List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Look out everyone!!​

IF ...​

Dusty has retired from Richmond ...

THEN ...​

football's most mysterious of characters still has to provide a final answer to his old coach and current Suns coach Dimma on whether he wants to play for the Suns in 2025. A big few weeks coming up.

Look out everyone!!​

IF ...​

THEN ...​

football's most mysterious of characters still has to provide a final answer to his old coach and current Suns coach Dimma on whether he wants to play for the Suns in 2025. A big few weeks coming up.
Omg. There's no way.

Look out everyone!!​

IF ...​

THEN ...​

What an absolute ****witt

We finished 18th and are looking down the barrel of an unprecedented draft hand for a non expansion club and he wants to go back and bring up Dusty one last time

He could of done any number of “sliding doors” that are relevant surrounding our draft hand, fitness boss, new CEO or even head Coach

Even IF Dusty did go to the Gold Coast it has absolutely nothing to do with us anymore and doesn’t impact us at all

We finished 18th and are looking down the barrel of an unprecedented draft hand for a non expansion club and he wants to go back and bring up Dusty one last time

He could of done any number of “sliding doors” that are relevant surrounding our draft hand, fitness boss, new CEO or even head Coach

Even IF Dusty did go to the Gold Coast it has absolutely nothing to do with us anymore and doesn’t impact us at all
If I were a youtuber, I would go back and explore this entire story and do a video on it. I would be brutal and scathing of all the media involved and say that the "Journalists" need to have their titles remade to "Editorialists" or "Pundits".

This Dusty story goes back to 2022 when Sam Mclure put it up as a hypothetical trade scenario. He got pressed on it and then started to defend his position. I don't know what happened with "Scoops" but he decided that he was going to move this trade hypothetical to an actual fact that was going to occur. He then ran up that hill and has decided to die on it. Ever since then, he has been going on about it and even brought in the other media because of it. There has never been any actual or confirmed noise around this. The only connection is Damien Hardwick. It only seems like the Gold Coast were after Dusty for a while because Scoops kept in the media landscape for so long. Now it just seems to be incepted into peoples minds that Dusty has long been considering a shift to the Gold Coast (even prior to Dimma moving there).

This whole event is a great study on how conspiracy and media control narratives. Say something enough and it becomes fact. We are lucky it is something so inconsequential to life considering how well this has occured.

If I were a youtuber, I would go back and explore this entire story and do a video on it. I would be brutal and scathing of all the media involved and say that the "Journalists" need to have their titles remade to "Editorialists" or "Pundits".

This Dusty story goes back to 2022 when Sam Mclure put it up as a hypothetical trade scenario. He got pressed on it and then started to defend his position. I don't know what happened with "Scoops" but he decided that he was going to move this trade hypothetical to an actual fact that was going to occur. He then ran up that hill and has decided to die on it. Ever since then, he has been going on about it and even brought in the other media because of it. There has never been any actual or confirmed noise around this. The only connection is Damien Hardwick. It only seems like the Gold Coast were after Dusty for a while because Scoops kept in the media landscape for so long. Now it just seems to be incepted into peoples minds that Dusty has long been considering a shift to the Gold Coast (even prior to Dimma moving there).

This whole event is a great study on how conspiracy and media control narratives. Say something enough and it becomes fact. We are lucky it is something so inconsequential to life considering how well this has occured.
without being at RFC we don't know what retirement paper Dusty lodged at RFC. What retirement paperwork RFC have to lodge for Naismith, Grimes, Pickett.

Final lists aren't lodged for a while. End of Oct, I think.. So, delisting deadline is a few weeks away.
But if Martin never retired & NOW being traded to the Gold Coast, Great news. Compensation to us.

Last edited:

Look out everyone!!​

IF ...​

THEN ...​

Bloke is a moron!

Jack had a breakout game against west coast 10 Gs , went from okay and hopeful to top line.

Plenty of time for JUH to get there
Could’ve gotten there a few times this year if not for poor conversion. He’s coming along just think he needs to be told he’s the main man up front.

They should shift naughton down back. Darcy and juh with a fleet of smalls will do damage.

Saw an interesting tweet about him from one of the editors at the Roar a few weeks ago linking us kind of but don’t know if it was based or anything

Would be a very astute pick up for us
Any of you guys heard anything
Tiger71 Tigerbob Grockadoc
Mentioned it in the Trade thread... well I can't remember anymore... so many of them. Have heard whispers.... guess we'll see.

Last edited:
without being at RFC we don't know what retirement paper Dusty lodged at RFC. What retirement paperwork RFC have to lodge for Naismith, Grimes, Pickett.

