List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get fair dinkum here. This is Shai Bolton. He never gets injured, is a nailed on top 20 AFL player in any sort of decent team, probably top 10, and is unique within the AFL in that he can cut the opposition up in 2 key areas of the ground, midfield and deep forward, and is also a gun transition player. He has come through a brilliant school at Tigerland so knows about playing team first. In the 2020 shortened GF he had 7 tackles, and 16 pressure acts, that is 9 & 20 in a full length game, and would also have been double figures contested possessions, from a player whose offensive work can just about make any opponent look foolish. He probably has par 7 years left at a really high level, but it could easily be 8, 9 or more, he has hardly ever had a finger layed on him. He has already PROVEN he can play in a very successful team and perform in finals.

2 x mid rd 1 picks is not enough for that player, especially given he is contracted for years. If dealing with Freo it needs to be 9, 10, 16(they will all slide 2+ places) or 9,10 27 + f2 or 9, 10 + f1 maybe with a pick around 30 back their way. If Eagles chime in it is picks 3, 23.
Totally agree.He's exactly the missing puzzle piece for a decent shot at a flag.

Being consistently good to deal with during the past decade has worked wonders for us. Our success was built on paying up for key players like Prestia and Caddy, while letting go of fringe players for minimal return. Strong relationships are crucial, and being tough negotiators like Dodoro or Bell gets you nowhere. Fortunately clubs now know this and if you come asking for players like Baker or Bolton, be prepared to pay up. Now, it's our turn to reap the benefits as sellers.

People undersell this big time, you are spot on

If Eagles are smart they pick McQualter, than it helps get the players in the trade period also young & can grow with a group. he has been part of a dynasty, Skipworth pedigree is not as good yes he was there at the Pies flag but he was at Essendon who terrible during that period.
Minis credentials a real standout if I was wc fan I’d be excited,

He’s not going over there to see their facilities (which I presume are awesome) to be talked out of it. I dunno, but would surprise me greatly if he stayed

With the news of Mini getting the job and Baker his good mate choosing West Coast and now he is flying to Perth, he is more chance picking West Coast, that's why he is flying over.

I love our club, but the Eagles facilities are first class, this isn't like a trip to Alberton.

Yeah, maybe all clubs like them do this with all top end players but heard fairly reliably, if hardly first hand, that Eagles have done a lot of work on Jagga, all year.
Unconvinced that pick 3 is an easy get, though obv hope we get it
Try 'almost impossible get'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

twomey is deluded he reckons 9 and 16 for botlon is enough

nowhere near enough in my book
Twomey the nerd thinks that every player in the top 20 will be a brownlow medalist.

9 & 10 or don't even take Freo's calls.

Just need Warner to extended with the Swans and the price for Bolton will rise even more.

im more a penthouse man
Big Boy GIF

Let's say we do Rioli and 21 for 6 and 12

Bolton and 29 for 9 and 16.

Baker and 9 for 3 and 23.

Leaves us with 1, 3, 6, 12, 16, 23

I could see us do:

1: FOS
3: Jagga (Providing North take Langford),
6: Lalor
12: Allan
16: Faull
23: Hynes/Dattoli/Shanahan/Whitlock

Let's say we do Rioli and 21 for 6 and 12

Bolton and 29 for 9 and 16.

Baker and 9 for 3 and 23.

Leaves us with 1, 3, 6, 12, 16, 23

I could see us do:

1: FOS
3: Jagga (Providing North take Langford),
6: Lalor
12: Allan
16: Faull
23: Hynes/Dattoli/Shanahan/Whitlock
Bolton and 29 for 9 & 16 is possibly the worst deal I've heard for a long time.

WC won't trade out pick 3

Riley Beveridge saying Graham to West Coast not done yet, could still sign with us

We are fighting hard to keep him due to not having many in that key 24-27 year age bracket and don't want to lose another leader at the club with Baker and Bolton also going.

We are fighting hard to keep him due to not having many in that key 24-27 year age bracket and don't want to lose another leader at the club with Baker and Bolton also going.

we are fighting hard for him to get an offer from West Coast that will qualify him as band 2 UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back