Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing we will see some list changes by the end of this week?
my guess is that Baker, Rioli & Graham will all announce they are out.
Bolton will wait until trade week
i think we will resign Prestia, Kmac, Steely & Tresize this week as well
Kmac a big no if they do they have rocks in their head

Clubs have come for Lynch the last two years. Lynch has made it very clear he wants to retire at Richmond. Zero chance he moves.
Genuine question, was this before or after his injury was miss managed?

the management of his injury sounds like the catalyst (a few players haven't been happy with how they were managed with injuries from what I have heard), however if we address that part of the club I tend to agree with you.

if we don't, well anything is possible.

Genuine question, was this before or after his injury was miss managed?

the management of his injury sounds like the catalyst (a few players haven't been happy with how they were managed with injuries from what I have heard), however if we address that part of the club I tend to agree with you.

if we don't, well anything is possible.
Just kick Louie out. Far easier than trading 10 unhappy campaigners.

Slobbo on the Turps.

3. MUCH OF A MUCHNESS

Jake Stringer has kicked 42.25 from 23 games this year and Mick Malthouse believes the Bombers should flick him. Too inconsistent, Malthouse said. Shai Bolton has kicked 34.26 this year from 22 games and if he officially asks for a trade to Fremantle, Richmond will ask for two first-rounders. It’s out of whack for two players who play forward-mid. Bolton is a better player than Stringer, and certainly has a better highlight reel, but he also lacks consistency and impact. Two first-rounders for him are way overs and Fremantle point blank should baulk at that asking price. Bolton is no Jeremy Cameron. To get him, the Cats sent a first rounder, two future first round picks and a future fourth rounder to the Giants. Coming back, they got Cameron and two future second round selections. Bolton is 25 and contracted until the end of 2028, so Richmond apparently holds the cards. But do they really? Every man and his dog says the Tigers need to purge and rebuild, so granting Bolton’s wishes would be wise. But not sure the Dockers giving away the farm for Bolton is equally as wise. A first and second rounder should be the max offer – take it or leave it. If the Tigers baulk, no worries, keep him, and good luck with the rebuild. Bolton is simply not worth two first-rounders.

Oppo fans and Tiger hating journos are dreading the thought of us getting half a dozen top-20 picks and are doing whatever they can to talk down the trade value of our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exit interviews taking place tomorrow and Wednesday I believe. We should know more then.

Maybe some Mad Monday drunk stuff may reveal something but doubtful.
Imagine rocking up hungover as a campaigner, only to be told, yeah we have half our list asking for a trade, but we gon delist you anyway. Thats how I imagine tiger_tough would feel threatening to belt someone. Sad panda

Rubbish article. Collingwood have nothing of interest for us and we aren't trading even an injury prone Lynch for pick 30 something.
Melbourne could but they wouldn't have the salary cap space.

This is where we have to be bold and use our smarts. We are paying Lynch $1.5m in 2025. Why not trade him to Demons or Pies and pay his entire salary? They can then add $400k and make it a 2-year deal.

We ask for a F2 and F3 in return, and Demons and Pies, who’d both be hoping they have one more bullet in the gun, get Lynch for 2-years for basically free. The F2 and F3 will be gold in 2025 in point swaps as fourth round picks can’t be used for points.

I don’t think any club is giving a first rounder for Lynch, even if he’s almost free. If he injures himself again, which is highly likely, they’d burn their club down.

Exit interviews taking place tomorrow and Wednesday I believe. We should know more then.

Maybe some Mad Monday drunk stuff may reveal something but doubtful.
Could see Bolton rocking up in a Freo jumper. :D

This is where we have to be bold and use our smarts. We are paying Lynch $1.5m in 2025. Why not trade him to Demons or Pies and pay his entire salary? They can then add $400k and make it a 2-year deal.

We ask for a F2 and F3 in return, and Demons and Pies, who’d both be hoping they have one more bullet in the gun, get Lynch for 2-years for basically free. The F2 and F3 will be gold in 2025 in point swaps as fourth round picks can’t be used for points.

I don’t think any club is giving a first rounder for Lynch, even if he’s almost free. If he injures himself again, which is highly likely, they’d burn their club down.

It's not the first rounder for me but Collingwood's pick in the 30's no thanks. He isn't worth 1st rounder but he is worth more than a late 2nd rounder so your proposal would make sense.

Oppo fans and Tiger hating journos are dreading the thought of us getting half a dozen top-20 picks and are doing whatever they can to talk down the trade value of our players.

And as if Shai Bolton's trade value would be set based on what he has done in 2024 in a wooden spoon team with a totally misfiring forward line and nothing else. He is 25 and was the 19th highest rated player in the AFL in 2023, and the 17th highest in 2022, so fringe top 1 player for an average team. But his ratings aren't derived from being fed the ball at all costs like some who rated above him. Most of his playing time has been spent standing ahead of the ball, or in centre bounces. So he is in the areas where it is hardest to get the ball but easiest to have the most impact when you do get it. In 2022 Bolton was THE HIGHEST RATED player defined as a forward in the AFL. He was miles ahead of any other player defined as a forward and was being spoken about as the best player in the game for a period. In 2023 he was also the highest rated player in the AFL defined as a forward.

Everyone knows his dip in output in 2025 is due to the team malfunctioning and if he played in a competitive team he is right up there, likely somewhere around Izak Rankine levels. Go and offer Adelaide pick 10 and a second rounder for a contracted Rankine and see how long that conversation lasts. Offer them picks 9 & 10, they are not even contemplating it. Offer them 3 & 10 they still almost certainly say no. Bolton is just 16 months older than Rankine, has proven he can play in Premiership teams twice over, and maybe Rankine is a slightly better player, but there wouldn't be loads in it. These players are amongst the most valuable 10-20 players in the AFL and are probably about the hardest to find. It is tough enough to find a prime Wingard, Robbie Gray or Walters, but the likes of Bolton and Rankine imo are a bit better than that, so they are hen's teeth players.

Could you even possibly imagine a list manager from another club looking at Bolton and saying yeahnah, he only kicked 34 goals this season, not interested.

If he went on the market to the highest bidder, there would be 17 clubs trying to get into the queue for his services and at least all the clubs who thought they could contend would be doing all they possibly could to get Bolton. Picks that likely end up at 11 & 12 are not enough for Bolton, there has to be a half decent player/prospect or another reasonably valuable pick along with it, and straight out another first round pick minimum if we start contributing to his salary. Otherwise as you have said before, just keep him, easy peasy. If Freo wants him, it is simple, they pay overs, one way or another.

If it is the case he is not getting along with the way Yze wants him to play, Richmond needs to think very carefully about whether to stick or twist there. If we let him go for only fair market value for that reason then I think Yze would come under great scrutiny.

We are going to see some utter tripe written and spoken about our players in coming months, I guess we better get used to it.

Just a little whisper going around Lynch might be getting shopped around. I'm ok with that as I lost hope of him been fit ever again and get some of his wages of the bill.
It all started from Damien Barrett speculating. Doubt there's anything in it. We won't get much for him now anyway and there's no need to offload him with the exodus already on the cards.

It all started from Damien Barrett speculating. Doubt there's anything in it. We won't get much for him now anyway and there's no need to offload him with the exodus already on the cards.
feminism GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back