Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, but I feel as though Richmond would prefer to get just pick 5 instead of 13 plus something

Don't kill me, but I just don't think that a 28yr old HB flanker is going to get you that value. I see Richmond striking whilst the iron is hot, regardless of whether he's contracted. Having said that, GC have handed over ridiculous picks not in their favour before, so anything is possible.

Don't kill me, but I just don't think that a 28yr old HB flanker is going to get you that value. I see Richmond striking whilst the iron is hot, regardless of whether he's contracted. Having said that, GC have handed over ridiculous picks not in their favour before, so anything is possible.
We are hoping they are desperate and we have his current contract to either contribute to or use as leverage in retaining him.

Why resign a player to play vfl he is barely afl now sick of watching killing our momentum every game he plays
Because we cant gut our list and culture by 50% in 1 season.
Imagine if we have another season like we did this year with injuries?

We cant go full Norf

Not a great start to the rebuild by not letting Pickett play a few more games next year so we can get access to f/s picks.

Whoever made that moronic decision needs to get fired.
Actually whoever made the call needs a promotion. Hugo has gone so far past him it's not funny. The rebuild is clearly on.

We are gonna have a huge player exodus now with the already retired now trades so we might end up using quite alot of our draft capital to fill the gaps but please Richmond football club do not
And I mean do not resign Macintosh
Needs to be retained for culture and depth.

Actually whoever made the call needs a promotion. Hugo has gone so far past him it's not funny. The rebuild is clearly on.
Yeah throw in Banks as well who will only continue to improve

It’s about looking forward now

It’s being reported on and speculated on by guys like cal twomey, so I think it’s a very good chance at happening

Yeah throw in Banks as well who will only continue to improve

It’s about looking forward now
I still havent come to terms with returning to shit levels of footy once more :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still havent come to terms with returning to shit levels of footy once more :(
Yeah it’s definitely a mindset change and not one that I have been able to nail down consistently this year

Rocking up to the footy with a little bit of a head wobble knowing chances are we are going to win and belting out the song on the regular just hits different!

Gotta train ourselves to lower the expectations now and look for the little wins, be it individual plays or strong qtrs of footy

Hopefully we can start putting the puzzle together sooner rather than later

He’s 27. Doesn’t turn 28 until after next season commences. He should win our BnF and he should be in the AA squad (but probably won’t be because of our record).

He also has 3 years left on his contract so we need a better than value offer. I’d also imagine we would be willing to pay close to half his salary if compensated.

There are a lot of factors at play regarding this trade and other trades for both clubs.

I’m not really up to date with GC’s potential list changes but I think they will probably want to keep 5 so they can get a quality player before the Lombard bid. I think it is more likely we’ll get a combination of picks 13, 20, 27, 34 or their future first, possibly trading back later picks to help with their points this year and/or next year.

An alternative might involve us obtaining pick 5 but agreeing to live trading other picks before/after Lombards bid in the event a player is on the board that GC want.

For example, we might trade GC pick 9/10 for 13 and 27 once we’ve arrived at those picks without a Lombard bid.

Too many potential scenarios with all our picks, other trades and GC’s picks.

Returning to shit or on our way to greatness? It’ll be fun watching the growth & development of the next generation, sure it will take time, I don’t see it getting any worse than 2024… on & up?!

Understand what ur saying though, it’s a time to celebrate what was(mourn it) and anticipate what could be?

Last edited:
Dont care how it can be done but the ultra focus should be pulling out all stops to get Pick 3 from West Coast and pick 5 from Suns. To achieve would mean focus on getting Freos Pick 9 and 17 (17 to make it happen easier) for Bolton and then I would give up Baker and pick 9 for WC pick 3. Rioli deal needs to focus on pick 5 minimum and getting back whatever later first round pick/early second to make it happen (later first as part of package would be best but even pick 25 would do).

Having picks 1,3 & 5, sets us up mega big time. Get Brissie pick 14, have 17 from Freo, then look to live trade out one or two picks in 20s for future 1st rounders, maybe we get lucky with Graham and get 22, so keep one of the 20s picks to draft but let go the others for future draft capital.

next year we are then involved hardcore to get in picks for salary cap space, I can see 2nd rounders being the norm in this type of transaction. 1st rounders to lucrative, maybe except legit premiership window

Returning to shit or on our way to greatness? It’ll be fun watching the growth & development of the next generation, sure it will take time, I don’t see it getting any worse than 2024… on & up?!

Understand what ur saying though, it’s a time to celebrate what was(mourn it) and anticipate what could be?

Great way of looking at, I will get there eventually ;)

Given the retirements, we have quite a few list spots open. Is it 4 already? Graham will bring one pick in, but I think bolton and rioli we need two picks. That just means we cover a retiree with an early pick rather than a very late one. I think they have said top 20 is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back