Final lists aren't lodged for a while. End of Oct, I think.. So, delisting deadline is a few weeks away.
But if Martin never retired & NOW being traded to the Gold Coast, Great news. Compensation to us.
Unless he gets a god father "we need to look at their books" offer from Gold Coast, I don't think we would get more than a 3rd or 4th rounder. Would be under Unrestricted FA wouldnt he?

If all the draft picks suggested do end up coming our way and the chatter that North want to get another pick in this years first round what’s the appetite for trading pick 6 to North for their 2025 first pick?

You’d have to look at it surely

Or we could just draft our own KPF this year, and thereby avoid the salary and trading issues of poaching a player from elsewhere? This is our best chance to do it since we grabbed Jack way back. As I’ve said, I don’t think JUH is a number one KPF, based on what I’ve seen.
Much rather draft our own.
Jonathon Brown once spoke about the Key Forwards last year "On the Couch". One thing he said, which wasn't picked up on, is that "There are Forwards and then there are Forwards with Presence." You want the ones that have Presence. JUH just doesn't look to have that presence. A lot of the successful tall forwards have a bit of 'swagger', a bit of arrogance and fire. You need that. It is like an F1 driver that doesnt turn into a complete and utter douchebag when on the track; if they don't have that killer instinct, they aint ever winning a title.

JUH doesnt have that. Neither of Kings do either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all the draft picks suggested do end up coming our way and the chatter that North want to get another pick in this years first round what’s the appetite for trading pick 6 to North for their 2025 first pick?

Nah, I would do a pick 10 or 14 if we get the Lions one. They would expect by now to rise up the ladder and spending a top 10 this year for an unknown next year is a bit dangerous.

Ugle-Hagans a 22yo key forward whos hasnt even played 70 games. People judge him WAY to harshly. How many key position forwards are good and consistent at that age? Poeple trashing him because he had a bad final when even Bont couldn't do anynthing in that forward line with the limited delivery. Hes a gun and still got a lotta improvement.

He kicked 35 goals at 1.5 goals per game last season and kicked 43 at 1.9 goals a game this year. He had a stretch of 10 games in th later hals of this year where he kicked multiple goals in 9 of them (1 in the 10th) and that included 3 straight games of 4 goals.

At 22yo, closing in on 100 games, goal count increasing and consitency improving I think all signs pointing to a guy about to take a giant leap. Wouldn't be suprised if hes top 5 in goals next year.

Would kill to grab him. Lets not forget with Bolton gone our leading goal kicker is Mansell with 21 and then Lefau with 14. JUH had a 4 game stretch where he kicked 14 goals this season.
JUH started this year with 45 games. He turned 22 in April. Jack Riewoldt turned 22 in October and entered 2010 with 46 games under his belt.

1726195426157.png

Jack Riewoldt also didn't have all the elite ball users JUH has feeding him the ball as well. For the cost (Money and Picks) it is so much better to try and draft a forward and develop them than go for this guy.

North F1 pick would be great. Pick 1&2 next year.

Anyone got a gif of a jockey beating a dead horse?? Pic of D.Barret doing it would be perfect!!

JUH started this year with 45 games. He turned 22 in April. Jack Riewoldt turned 22 in October and entered 2010 with 46 games under his belt.

View attachment 2109229

Jack Riewoldt also didn't have all the elite ball users JUH has feeding him the ball as well. For the cost (Money and Picks) it is so much better to try and draft a forward and develop them than go for this guy.
RFC overdid the midfield changes with Taranto & Hopper.
underdid it with Kosi IN for Jack R.
JUH IN before he resigned with the Dogs would've been great. Won't get him to Punt road now. Cadman extended to 2026.
Any KPF extraction will cost draft picks we need to use, next couple of years.
may as well hit the draft for the best available.
A fit Lynch and we won't know ourselves. Lynch + Bauer + Leau/Kosi/Gibcus the draftee is an improvement.

RFC overdid the midfield changes with Taranto & Hopper.
underdid it with Kosi IN for Jack R.
JUH IN before he resigned with the Dogs would've been great. Won't get him to Punt road now. Cadman extended to 2026.
Any KPF extraction will cost draft picks we need to use, next couple of years.
may as well hit the draft for the best available.
A fit Lynch and we won't know ourselves. Lynch + Bauer + Leau/Kosi/Gibcus the draftee is an improvement.
Think Lefau will take that second or third spot. He attacks the ball at speed and also has the "Get the F out of my way" when he took out Bolton.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back