Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will not be released for a second round pick(which is likely to end up in the 35-40 range.) That is patently ludicrous. If it was to Collingwood it would likely be with some 2025 salary paid and we get 32, 48, 50 and their F1. All those picks would amount to the value of about picks 20 & 25 for us. Much like the Deledio deal.

We don't need all those picks though so it's pointless for us.

People have been suggesting as a trade hypothetical:

Richmond trade: Bolton, Baker and Pick 30 to Freo.

Freo trade: Pick 9, 17 and a future first.

Not sure how I feel about it, especially if we stuffed up pick 9. It would look terrible for us. I also expect them to rise next year too so their future first will lie between 12-15
We'd want 10 as well

Such a rubbish article.

"Won't cost much in a trade and clearing the $1.5M off our books is good for us"

It's completely the opposite. We have much less concerns with salary than pies or dees, so in that case he will cost a lot as they'll want us to pay a substantial amount of his salary.

Journalism degrees on the back of corn flakes boxes these days
Damo:
“I feel that he's going to be of interest; what does become an impostor is a $1.5 million price tag on his attached price tag on his attached contract the next year … They wouldn't have to give up much, I think taking as much of the salary will be reason enough.”

Well Damo, I feel that the club, Livingston and Blair would be pissing themselves laughing at the suggestion.
What an absolute muppet. No wonder he's widely hated in the media and football world.

Damo:
“I feel that he's going to be of interest; what does become an impostor is a $1.5 million price tag on his attached price tag on his attached contract the next year … They wouldn't have to give up much, I think taking as much of the salary will be reason enough.”

Well Damo, I feel that the club, Livingston and Blair would be pissing themselves laughing at the suggestion.
What an absolute muppet. No wonder he's widely hated in the media and football world.
If he had another 4 or 5 years then sure it's an option lol

Did u2 watch both the suns & Freo over the w/end .
It's a perfect storm for us
We have what they crave for.
It will happen at our price

You're forgetting one important element to all this. It's not our decision, its Richmond's.

Something inside me is saying the club is going to be stubborn, they are downright seething that a handful of our players want out. I reckon they are going to say no to any trade suggestion.

This place will melt.

Not sure how I feel about it, especially if we stuffed up pick 9. It would look terrible for us. I also expect them to rise next year too so their future first will lie between 12-15
No way. Not enough.

Its 9 & 10 for Bolton alone and Baker plus 30 for a F1 is a joke.

They're missing pick 10.

That values Bolton at 9 and a 2025 pick around 12-16 and Baker as a pick upgrade from 30 to 17. Unders for both.

Im not having a go at your opinion at all because I think m views would be the same as yours if the roles were reversed. My belief is though two factors could make the trade suggestion more plausible to Richmond's footy department than appears on face value. One is how this draft is believed to have a ton more talent picks 10-30 than any other draft for a fair while and the other is that there is only a few draft before the draft concessions for the new team will come into effect. All I'm saying is those are extra factors to consider when looking at the proposed trades.

And as if Shai Bolton's trade value would be set based on what he has done in 2024 in a wooden spoon team with a totally misfiring forward line and nothing else. He is 25 and was the 19th highest rated player in the AFL in 2023, and the 17th highest in 2022, so fringe top 1 player for an average team. But his ratings aren't derived from being fed the ball at all costs like some who rated above him. Most of his playing time has been spent standing ahead of the ball, or in centre bounces. So he is in the areas where it is hardest to get the ball but easiest to have the most impact when you do get it. In 2022 Bolton was THE HIGHEST RATED player defined as a forward in the AFL. He was miles ahead of any other player defined as a forward and was being spoken about as the best player in the game for a period. In 2023 he was also the highest rated player in the AFL defined as a forward.

Everyone knows his dip in output in 2025 is due to the team malfunctioning and if he played in a competitive team he is right up there, likely somewhere around Izak Rankine levels. Go and offer Adelaide pick 10 and a second rounder for a contracted Rankine and see how long that conversation lasts. Offer them picks 9 & 10, they are not even contemplating it. Offer them 3 & 10 they still almost certainly say no. Bolton is just 16 months older than Rankine, has proven he can play in Premiership teams twice over, and maybe Rankine is a slightly better player, but there wouldn't be loads in it. These players are amongst the most valuable 10-20 players in the AFL and are probably about the hardest to find. It is tough enough to find a prime Wingard, Robbie Gray or Walters, but the likes of Bolton and Rankine imo are a bit better than that, so they are hen's teeth players.

Could you even possibly imagine a list manager from another club looking at Bolton and saying yeahnah, he only kicked 34 goals this season, not interested.

