List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could actually work in our favour
Dusty will still get a half decent contract salary wise so means the Gold Coast will be very inclined to look for some help with Riolis salary

It is what it is re Dusty but let’s not shoot ourselves in the foot by trying not to capitalise on the situation
Absolutely right, somethings we cannot control as a club, but maximising the situation to RFC advantage is something we can control….

We already have a good draft hand, it benefits us not if Dusty plays at another club, I don't care anyone says i'll never look at him the same again.
Imagine if Blair Hartley reacted this emotionally to these sorts of things. You can feel what you feel but you're insane if you think this has any impact on the Rioli deal.

I mean if he was going to go to Gold Coast why wouldn’t he say I’m too injured to play out this year rather than saying he’s retired?
He was apparently torn on whether he was going to retire or not. The reality of the situation probably weighed on him and he reached out.
I'm not sure why some people are flipping out. We wouldn't have got much in a trade for him anyway. He can do whatever he likes.

He was apparently torn on whether he was going to retire or not. The reality of the situation probably weighed on him and he reached out.
I'm not sure why some people are flipping out. We wouldn't have got much in a trade for him anyway. He can do whatever he likes.
thank you GC for your first two picks.
They can and will overpay for Rioli now IMO.

Dustin reached out to the Suns? Nothing in particular said ? So reach out could mean he called their receptionist to get a coffee with Dimma. If it does go further in terms of him playing , surely there would be rules governing this sort of behaviour???

Tactically not a smart move by Suns, should something eventuate as they are looking to bring in Rioli?
From the Age.

"When asked about the situation, Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell told this masthead: “We can confirm that Dustin has had a conversation with the club and we will both be engaging in further conversations to work out whether it’s a good fit for the Gold Coast Suns and for Dustin.”

Not sure what the GC salary cap is like, but the AFL won’t give them any ambassador $$ , because Dusty doesn’t do media.

I don’t see how any of this affects the Rioli deal to be honest, you just put this in the memory bank and screw them over some time down the track. We’ll have a sh!tload of cap space next year and beyond, and just about guaranteed there’ll be GC players wanting to return to their home state

Not sure what the GC salary cap is like, but the AFL won’t give them any ambassador $$ , because Dusty doesn’t do media.

I don’t see how any of this affects the Rioli deal to be honest, you just put this in the memory bank and screw them over some time down the track. We’ll have a sh!tload of cap space next year and beyond, and just about guaranteed there’ll be GC players wanting to return to their home state
I think it affects the Rioli deal significantly, can't do deals if you don't have trust.

fans of sport are emotional.
Yeah, we try and apply a “fans” mindset that is built over a lifetime of supporting 1 organisation to a player or coach who’s relationship with the club is one that’s between an employer and employee

I think the only impact is they might need more cap space paving the way for us to contribute enough dollars to cover Dusty for 2 years increasing their trade offer.

That said I just dont believe he will play there, he is cooked, they dont need him, waste of everyones time IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Age.

"When asked about the situation, Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell told this masthead: “We can confirm that Dustin has had a conversation with the club and we will both be engaging in further conversations to work out whether it’s a good fit for the Gold Coast Suns and for Dustin.”
Had to stop & reflect on this for a moment. Dusty is a triple premiership player for RFC & has given his best footy years to us. Not going to begrudge him a season or two at GC.
Although there’s a bit of a when Cuz came to RFC feel about it, maybe what there squad needs to lift them & affect GC culture? All the best to Dusty ! We will see how it all plays out I guess?….

I think the only impact is they might need more cap space paving the way for us to contribute enough dollars to cover Dusty for 2 years increasing their trade offer.

That said I just dont believe he will play there, he is cooked, they dont need him, waste of everyones time IMO
I was reading that he’s shed a couple of kg in preparation. He definitely looked cooked this year, the amount of “don’t argues “ that failed, was sad at the time.

Fawcett is third rounder who has yet to play a AFL match.. Gray is a long shot rookie. Bauer likewise came from the rookie list, and whilst he has admittedly shown some promise he is at best a third tall. Lefau is a very mature aged rookie coming back from a 2nd knee reconstruction and Lynch is 31 and has hardly played a game in two years.

You need a hell of a lot of 'hope' riding on this lot, far far too much for comfort. If any other club had this collection we'd no doubt describe their tall forward stocks as 'dire'. Now I am not prescribing which player and what pick, don't know the draft well enough and of course we don't even know what picks we'll have. And I am all in favour of loading up on mids.

However, just saying we ignore our KPF stocks at our own peril.
Exactly , get one or two kpp right and it’s what leapfrogs ahead of a few teams in front of us

I was reading that he’s shed a couple of kg in preparation. He definitely looked cooked this year, the amount of “don’t argues “ that failed, was sad at the time.
It would take a significant turnaround in form to be a productive member of any side. He genuinely looked totally spent , no goals , or assist and few involves , shot and was clogging the side ,,,good luck to him , if I was his mate , I’d be saying you sure mate

JUH started this year with 45 games. He turned 22 in April. Jack Riewoldt turned 22 in October and entered 2010 with 46 games under his belt.

View attachment 2109229

Jack Riewoldt also didn't have all the elite ball users JUH has feeding him the ball as well. For the cost (Money and Picks) it is so much better to try and draft a forward and develop them than go for this guy.
i get that jack riewoldt is a legend, but this is a weak comparison. sure it's same year, same age but the difference is that jack was competing with andrew collins and ben nason as the 2nd(15) and 3rd(14) goal kickers

JUH has to share a fwd line with naughton and sam darcy so he's not the only target

some stats that the ones you listed lack is that the dogs had 7 players kick more goals than richmond's 2nd leading goal kicker andrew collins who had 15 goals

so their fwd structure is different and their avenues to goal are much broader

this isn't to take anything away from riewoldt but our fwd line was dog shit and he was our only hope of scoring

I’m not actually that interested in Jack Martin but it would be funny if we drafted him and got more out of him than at the blues just to see the melts.

I’m not actually that interested in Jack Martin but it would be funny if we drafted him and got more out of him than at the blues just to see the melts.
season 5 episode 7 GIF by Workaholics

Maybe the club knew this all along and it is part of Dan going, dusty will retire and go to you guys as well as Dan but first 2 picks and we pay a bit if Dan's salary, Dimma, Campbell and Grigg would still have plenty of connections at Richmond so would not surprise me if this has been nutted out between the 2 clubs.
If we get picks 6 and 13 for Dan and letting dusty go there I'm all for it.

Maybe the club knew this all along and it is part of Dan going, dusty will retire and go to you guys as well as Dan but first 2 picks and we pay a bit if Dan's salary, Dimma, Campbell and Grigg would still have plenty of connections at Richmond so would not surprise me if this has been nutted out between the 2 clubs.
If we get picks 6 and 13 for Dan and letting dusty go there I'm all for it.
Don't think we are that clever.

Reckon Suns are spewing Dimma reached out to Martin earlier in the year that got this farce rolling, think they are trying to work out how to say no without upsetting Dimma.

Jack Martin is a good player but always injured or maybe doesn't prepare well

Dont want... pass

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back