox and lept over tall buildings ,,,I don’t see much of that in JUH at all , I reckon he will always be unfulfilled

That’s my sentiments too , Jack was also big on goal assists , was cunning as a fox and lept over tall buildings ,,,I don’t see much of that in JUH at all , I reckon he will always be unfulfilled
Jack had a breakout game against west coast 10 Gs , went from okay and hopeful to top line.

Plenty of time for JUH to get there

Last edited:
I don’t really give a shit about the KPPs in this draft, maybe we take one with our later picks but that should be it. We already have Gray and Fawcett who haven’t played a game yet, Bauer coming into the fold and hopefully Lefau/Lynch coming back from injury.
Fawcett is third rounder who has yet to play a AFL match.. Gray is a long shot rookie. Bauer likewise came from the rookie list, and whilst he has admittedly shown some promise he is at best a third tall. Lefau is a very mature aged rookie coming back from a 2nd knee reconstruction and Lynch is 31 and has hardly played a game in two years.

You need a hell of a lot of 'hope' riding on this lot, far far too much for comfort. If any other club had this collection we'd no doubt describe their tall forward stocks as 'dire'. Now I am not prescribing which player and what pick, don't know the draft well enough and of course we don't even know what picks we'll have. And I am all in favour of loading up on mids.

However, just saying we ignore our KPF stocks at our own peril.

Fawcett is third rounder who has yet to play a AFL match.. Gray is a long shot rookie. Bauer likewise came from the rookie list, and whilst he has admittedly shown some promise he is at best a third tall. Lefau is a very mature aged rookie coming back from a 2nd knee reconstruction and Lynch is 31 and has hardly played a game in two years.

You need a hell of a lot of 'hope' riding on this lot, far far too much for comfort. If any other club had this collection we'd no doubt describe their tall forward stocks as 'dire'. Now I am not prescribing which player and what pick, don't know the draft well enough and of course we don't even know what picks we'll have. And I am all in favour of loading up on mids.

100% our KPF are pretty dire &/or washed up &/or complete long shots.

At some point we need to make a proper investment. What better time than when we likely have 7 high end picks.

just trade pick one for JUH, plenty on here want to

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back