List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall is the prick you’re talking about and he’s a gun. I’d like us to put in an early bid for him. Only reason he’s not talked about is because he’s tied to the Lions. Marshall getting to the Lions as cheap change after Ashcroft is distressing. Would be happy to throw our hat in the ring for him at 18-25 but it would be dependent on what other kids were available.

He would be a good pick-up but we are probably better off leveraging the Ashcroft and Marshall bids for our gain.

I posted this earlier but we should be looking at getting their first this year and next year included in a trade with GC to give them enough points to match a bid on Ashcroft from pick 2. There would also be residual points that may or may not be enough for Marshall. In this scenario I had us getting picks 6, 12 and 17/18 as a result and GC getting their future first (as they will need points and the new rules mean you likely need first rounders to match top end bids).

Here’s one for our WA friends…. Maybe pick 10 has entered the conversation for Baker because pick 13 has already been offered.
1,6,9,10,13- sound good!! (don't really want to waste any picks to move to #2 or #3)
  • 3 x mids, there are plenty to choose from at least 10 !
  • 2 x KPP, there are at least 5 to pick from

With any picks in the 20s we can look at gaps/needs or trade for a couple of mature players, like Peatling from GWS.

Never understood why Clubs delist before trade, we got a 2nd rounder for Tambling after all... Club knows what we are doing, we just aren't telling anyone else until we have to
I really don't understand this weird obsession some people have, baying for blood about wanting immediate delistings. Who the hell cares? It's either going to happen or it doesn't, and it literally changes nothing in the big scheme of things whether it's the day after mad monday, or the end of October.

I really don't understand this weird obsession some people have, baying for blood about wanting immediate delistings. Who the hell cares? It's either going to happen or it doesn't, and it literally changes nothing in the big scheme of things whether it's the day after mad monday, or the end of October.
Yeah totally. Kamdyn’s a hero of our club, only 30 & could see him doing a year or 2 elsewhere if we pass, Cumberland started hot & still has lots of shots, Coulthard probably out but his role not an area of strength for us.

The Colina one is odd & surely we cut that cord, but no rush on anyone.

He would be a good pick-up but we are probably better off leveraging the Ashcroft and Marshall bids for our gain.

I posted this earlier but we should be looking at getting their first this year and next year included in a trade with GC to give them enough points to match a bid on Ashcroft from pick 2. There would also be residual points that may or may not be enough for Marshall. In this scenario I had us getting picks 6, 12 and 17/18 as a result and GC getting their future first (as they will need points and the new rules mean you likely need first rounders to match top end bids).
Yes you’re quite right. I was just informing poster that Marshall appears to be a good player and would not be upset if we bid on him , however, I expect Richmond to do exactly as you’ve advocated. As for the future(2025+) years, drafting will probably have 2 years of future trading and thus Brisbane, GC, Gws and Swans will still be able to trade for the points to pickup academy kids.

Richmond could offer trade bait letting the football world know that they are willing to give Geelong a low draft pick for De Konning of which the Western Bulldogs will demand it for Bailey Smith - at the moment Western Bulldogs do not believe that they are being adequately compensated

1,6,9,10,13- sound good!! (don't really want to waste any picks to move to #2 or #3)
  • 3 x mids, there are plenty to choose from at least 10 !
  • 2 x KPP, there are at least 5 to pick from

With any picks in the 20s we can look at gaps/needs or trade for a couple of mature players, like Peatling from GWS.

I’m honestly wanting 5 mids/mid fwds this draft.

Not everybody will be a gun so it will take a few drafts to get a premiership core midfield.

I’m gonna call it the lasagna approach. Each draft being a layer of mids that’ll settle into a fine base.

Trade in 2-3 KPP players later on to add the cheese.

I'm not sure if anyone else is following the trades board but just to keep you all posted it looks like most of the picks we have earmarked for Rioli have gone to other teams to suit their Houston, Lukosius trades and even Freo's 1st rounders have gone to other teams in pick swaps to get their trades over the line.

Oh, and don't bother with looking at North's pick 2 because some Port fans have even taken that pick in part of the Houston trade. LOL

Looks like we are going to be stuck with Rioli & Bolton. Probably only get a pick 40 for Graham. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone else is following the trades board but just to keep you all posted it looks like most of the picks we have earmarked for Rioli have gone to other teams to suit their Houston, Lukosius trades and even Freo's 1st rounders have gone to other teams in pick swaps to get their trades over the line.

Oh, and don't bother with looking at North's pick 2 because some Port fans have even taken that pick in part of the Houston trade. LOL

Looks like we are going to be stuck with Rioli & Bolton. Probably only get a pick 40 for Graham. :tearsofjoy:

Honestly if I was another club I’d only offer pick 40 for Graham. That’s a fair value, I think we hype him up a lot.

Well it’s confirmed Baker going to Fremantle for pick 27 because he is uncontracted and you can find many players like him in state leagues - Freo Board.
So they can keep their pick 27 and hopefully get Baker, or the many players like him in the state leagues, in the pre-season draft. Why even give us pick 27 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a bloke that I would happily delist end of 2nd round is pure gold.
Which in effect is a pick we wont use, but combine for points that will add to other picks for a move of a lower pick from Carlton or brisbane. So graham + those picks we got last year for moving back for a pretty good pick. Hopefully whoever we draft with that pick really works out

Here’s one for our WA friends…. Maybe pick 10 has entered the conversation for Baker because pick 13 has already been offered.
These delusional ******s out west seem to think that pick #13 for Baker will be only available if #21 goes back
so Baker for an 8 spot upgrade and giving away the highly prized 1st pick on day 2 (specially in this draft where there will be just as much talent at 21 as there is at pick 13.

Then the Purple party thinking 9 & 27 with something coming back and Richmond paying Boltons salary
FMD whats in the water out west

These threads are going to be gold after trades are done
im going to have to take 2 weeks off work

These delusional ******s out west seem to think that pick #13 for Baker will be only available if #21 goes back
so Baker for an 8 spot upgrade and giving away the highly prized 1st pick on day 2 (specially in this draft where there will be just as much talent at 21 as there is at pick 13.

Then the Purple party thinking 9 & 27 with something coming back and Richmond paying Boltons salary

you're employed!?

They just wanna win every trade like us!!
Baker for 13 is pretty fair, considering it will be pick 15/16 come draft night. Chuck in a future 3rd rounder to make it look like they won the trade.

Pick 9 + another 1st rounder is minimum for Bolton. We don’t have to trade him if the teams chasing won’t give up fair value.

They just wanna win every trade like us!!
Baker for 13 is pretty fair, considering it will be pick 15/16 come draft night. Chuck in a future 3rd rounder to make it look like they won the trade.

Pick 9 + another 1st rounder is minimum for Bolton. We don’t have to trade him if the teams chasing won’t give up fair value.
Pick 9 + 16 for Bolton is fair with no salary contribution
But if they want us to pay his salay they can go suck on uncle freddys left thumb

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back