List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marchbank is a huge talent doesn’t get on the park much , if we’re looking for nunbers I’d throw him a jumper and hope he gets a good run at it
Goes to the football less often than a Hawthorn supporter in a down year. 40 years old. Been on a list for 27 years, played 8 games.

Soft and doesn't have the swagger. For a number one pick and all the pay and picks to get him in a trade would never pay off.

Sam Darcy coming out of nowhere and over taking you despite being younger and taller (supposed to take longer to develop) is another mark against him.
yeah i'm not even arguing that it wouldn't be way too much to pay for a player like him right now in our stage of rebuild. i could see the benefit if in 2-3 years we still couldn't draft a good kpf & there's a young gun tall available for us to trade for

i just thought the stats your used for your argument were misleading and didn't support it well. as there was vastly different conditions for both teams in their respective years, which obviously resulted in different outcomes for jack & JUH

would love to see how JUH/cadman/darcy would've gone in our fwd line this year, or hell, our 2010 fwd line!

also swagger is old news, it's all about aura and rizz these days

AFL website says net loss of free agents so I wonder if we could get band 1 if the two contracts are large enough. Make it happen tigers pick 2 here we come!!!
I think net loss refers to that if you lose a free agent and take a free agent, compensation is worked out on the difference. It's why most teams want trades in some situations like tarrants

I remember when alot of you campaigners didn't want Willie Rioli a few years ago...

I remember when alot of you campaigners didn't want Willie Rioli a few years ago...
and ruin our rebuild by potentially winning a couple of games????

also imagine a world where he did join and shai+rioli didn't want to get traded out anymore and we chill at 10-16th for a few years while tassie joins 😱

If all the draft picks suggested do end up coming our way and the chatter that North want to get another pick in this years first round what’s the appetite for trading pick 6 to North for their 2025 first pick?

You’d have to look at it surely
Yeah right, give them a leg up. NO BLOODY WAY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all the draft picks suggested do end up coming our way and the chatter that North want to get another pick in this years first round what’s the appetite for trading pick 6 to North for their 2025 first pick?

You’d have to look at it surely
I'd trade pick 9 for it, but not 6. I still see them as bottom 3 next year.

Newcombe as well. Good player but a level below Bont, Cripps, Petracca, etc.
One was a midseason draft pick. The ones you mentioned were first round picks. Newcombe was NOT the issue for Hawthorn tonight. He's a gun.

Jonathon Brown once spoke about the Key Forwards last year "On the Couch". One thing he said, which wasn't picked up on, is that "There are Forwards and then there are Forwards with Presence." You want the ones that have Presence. JUH just doesn't look to have that presence. A lot of the successful tall forwards have a bit of 'swagger', a bit of arrogance and fire. You need that. It is like an F1 driver that doesnt turn into a complete and utter douchebag when on the track; if they don't have that killer instinct, they aint ever winning a title.

JUH doesnt have that. Neither of Kings do either.

I don’t think he loves the game. I saw a comment on the dogs board about him not watching footage, which makes sense as his leading patterns aren’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this will be met with plenty of opposition, but I would not mind one iota offering Seb Ross a one-year contract.
We could do with his experience on and off the field next year.
It would cost nothing. A DFA and a modest contract.

IMO Seb Ross has been a crab for 3-years. We need to expose kids to the midfield, not washed up 30yo+ delistings from other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back