Archer Reid 203cm forward
Harvey Johnston 185cm midfielder/forward
Coby Burgiel 185cm defender
Ryan Maric 196cm forward
Noah Long 179cm forward
Campbell Chesser 185cm midfielder
Jai Culley 194cm midfielder
Jack Petruccelle 188cm forward

The ones in italics I'd be happy to ask a question about in addition to the picks

Sam Sturt is handy, wouldn't be against him coming into a deal as steak knives.

Just at work so can't paste the whole herald Sun article but here is a snippet

"it says in the article that Bolton has been made aware that he will have to stay put if Richmond would not be able to secure a good deal".
Beautifully played by Blair

this literally says he has asked for a trade.... same news just a bullshit spin from Morris as always to make him look better

It doesn't though? I mean, it's all semantics at the end of the day, but this isn't Shai saying "I want to be in WA next season", its Shai saying "if a WA club offers enough in a trade that satisfies the club, I'm happy to go. If they don't, I'm happy to stay".

Twomey thinks 9 and 17..no ******* way.

He is worth 2 early firsts.. None of this borderline first round pick rubbish.
9 and 10-12 or find an upgrade somewhere else. He's the best player on our list. We need to play it hard
For a so called expert Twomey is very naive. He's worth way more than that when contracted.

I suppose Twomey does rub one out each night thinking about all the stars in the draft. Half of which turn out to be complete busts and spuds.

We'll just play Poker with Freo. This is what we want.... Freo go no this is all we can give... so we hold and hold and wait for them to fold. If they don't fold then he stays. He's entertaining to watch. It's a win/win.

Same with Gold Coast for Dan. I'd be hitting up GC for their first 2 picks and a future first providing we give them a large chunk of salary cap relief and late picks for their academy kids.
I think they'll come around before Freo does as Dimma will demand it and he wants guns now and not draft picks. They get them from their academy anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a so called expert Twomey is very naive. He's worth way more than that when contracted.

I suppose Twomey does rub one out each night thinking about all the stars in the draft. Half of which turn out to be complete busts and spuds.

We'll just play Poker with Freo. This is what we want.... Freo go no this is all we can give... so we hold and hold and wait for them to fold. If they don't fold then he stays. He's entertaining to watch. It's a win/win.

Same with Gold Coast for Dan. I'd be hitting up GC for their first 2 picks and a future first providing we give them a large chunk of salary cap relief and late picks for their academy kids.
I think they'll come around before Freo does as Dimma will demand it and he wants guns now and not draft picks. They get them from their academy anyway.

tbf to Twomey, he would come at this from a more neutral POV where he wouldn't necessarily understand the importance of someone lie Rioli to the club, the same way an opposition fan would look atthe trade that even Twomey has suggested and say that it's an overpayment.

Fundamentally, these people don't pay enough attention to the importance of these players to clubs, so would naturally suggest a trade that may be overs because Rioli is a good player and has 3 years left on a contract, but won't factor in the importance of that player the same way fans or the club would.

tbf to Twomey, he would come at this from a more neutral POV where he wouldn't necessarily understand the importance of someone lie Rioli to the club, the same way an opposition fan would look atthe trade that even Twomey has suggested and say that it's an overpayment.

Fundamentally, these people don't pay enough attention to the importance of these players to clubs, so would naturally suggest a trade that may be overs because Rioli is a good player and has 3 years left on a contract, but won't factor in the importance of that player the same way fans or the club would.
Cal needs to understand it's like someone knocking on your front door and asking to buy your house at market value. No way are 99% of people going to say OK.
Complete madness and just like the home buyer potential suitors would have to make an offer too good to refuse.
Twomey just thinks we'll get 2 Serongs, Cripps or Bonts with two top 20 picks. History shows that the draft is a lottery.

I think we'll want more than 9 and 17 though, would freo tade pick 9 and a future 1st?
Dunno how it will work, but, the player is gone/wants out. I will flip out if we let him go for under. We need to go full Dodoro on these players leaving.

Full Norf is a disaster. The kids get smashed every week and after a few years a loser culture develops that is near impossible to exit from. The kids never reach their potential unless they are traded out and finals become an impossible dream.

Its why we are trying to keep Graham and likely to trade only one of Rioli or Bolton. Retaining a core of senior and experienced players is vital.

Breust, Gunston, Siciliy, Impey, Amon and Worpel are that senior group for the Hawks.

I reckon Grimes will also stay if his back comes good over the next month or so.

The difference with North is when they brought in players they brought in absolute spuds and paid them overs to land. Plus we are a different prospect come free agency being a big club.

Failed players like Fisher, Stephens and Stephenson ect.

Draft hard and then back yourself to land free agents with piles of money and Tiger factor.

Cal needs to understand it's like someone knocking on your front door and asking to buy your house at market value. No way are 99% of people going to say OK.

It sounds like Twomey is going off the assumption that Rioli wants to leave and Richmond is following their history of being good to deal with. Like I said, what Twomey has already suggested would sound like overs to an opposition supporter, so not sure your metaphor is the most apt.

Twomey just thinks we'll get 2 Serongs, Cripps or Bonts with two top 20 picks. History shows that the draft is a lottery.

Isn't this what most Richmond supporters are thinking anyways with what we potentially could get in a trade sense and by "blowing up" the list?

The difference with North is when they brought in players they brought in absolute spuds and paid them overs to land. Plus we are a different prospect come free agency being a big club.

Draft hard and then back yourself to land free agents with piles of money and Tiger factor.
You forgot to mention two of the best trades

Polec and Pittard for pick 11 in 2018

Can't argue with the spud thing, the ladder doesn't lie.

Norf also brought in gun Sheezel and Wardlaw who is highly rated in some circles. Tristan Eckserri is an AA shout in his first full season as top ruck.

We're not as big a club as it seems. We're included in the 'Big 4' when people are slagging off the urban Melbourne teams and #VICBIAS, but there's a 'Big 3' otherwise.

If Richmond was a desirable club to play for, the likes of Bolton Baker Rioli would want to stay.

9 & 10 from Freo minimum. I’d actually want a little more given he signed a long term deal 12 months ago. The “family” reasons can also get in the bin.
Very foolish returning home for family reasons. I try thought the reason he stayed was to avoid all the hangers-on

Can't argue with the spud thing, the ladder doesn't lie.

Norf also brought in gun Sheezel and Wardlaw who is highly rated in some circles. Tristan Eckserri is an AA shout in his first full season as top ruck.

We're not as big a club as it seems. We're included in the 'Big 4' when people are slagging off the urban Melbourne teams and #VICBIAS, but there's a 'Big 3' otherwise.

If Richmond was a desirable club to play for, the likes of Bolton Baker Rioli would want to stay.
Joined Aug 6
Says it all.
G'day Snake.

Victorian born Dockers that could be available:
Ollie Murphy 200cm defender
Cooper Simpson 182cm midfield/forward
Max Knobel 206cm ruck
Ethan Stanley 188cm midfielder

Liam Reidy 204cm ruck
Sam Sturt 190cm forward

Victorian born Eagles that could be available:
Archer Reid 203cm forward
Harvey Johnston 185cm midfielder/forward
Coby Burgiel 185cm defender
Ryan Maric 196cm forward
Noah Long 179cm forward
Campbell Chesser 185cm midfielder
Jai Culley 194cm midfielder
Jack Petruccelle 188cm forward

The ones in italics I'd be happy to ask a question about in addition to the picks

Cheeser is a shite truck and one of Fat Eds son's best mates. Steer well clear as he'll leak like a sieve. How you reckon Xander Pander got the original tip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back