List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
People need to get pick #13 out of their heads as its not going to happen
GC needs 1st round picks next year for 4 academy kids that all are looking like 1st rounders this year and they are the priority for them long term.

Rioli is for now and they are happy to pay full value #6 and in this draft it certainly is full value for a contracted Daniel Rioli
The only thing we may get extra would be #20 or #26 with a later pick going back

Ill take that

GC needs 1st round picks next year for 4 academy kids that all are looking like 1st rounders this year and they are the priority for them long term.

Rioli is for now and they are happy to pay full value #6 and in this draft it certainly is full value for a contracted Daniel Rioli
The only thing we may get extra would be #20 or #26 with a later pick going back

Ill take that

I mean it could happen. Their pick 29 and our pick 32 go to Brisbane for their future first, that future first goes to GC and we get pick 6 + 13 for Rioli.

Brisbane have academy kid next year thats rated top 3-10
they wont do that

They have no choice unless there is a player they are trading out that we don’t know about, or they’re happy to lose Ashcroft and/or Marshall.

They will need between 2000-3000 points to match bids on Ashcroft and Marshall. They are not going to get those points with pick 20. If they go into deficit they will lose that future first, and even then they may not have enough points.

They will have to trade both their first and future first to get enough points, and then next year trade their 2026 first to get points for the academy kid you mentioned (or trade out a good player or two).

They have no choice unless there is a player they are trading out that we don’t know about, or they’re happy to lose Ashcroft and/or Marshall.

They will need between 2000-3000 points to match bids on Ashcroft and Marshall. They are not going to get those points with pick 20. If they go into deficit they will lose that future first, and even then they may not have enough points.

They will have to trade both their first and future first to get enough points, and then next year trade their 2026 first to get points for the academy kid you mentioned (or trade out a good player or two).
We shall see

But i seriously hope we have Marshall in our sights and bid on him before #20

We shall see

But i seriously hope we have Marshall in our sights and bid on him before #20

If we want Marshall all we need to do is bid on Ashcroft at pick 1. They will end up needing over 3000 points if we bid on Marshall before 20 as well. The only way I see them getting that many points is trading out 20, F1 and still being allowed to go into deficit for 2025 up to 1167. I’m not sure on the rules but knowing the AFL they will still allow a huge deficit even if you don’t have a future first.

If we want Marshall all we need to do is bid on Ashcroft at pick 1. They will end up needing over 3000 points if we bid on Marshall before 20 as well. The only way I see them getting that many points is trading out 20, F1 and still being allowed to go into deficit for 2025 up to 1167. I’m not sure on the rules but knowing the AFL they will still allow a huge deficit even if you don’t have a future first.
Thats correct thats why i would be aiming to do
They will go into deficit no matter what they do as their pick 20 will not generate enough for both players and may just allow Marshall to go. and if we get #14 for Baker i would happily take Marshall with that pick

Brisbane have academy kid next year thats rated top 3-10
they wont do that
As they're taking first round picks for these kids they can simply continue to trade out the following years R1 pick for picks in the current draft. I've mentioned a couple of times that it's possibly don't trade their R1 pick this year and instead offer up their 2025 pick to get the points they need this year

GC are trying to get more first rounders for next year. They aren’t trading out of it.

But yes, we should look at doing a deal for another first rounder for next year.
Target the Lions 2025 R1 pick instead of this year. Very hard to go back to back so the pick could be better than this years.

Target the Lions 2025 R1 pick instead of this year. Very hard to go back to back so the pick could be better than this years.

And same with Gold Coast, if they're getting future 1st for academy picks next year, we should be aiming for future 2nds and 3rds to be in the box position to trade up with them next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill take that

We need to stick firm with what we see as a fair exchange…not simply accommodate GC because they need to do things with #13

If they desperately want DR They need to cough up

This could be #6#6lus #1#13r #6#6plus GC player ( and possibly later picks)

Just want our club to stand firm and get the best deal

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back