List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wade Derksen a chance?

Picked Mid Season Draft 2022 #5 by the Giants. Yet to play AFL

Played more in defence this year but I like him up forward. Behind Cadman, Hogan, Riccardi, Gruzewski & even Keefe

The GIANTS added athletic key forward Wade Derksen to their list in the 2022 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft. Plucked out of the WAFL by the GIANTS in the middle of the year on the back of an eye-catching 22-disposal, four-goal, seven-mark performance for the Peel Thunder, Derksen is a latecomer to the game after starting off playing rugby. Standing at 197cm, Derksen was previously part of Essendon’s VFL program before playing with Nightcliff in the Northern Territory. Derksen showed strong form for the GIANTS at VFL level in 2023, finishing as the side’s leading goalkicker for the season with 35 majors from 18 games. He was rewarded with a two-year contract extension which will see him in orange and charcoal until the end of 2025.

christmas night GIF by South Park
Cant believe the chatting on Davidson, which is draft related and nothing to do with the Trade & Free agency chat, led to this not being discussed in the next three pages.

I have seen a fair bit of the GWS VFL program, and this dude looks ripe for what we need. Versatility both back and forward but as posted above I see his impact as a Key forward is massive. Just need to ward off Demons and Pies.

Edit: is listed as 194cm on GWS website

35 goals from 18 VFL games in '23.

Played back in '24 for an average of 20 touches + 10 marks.

If he's coming at a cheap price (as he should) then I'd be interested.

Kosi not likely to ever be our main man, but I think he can play 3rd tall + ruck relief. Lefau out for at least half of 2025. Lynch I have no confidence of getting and staying fit.

35 goals from 18 VFL games in '23.

Played back in '24 for an average of 20 touches + 10 marks.

If he's coming at a cheap price (as he should) then I'd be interested.

Kosi not likely to ever be our main man, but I think he can play 3rd tall + ruck relief. Lefau out for at least half of 2025. Lynch I have no confidence of getting and staying fit.
if we are putting our faith in kosi something is deeply wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be less of a rort than teams getting top 2 picks for **** all.

How many mature agers go first round? Even second?
So should premiership players.
Should automatically be f/son qualification no matter how many games played.

1. FOS
2. Lalor
3. Ashcroft
4. Lombard
5. Jagga
6. Draper

That's the top 6. Then there's another group 7-20ish. You were talking about trading pick 1 for two picks in the 7-20 range, weren't you?
Twomey has them ranked:
1.Ashcroft
2.Langford
3.Smith
4.FOS
5.Reid
6.Lalor
7.Smillie
8.Draper

My point being there is no concensus and that it's a blanket draft in the first batch.

if we are putting our faith in kosi something is deeply wrong.
Agreed and he doesn't deserve that.

There's a role for him though.

Forward line IMO should be something like:
Bauer - Lynch - Kosi
Cumberland - Rioli - Smith

Lynch the main man, Bauer the slightly shorter bloke who can jump/mark, Kosi the ruck relief etc.

Twomey has them ranked:
1.Ashcroft
2.Langford
3.Smith
4.FOS
5.Reid
6.Lalor
7.Smillie
8.Draper

My point being there is no concensus and that it's a blanket draft in the first batch.
You and Twomey are both wrong.

Is this recent news or reported a couple of weeks ago?
Reported today apparently.

When trade radio starts you just get this crap for weeks, months, seems like years. Someone has a brain fart and uses it to fill the airwaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back