Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if we can get in on helping the cats get Bailey Smith.

Surely their first and second isn’t going to satisfy the doggies. Would trade one of our firsts (maybe the Brisbane pick) for Geelongs first and third next year.

They could then offer maybe 15 & 17 for Smith.
Did the exact scenario with a mock draft I'm working on..

I think Freo will offer the Collingwood pick. the Port pick and our future first for Bolton and Baker. Im pretty sure we have to use our first this year under the afl rules as we've traded our first two seasons in a row. Im asking respectfully. Do you think that offer will be enough? Recruiters seem to think there's a ton of talent picks 10-25 this draft.

So 10, 17 and a future first
Basically valuing Bolton at 10 and future first and Baker at 17.

We'd say no to that I reckon.

My view is either:
1/ 9,10 and 17
2/ 9, 17 & future 1st

A lot of posters here would still not take that and probably want 9,10, future 1st and something else a bit later.

Many don't think 9,10 is enough for Bolton and presumably your future 1st will be 12-15 range which is about right for Baker.

After all the bids you'd expect 9,10,17 to be something like 11,12 and 21

Good result for Richmond.

We already have Freo's 2nd rounder and we'll get the rest if Bolton goes there.

Pick 9 and 10 in our hands at a minimum or Bolton stays.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
theyll prob just take their firsts to the draft

If we draft 2 or even 3 top 20 mids then where is Graham playing?

Graham can go if he wants to as is his right as a UFA - would be fine with keeping him but he's someone we can afford to let go.

Baker likewise - if we are getting a pick around 12-16 for him then I think that's fair value if he wants out. He has struggled this year which could be weight of the decision. Will miss him though he's been a heart & soul type for a long time and loved by all of us.

Bolton - I just can't see Freo or WCE giving us what we would expect so can see him staying and that's why I think the narrative from his management is he is open to moving but will stay if a deal can't be done.

Rioli - heart says to keep him - currently our best player and is key to our culture and club fabric. Head says we should move him on as it gets us back into the top 10 to either get a KPF like Armstrong or look to move up further to try and get the alternative of FOS/Jagga whoever isn't at pick 1
You’re living in la la land. Rioli and Bolton deals will be done. Bakes I’d love to keep but reckon he’ll go as well. Those 3 players will get us 4-5 first rd picks. Graham I’d like to keep for experience, we play a team full of kids we’ll get smashed every single week which isn’t great for development as north knows too well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re living in la la land. Rioli and Bolton deals will be done. Bakes I’d love to keep but reckon he’ll go as well. Those 3 players will get us 4-5 first rd picks. Graham I’d like to keep for experience, we play a team full of kids we’ll get smashed every single week which isn’t great for development as north knows too well.
We have upped our offer to keep Graham. Maybe that is to force West Coast to improve their offer and trigger band 3 compensation (pick 22).

So 10, 17 and a future first
Basically valuing Bolton at 10 and future first and Baker at 17.

We'd say no to that I reckon.

My view is either:
1/ 9,10 and 17
2/ 9, 17 & future 1st

A lot of posters here would still not take that and probably want 9,10, future 1st and something else a bit later.

Many don't think 9,10 is enough for Bolton and presumably your future 1st will be 12-15 range which is about right for Baker.

After all the bids you'd expect 9,10,17 to be something like 11,12 and 21
Im fairly certain we cant trade our own first this year as we traded it the last two seasons and I tink the afl doesnt allow you to trade your first 3 years in a row. For what its worth Ive followed mocks draft a long time and the talent pool in the top 30 is projected to be as god as any ina long time.

Im fairly certain we cant trade our own first this year as we traded it the last two seasons and I tink the afl doesnt allow you to trade your first 3 years in a row. For what its worth Ive followed mocks draft a long time and the talent pool in the top 30 is projected to be as god as any ina long time.
As long as you have a first rounder that counts. Doesn’t need to be a specific pick tied to your finishing position. The Port pick would meet that AFL requirement

You just need to take a first round pick every 3 years, it doesn’t have to be your own.

If the bolded wasn't true Richmond would not have any interest in trading contracted players. And they will only trade those players if they think the draft picks are worth more than the players.

I think you can trade your 1st rounder in the 2024 draft but you have to take a rd 1 pick in the draft.

The rule is two first round picks in 4 years, and you took two in 2021, so you're fine to trade all of them if you want.

He’s a ****ing jet and we need someone who gets in oppo faces.
A jet? Ahhh have you seen the shirking of contests he’s performed quite a few times?

He’s a good player no doubt, but he ain’t a jet
And surely he has to be as physical at the contest as they come if he’s gonna get up in oppo’s faces
He aint that

If the bolded wasn't true Richmond would not have any interest in trading contracted players. And they will only trade those players if they think the draft picks are worth more than the players.

I think you can trade your 1st rounder in the 2024 draft but you have to take a rd 1 pick in the draft.
They'd also get an exemption for trading for a young gun in Jackson too.

A jet? Ahhh have you seen the shirking of contests he’s performed quite a few times?

He’s a good player no doubt, but he ain’t a jet
And surely he has to be as physical at the contest as they come if he’s gonna get up in oppo’s faces
He aint that

Not every players strengths are physicality but he has class around goals and forward craft. We have 0 of that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back