List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
STOP LISTENING TO CORNES

Switch off when he is on. If he gets no ratings then he will be pushed aside. He knows people will tune in and react, no more than Richmond fans. So he keeps doing this shit.

He despises us, so what? Who the **** is he? A washed up shit footballer and couldn’t hack a career as a fireman so now has to be an American shock jock. What a life.

Just tune off when he comes on. Hutchy will then get the message. **** me.

Last thing I will say about this flog, whatever he says has absolutely no influence or impact on anything. He just there for the clicks. No one of authority gives his opinion the light of day.
His importance only sits with himself.

Absolutely loving listening to Cornes on trade radio today losing his mind and panicking about the Tiger draft haul.

He’s saying Rioli is worth a late teens pick, and Freo should explore keeping their 2 x high end picks and get Owies instead of Shai Bolton and focus on Warner next year.

He can’t say enough what a superstar gun Houston is, and how Rioli is a ‘nice’ player only.

He doesn’t seem to understand GC don’t care about taking pick-6 to the draft as they need to get rid of it anyway. They don’t care about getting more picks. They will get Lombard this year and have more academy kids next year, so all they care about is attracting established elite talent and accumulating draft points.

So they got 4 x top-20 academy picks last year. They get Rioli, Noble and Lombard this year. They get 2-3 more top-20 quality academy kids next year. Anyone on trade radio and a supposed ‘expert’ in this space should understand why pick-6 to GC is a completely different proposition to other teams without academy picks.

Sure, they could try to split pick-6 for later picks and then offer Richmond a mid-teens pick. And we say “sorry, we will keep him”. Then the later picks they swapped for get eaten up in points matching this year and next anyway.

So they end up with Lombard, Noble and the same academy selections next year anyway plus some other draftee in the 20’s, and don’t have Dan Rioli.

The ignorance is extraordinary… and the panic from opposition is real… very real.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Taranto and Hopper are both capable of all Australian level footy
As a starting 1 - 2 punch they are very good assuming we have a good run with injury

I'm not sure how you watch hopper play since he's come here and say this. He is a liability defensively and offensively. Opposition mids having been having career best games on us for a reason. He is a huge reason for that. He last played his best footy about 4 years ago now. Putrid since then.

Taranto is a good player but better suited to being a teams second or third best mid with a couple of classier players and ball users in front of him.

Can't picks be traded after trade period? I'm pretty sure they changed the rules a few years back that allows clubs to swap picks after the trade period, but those trades can only be made up of picks (ie. no players)
Looks like picks can be traded right up to and including the ND

If 6 is on the table already, we'll get something else thrown in for sure by deadline.
I believe they have shopped a few players as steak knives and we aren’t keen. It was reported somewhere a week or 2 ago they were open to trading fiorini. He’s a solid citizen but too one paced for mine, would just be similar to what we had in Graham.

I doubt it. Dimma wants Dan and what dimma wants he gets. GC will fold next week and hand over either A) 6&23 or B) We could hand over Rioli and a future 2nd for 6&13. Pick 6 on its own will not cut it.
you are drifting more and more further out with the second pick next will be pick 40 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Bell on TR:
PB-Shai hasn't nominated Freo.
PB:-Shai's contracted.Gone in with strong offer.Offer is strong in strong draft.
Went on about Wagner & Brayshaw.
Nothing much else.
the guy on TR said Shai wants to go to Freo after Baker picked West Coast.

absolute BS, Shai would like to go to WA in time but is happy to stay. They love to create a BS narrative to suit their propaganda

You are all deluded , the Graham pick was the precursor to one pick for Rioli and one late pick for Bolton and a throw away pick for Baker, if you think we as a club will stand up for more you are mistaken we will toe the line like we have for the past three years

the guy on TR said Shai wants to go to Freo after Baker picked West Coast.

absolute BS, Shai would like to go to WA in time but is happy to stay. They love to create a BS narrative to suit their propaganda
He didn't say that at all.

Absolutely loving listening to Cornes on trade radio today losing his mind and panicking about the Tiger draft haul.

He’s saying Rioli is worth a late teens pick, and Freo should explore keeping their 2 x high end picks and get Owies instead of Shai Bolton and focus on Warner next year.

He can’t say enough what a superstar gun Houston is, and how Rioli is a ‘nice’ player only.

He doesn’t seem to understand GC don’t care about taking pick-6 to the draft as they need to get rid of it anyway. They don’t care about getting more picks. They will get Lombard this year and have more academy kids next year, so all they care about is attracting established elite talent and accumulating draft points.

So they got 4 x top-20 academy picks last year. They get Rioli, Noble and Lombard this year. They get 2-3 more top-20 quality academy kids next year. Anyone on trade radio and a supposed ‘expert’ in this space should understand why pick-6 to GC is a completely different proposition to other teams without academy picks.

Sure, they could try to split pick-6 for later picks and then offer Richmond a mid-teens pick. And we say “sorry, we will keep him”. Then the later picks they swapped for get eaten up in points matching this year and next anyway.

So they end up with Lombard, Noble and the same academy selections next year anyway plus some other draftee in the 20’s, and don’t have Dan Rioli.

The ignorance is extraordinary… and the panic from opposition is real… very real.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cornes only value to media is his clickbait… he’s basically just a massive loudmouth troll. Stop paying attention to him and at some point he won’t provide any more value and the industry will move on

Cornes only value to media is his clickbait… he’s basically just a massive loudmouth troll. Stop paying attention to him and at some point he won’t provide any more value and the industry will move on

We are his biggest client. Stop the tap. His well will dry.

I'm not sure how you watch hopper play since he's come here and say this. He is a liability defensively and offensively. Opposition mids having been having career best games on us for a reason. He is a huge reason for that. He last played his best footy about 4 years ago now. Putrid since then.

Taranto is a good player but better suited to being a teams second or third best mid with a couple of classier players and ball users in front of him.
We just have to hope that hopper can get thru the pre season injury free and really hit the season running. Initially I was far more excited by what hopper could do for us than Taranto, as a 22-23 year old he had that real initial explosion from the contest, he also lifted when games were on the line for the giants. It just always feels like he’s playing hurt which may just be a lack of confidence in his body. Agree with your summary of Taranto, ideally Taranto we would have been hoping to see him more inside forward 50 the past couple of seasons but circumstances have prevented that. His forward craft is a bit underrated in my opinion and although an awkward kick his finishing in front of goal is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back