List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

According to a report on Codesport we're about to open up $2.2-2.4 million from just moving on Martin & Bolton. Add in the money we're saving from not paying Baker plus Graham & Rioli also moving on and we're going to have close to a quarter of the cap available to spend. You'd almost be willing to go to the likes of Fremantle Gold Coast & Suns and say we'll pay the salaries of Baker Bolton & Rioli to 'buy' their best picks.
Don’t forget Grimes retiring. As a former captain he’s not on peanuts and even Pickett retiring gives a bit more coin.

Don’t forget Grimes retiring. As a former captain he’s not on peanuts and even Pickett retiring gives a bit more coin.
Dusty $1.2 mil
Grimes - $600k
Bolton - $1.2 mil
Rioli - $700k
Baker - $600k
Graham - $450k
Pickett - $450k

$5.2 mil plus the cap increase should mean we have $8.5-$9 ,il cap space
some players will have got increases but others will be on lower like Prestia , McIntosh , Broad

Dusty $1.2 mil
Grimes - $600k
Bolton - $1.2 mil
Rioli - $700k
Baker - $600k
Graham - $450k
Pickett - $450k

$5.2 mil plus the cap increase should mean we have $8.5-$9 ,il cap space
some players will have got increases but others will be on lower like Prestia , McIntosh , Broad

I reckon Graham stays and there’s gonna be some salary dumps next year as we look to FA beyond that. And keep in mind, we keep talking players leaving, what are the chances we bring a couple in as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we will be struggling to fill the minimum cap requirements; think we will pay half of Rioli's salary and may even chip in with some of Bolton's if it helps us get better picks would not surprise me.

I think we will be struggling to fill the minimum cap requirements; think we will pay half of Rioli's salary and may even chip in with some of Bolton's if it helps us get better picks would not surprise me.

Any FA we can bring in then to make the min? No harm right?

Any FA we can bring in then to make the min? No harm right?
I think we will be bringing in a least 4 quality draftee's we will probably look to trade any picks we don't use into next years draft. mostly draft players are only paid 300k, I think there is a chance we are looking at players not getting a game at their club, think we have been linked to Hobbs & Tsatas from Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane winning actually might be a great thing for us.

Their pick now being 17 or 18 (which will be 21-24) after bids means that you won't have other clubs clamouring over it as much as what could've been. Don't get me wrong, they'll still want it but they won't be offering crazy bids like they would have had it been pick 12-15.

Brisbane are going to need more points than expected with such a late first round pick compounded by Marshall bolting up the rankings with his late season form.

No club will be better placed than us to get this pick and have the added advantage of threatening a bid for Ashcroft.

Finally, their first pick is much more valuable to us once we obtain it. We have so much capital to turn their 21-24 into something even better.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back