List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn’t diminish Bakers value only means we can’t go silly asking for pick 3 straight. Baker is a far superior player to Shultz. Pick 13 is about right.
Never said pick 13 wasn't fair. I don't believe he will get us more or equal to what Schulz got due to being uncontracted.

100% spot on! The thing is that it's completely realistic to say that Ashcroft is legitimately the number 1 prospect. The club needs to be ruthless in either scenario of: trading picks with them in a strong draft. Or making them pay top dollar for Ashcroft. It's not an Irving Mosquito scenario where they won't match and it blows up in our face and we end up with a Dud. All 17 clubs are our enemies and competition. The Bears just won a flag and with their history of getting injured players like Daniher, Ah Chee and McCarthy back on the park are now the no. 1 destination club in the comp.

Any chance to weaken them should be taken. After we bleed GC, WCE and Freo of their picks/ points we're basically the only game in town to deal with. In the "strongest draft in 20 years" we need to be ruthless in all our dealings. There's no reason we can't win out in every trade with Rioli, Baker, Bolton even Graham and especially with our pick swaps. Teams are desperate to get in on this draft, so we should only deal with desperate clubs willing to pay the inflated premiums. No more of these unbeneficial swaps where Max Holmes pick becomes the Tom Browne pick being practically identical but losing a year. A pick swap should only be done where the potential hugely favours us. Leon Cameron is Sam Darcy's godfather and even he bid on him to make Bulldogs pay the price.

We need to be ruthless these next few drafts before Tassie joins because it's gonna be an added 10 years of misery if we balls up the rebuild like a North Melbourne. We've got 3 years of pain but get it right and we should bounce back. Here's hoping Toce is at least competent
The other 16 team relying on the Tiges to plug a haemorrhage of junior talent straight into Bears. We are going to be popular throughout this draft.

richoatthedisco (great) phonecall post, looking pretty accurate.

The bit where he listed possible trades then in the same breath said he “hasn’t looked at players in this year’s draft yet” was a highlight.
Daniel Hanneberry is Cameron Hicks is tigs2010

Baker may be the better player, but he isn't contracted like Schulz was, therefore we can't expect to get the same or more for him. If we do the Matt Clarke is doing us a massive favour
Jesus ****ing Christ. I'm not saying we should expect to get the same or more. I'm saying we should expect less. One first-rounder is less than one first and one second.

Isn't it?

Yep…Lehman should have got more votes…what about starcevich, Neale, Zorko, Joe, Andrews
The whole side deserved votes.
That 2nd qtr reminded me of us at our best.

And how on earth does one judge not put Neale in best 3 x players on the ground ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably the same way 4 umpires didn't give Brent Daniels a vote for 29 disposals 13 tackles 7 clearances 3 goals against the Dockers or Bolton any votes for 19 disposals and 4 goals against the Saints

We want Bolton to nominate a team
Both WA teams have good picks and future picks
If he nominates them it puts pressure on them to get the deal done
You do not want players nominating you and not being able to get there! its a shocking example for future players who are considering your club
No we don’t. Bolton will go to whoever we nominate and that’s after we have auctioned him off to the highest bidder. If he nominated a club it would limit our ability to play of WC against Freo. Dutch auction forth coming.

No we don’t. Bolton will go to whoever we nominate and that’s after we have auctioned him off to the highest bidder. If he nominated a club it would limit our ability to play of WC against Freo. Dutch auction forth coming.
At some point gonna have to declare him on the market (when the first acceptable bid is received).
Hopefully that comes early, as neither side likely to put their best/ last offer in until they know we’re selling

Loving the melts from Eagles fans

The fear in the freo supporters posts are delicious and starting to hit home they may miss on $hai

The eagles supporters starting to realize that pick #13 is slipping away

The eagles supporters are terrified Matty Clarke will go all out and trade #3 for Baker and junk

LOVING THE FEAR

At some point gonna have to declare him on the market (when the first acceptable bid is received).
Hopefully that comes early, as neither side likely to put their best/ last offer in until they know we’re selling
Don’t have to declare him on the market. It’s give it your best shot Freo and WC. You know the closing date. We’ll keep him! Or pay up. Richmond is running this auction.

If you are not selling your house and someone walks up to your front door and wants to buy it, they are forced to offer overs. This is no different. You can comeback and make a statement like ‘but they are humans’, during trade week when they’re under contract they’re our asset. You’re trying to get him to break his contract, then pay the default. No leniency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we were willing to keep Graham because of the senior players we were going to lose.
Now it looks likely he will be at WCE.

Why would we not just keep Bolton who is a much better player? if we not getting a fair deal?

We are going to get pick 6 for Rioli & already have pick 1.
Bolton wants nothing to do with Yze

Don’t have to declare him on the market. It’s give it your best shot Freo and WC. You know the closing date. We’ll keep him! Or pay up. Richmond is running this auction.

If you are not selling your house and someone walks up to your front door and wants to buy it, they are forced to offer overs. This is no different. You can comeback and make a statement like ‘but they are humans’, during trade week when they’re under contract they’re our asset. You’re trying to get him to break his contract, then pay the default. No leniency.
Yeah but either way we’re gonna have to say at some point we’re selling to them unless you beat X. Sooner we get to that position the better

Had a quick glance on the Freo board. Wow scary. I'd say they are going to be very disappointed if they think we'd trade Bolton and 29 for 9 & 16.

Laughable when 9 & 16 alone won't get it done

What I find baffling is Bolton could/should help them to top 4 and possibly a flag next year, and these gimps won't be happy about it. I suppose when you have a loser mentality it's hard to shake.

Sounds like Freo's media spinners are trying to suggest Pickett is an option. Not a hope in hell Melbourne would trade him this year. Who are Freo kidding.

Had a quick glance on the Freo board. Wow scary. I'd say they are going to be very disappointed if they think we'd trade Bolton and 29 for 9 & 16.

Laughable when 9 & 16 alone won't get it done

What I find baffling is Bolton could/should help them to top 4 and possibly a flag next year, and these gimps won't be happy about it. I suppose when you have a loser mentality it's hard to shake.

Sounds like Freo's media spinners are trying to suggest Pickett is an option. Not a hope in hell Melbourne would trade him this year. Who are Freo kidding.
The outrage from Freo and also WC on our players choosing them and the potential cost, is exactly what so many on our board did when Prestia nominated us and we paid pick 6.

Bolton wants nothing to do with Yze
Think it’s more likely Bolton wants nothing to do with us being bad (though being open to WC kinda goes against that), in what should be his peak years.
Turning Vickery into 8 years of Shai & 2/3 firsts is good business, regardless

Last edited:
All of this is good fun but as I have said before we are making a big play for Harley so the bulk of these picks could be going to WCE.

Would anyone begrudge #6 plus the next pick say #14 and Baker for Harley ? I would do it.
Everyone would do that except WC

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back