If he went on the market to the highest bidder, there would be 17 clubs trying to get into the queue for his services and at least all the clubs who thought they could contend would be doing all they possibly could to get Bolton. Picks that likely end up at 11 & 12 are not enough for Bolton, there has to be a half decent player/prospect or another reasonably valuable pick along with it, and straight out another first round pick minimum if we start contributing to his salary. Otherwise as you have said before, just keep him, easy peasy. If Freo wants him, it is simple, they pay overs, one way or another.

If it is the case he is not getting along with the way Yze wants him to play, Richmond needs to think very carefully about whether to stick or twist there. If we let him go for only fair market value for that reason then I think Yze would come under great scrutiny.

We are going to see some utter tripe written and spoken about our players in coming months, I guess we better get used to it.

As I’ve said before, I think with Bolton we say a top-5 pick and another first rounder of any colour thanks, this year or next. Then it’s up to Freo to get the top-5 pick. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Blair accepts that we should dump manure at his office.

The picks have a market value. We wouldn't want the picks to take to the draft. We would be packaging them up for higher picks from clubs who need points to match bids. That, or we ask Collingwood to trade the 2024 picks into 1 pick for us.
We have enough on our plate without adding to it. We'd ask them to get a pick in the range we want and then focus on the deals we need to get done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not having a go at your opinion at all because I think m views would be the same as yours if the roles were reversed. My belief is though two factors could make the trade suggestion more plausible to Richmond's footy department than appears on face value. One is how this draft is believed to have a ton more talent picks 10-30 than any other draft for a fair while and the other is that there is only a few draft before the draft concessions for the new team will come into effect. All I'm saying is those are extra factors to consider when looking at the proposed trades.
Keep dreaming.
Welcome to silly season

Keep dreaming.
Welcome to silly season
Its all good. I'm actually one of the few freo supporters who thinks that our offer wont be enough to get Bolton unless its the absolute maximum of trade suggestions and not the minimum. Ive got abused for saying using our first two picks could be required to get a trade done by freo supporters. I thought we couldn't use our first this year originally but that was wrong so since Ive said we might have to use our 1st two picks I copped abuse.

I reckon after watching the dynamic small forward swittakauski (has kicked 11 goals playing as a small forward permanently in a side with a gun midfield)freo will be prepared to pay whatever we ask
💯 they will
Along with the Suns.

Journo's need something to talk about now that the final 8 is full of boring teams. Once Carlton, one of Hawks/Dogs get knocked out it will be even worse lol
The death & funeral pages will be back page news than the all interstate finals.

:'(, when you realise if the Bolton and Rioli trades happen, they will be at the end of the trade period mean this won't all happen until mid October.

:'(:'(, when you realise Lynch has only played 89 games for us. If that trade happens watch the Lynch and M Pickett offspring be the best players of their generation

At best for Baker/Bolton to Freo I think would be picks 9, 10, 27 and future first. We pay around half Boltons salary (most in the next two years), and we potentially take Brodie as part of the trade to get him off their books (I’m not sure if his contract is an issue).

Brodie’s main role would be to provide support for the young midfielders in the VFL but you never know he’s better than Dow.

You're forgetting one important element to all this. It's not our decision, its Richmond's.

Something inside me is saying the club is going to be stubborn, they are downright seething that a handful of our players want out. I reckon they are going to say no to any trade suggestion.

This place will melt.
Don't worry mate.
Players & Club are all on the same exit stage.

Honestly I don’t get the whole “Bolton is too inconsistent” narrative. Show me a small forward that pinch hits in the midfield that doesn’t have a few quiet games? Especially in a team that won 2 games for the entire season. For those not familiar with the site footywire, you can go on there and literally compare players stats and I can tell you now Boltons season statistically is very much on par with other blokes that play the same position yet a couple of them are going to be All Australians this year because they’re in good teams. I speak of Moore, Stengle, Papley, Rankine, Daniels, Cameron, Pickett, Hill. In fact for all the negative press shai has received this year, if he was a better shot on goal he should probably still have kicked 45-50 goals and still been AA himself.

Its all good. I'm actually one of the few freo supporters who thinks that our offer wont be enough to get Bolton unless its the absolute maximum of trade suggestions and not the minimum. Ive got abused for saying using our first two picks could be required to get a trade done by freo supporters. I thought we couldn't use our first this year originally but that was wrong so since Ive said we might have to use our 1st two picks I copped abuse.

The big one will be what level salary support we provide for Bolton as it could really help you guys once that window opens (which should be next year).

I’m curious about the Brodie situation. Is he on decent coin for the next two years and do you want him off the books? I’m not really interested in him as a player but we could potentially provide salary dumping services. He might even get a few games helping the kids develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back