List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think we are that clever.

Reckon Suns are spewing Dimma reached out to Martin earlier in the year that got this farce rolling, think they are trying to work out how to say no without upsetting Dimma.
It dosent seem like it lately but we are a clever club. The richmond boys at Gold Coast know we need pics and we know they couldn't give a shit bout pics right now. I have a feeling it has been worked out between the clubs.
Dusty retiring for richmond then conveniently " changing his mind" to come out of retirement to play for the Gold Coast damages his richmond legacy a lot less then him leaving as a free agent to go to the Gold coast.
Time will tell but I think we will hear in the rioli trade that they gave 6 and 13 for tioli as we are paying a substantial amount of his salary.

i mean dusty is worth 0 chips at his age, would be a luke hodge situation where he pretty much went for pick 75. but if it helps get more juice for the rioli trade i'm all for it, i highly doubt too many hawks fans look down on hodge for his 2 years at the lions

dan rioli's trade is turning 9 years of service from a pick 15 in 2015 into pick 6 + ???, which is very worth it considering what the needs of the club are currently. we need to refresh our team with young talent, and what better way than to get great compensation for players who are actively seeking to join other clubs

not saying that he's a guarantee to last til pick 6, but it's the difference between potentially having lalor for 13 years or rioli for 5~ more years who would most likely retire by the time we're in our "premiership window" and getting no pick 6 in return

AFL website says net loss of free agents so I wonder if we could get band 1 if the two contracts are large enough. Make it happen tigers pick 2 here we come!!!

We can see below GWS lost Corr and Williams to free agency in 2020, and got separately compensated with a pick for each of them.

1726216107533.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL website says net loss of free agents so I wonder if we could get band 1 if the two contracts are large enough. Make it happen tigers pick 2 here we come!!!
Net = You get less if you gain a free agent at the same time you lose one. Not 2 losses adding together for 1 big pick.

Could be Band 3 for Graham and Band 5 for Dusty.

i get that jack riewoldt is a legend, but this is a weak comparison. sure it's same year, same age but the difference is that jack was competing with andrew collins and ben nason as the 2nd(15) and 3rd(14) goal kickers

JUH has to share a fwd line with naughton and sam darcy so he's not the only target

some stats that the ones you listed lack is that the dogs had 7 players kick more goals than richmond's 2nd leading goal kicker andrew collins who had 15 goals

so their fwd structure is different and their avenues to goal are much broader

this isn't to take anything away from riewoldt but our fwd line was dog shit and he was our only hope of scoring
So JUH can't establish himself in a forward line that makes up a Backman and a ruckmen that is 21. Even more reason to not take him. If he is the large target and can't get free as the second or third tall, then I really don't want him.

So JUH can't establish himself in a forward line that makes up a Backman and a ruckmen that is 21. Even more reason to not take him. If he is the large target and can't get free as the second or third tall, then I really don't want him.
in their 3rd years, JUH wasn't that far off jack, who was behind michael roach medalist & premiership winning fwd mitch morton

1726221346277.png
1726221316616.png

the difference is that in the next year, the dogs gained a 38 goal tall fwd out of nowhere, whereas everyone from richmond went backwards except for jack

1726221409921.png 1726221423490.png

so i'd say it's less JUH not being able to establish himself from the 3 talls players, and it's more the fact that the bulldogs have 3 talented KPFs to kick the ball to, the bont, & two 25+ goal kicking smalls. whereas richmond had jack and...?

if dogs didn't get kissed on the tip with sam darcy as a father son, there's every chance that JUH & naughton could've split 50 goals each this season, which would've been the same amount of goals that prime age (26yrs old) tom lynch kicked in the 2019 H/A season while jack was injured for half the year

Last edited:
i mean dusty is worth 0 chips at his age, would be a luke hodge situation where he pretty much went for pick 75. but if it helps get more juice for the rioli trade i'm all for it, i highly doubt too many hawks fans look down on hodge for his 2 years at the lions

dan rioli's trade is turning 9 years of service from a pick 15 in 2015 into pick 6 + ???, which is very worth it considering what the needs of the club are currently. we need to refresh our team with young talent, and what better way than to get great compensation for players who are actively seeking to join other clubs

not saying that he's a guarantee to last til pick 6, but it's the difference between potentially having lalor for 13 years or rioli for 5~ more years who would most likely retire by the time we're in our "premiership window" and getting no pick 6 in return

And the reality that Rioli will only maintain from here or decline, We will have seen the best of him. If he signs for 5 years at GC the last couple will not be what he has produced with us.

And the reality that Rioli will only maintain from here or decline, We will have seen the best of him. If he signs for 5 years at GC the last couple will not be what he has produced with us.
Yea listen not too many are that great post 30 , look at lids cotch and dusty , Dan prob has 2 good years remaining , downhill after that

in their 3rd years, JUH wasn't that far off jack, who was behind michael roach medalist & premiership winning fwd mitch morton

View attachment 2109706
View attachment 2109705

the difference is that in the next year, the dogs gained a 38 goal tall fwd out of nowhere, whereas everyone from richmond went backwards except for jack

View attachment 2109707View attachment 2109708

so i'd say it's less JUH not being able to establish himself from the 3 talls players, and it's more the fact that the bulldogs have 3 talented KPFs to kick the ball to, the bont, & two 25+ goal kicking smalls. whereas richmond had jack and...?

if dogs didn't get kissed on the tip with sam darcy as a father son, there's every chance that JUH & naughton could've split 50 goals each this season, which would've been the same amount of goals that prime age (26yrs old) tom lynch kicked in the 2019 H/A season while jack was injured for half the year
Soft and doesn't have the swagger. For a number one pick and all the pay and picks to get him in a trade would never pay off.

Sam Darcy coming out of nowhere and over taking you despite being younger and taller (supposed to take longer to develop) is another mark against him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back