Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No to Lukocious. Need to rebuild the engine room with speed, smarts and class.

Heavy on picks in this draft and maybe snag an extra first rounder next year and we will have bucketloads of cash to throw at a non restricted key forward to replace Lynch.

Four picks in the top 10 this year = big bonus for the recruiters. We need to rebuild before Tassie. Whoever is bottoming out when their concessions start and going to be in the wilderness for a very long time.

Rioli + 29 to Suns
6(7) + *13 to Tiges
Probably ends up 7 & 15 for Rioli.

If dogs beat hawks that pick rises.

Lombard will probably be bid on around the 8-12 mark. *13 would get sucked up by that bid and have no value to the suns.

If they keep their pick 20, together with our pick 29 that’s more points than pick 13 alone to match a bid. I’d say suns would be happy going into ‘25 with Rioli, Noble, Lombard and 2 rookie upgrades.

Leave it as pick 6 or try and trade that for something earlier?
I think one pick is a lottery for a player who immediately makes GC better, so in my opinion it is 2 picks, hoping one works out well. It's also why I think 3 picks for the known quantity bolton hoping 1 turns out very well. We are basically just buying chances to rebuild well.

He doesn't fit Cheatwick's game plan. Yze might be able to come up with something that suits his strengths...or not. I am not a huge Lukosius fan but he can do a lot of damage quickly if you can get the ball to him in a suitable contest between the arcs.

I doubt we will take him due to him being a bit of a Jack Watts. You certainly wouldn't want to be giving up more than the value of a rd 2 pick to get him.
It’s been reported somewhere (HS I think) that we have zero interest in Lukosius. We are only interested in picks for Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you for how Richmond is now. If we are a contender then I would definitely say Shai is worth more. Freo basically need someone like Shai to turn potential into contention.

Dan is a leader I would love to stay. I can see why GC want him so badly. He can turn their problems into strengths and Dimma loves him. If GC can play to their potential they can win the whole show. They need leadership (Rioli tick), ball movement (Rioli tick) and a mentor to show them how to be great (Rioli tick). I hope they pay through the nose for him, coz Dan is someone who would help our new draftees so much.
Nah. We got Shorty for that!!!

That will probably be it, 9, 10, 17 sliding to around 11, 12, 20 for Bolton and we may want a speculative player off them as well
The problem I have with the Bolton trade as it appears to be is that the two or three picks while adding up to a significant and equivalent amount of points, likely won’t help replace who we are losing.

I would say Shai is worth in the region of pick 1 - 3. I’m including in that valuation his age and his wage. I want to be able to use the pick/s we receive to draft someone I think could be as good.

Pick 9 or 10 or 17 or whatever they end up being will be a complete fluke if they produce someone of that ability.

It’s like Melbourne accepting three handy players for Petracca. Yes, you’d swap him for McKay or Heeney or Papley or Bolton. But three handy players doesn’t make up for star quality.

From the draft watchers I've listened too in the last few weeks. This is the draft to hit heavy as next year will be a pretty shallow draft. So we might have to look at some free agency players from next season, outside of the first 2 rounds next season.
Reckon it would be a power move to trade our future first into this year. Clubs will value that as a pick 1-5, materialise the value of that in a good draft, only upside risk for us.

Draft will be heavily hit no doubt but we will attempt to bring in some ready made players via trades. A couple of young Vic boys playing interstate are of interest.

Won’t cost much.

Bob, have you heard of 2 names we have floated from GC that we would like?
I’m ok with kids who want out; definitely not happy with anyone a club is happy to let go.

Lukosius could be a salary dump, isn’t he on like $1m or some bullshit?

With that in mind it will be pick 6 (Rioli), pick 13 (Lukosius salary dump), pick 20 (Rioli salary contribution), pick 27 (because Rioli is contracted) and pick 34 (because we’ll give you a couple shitty picks back worth more points) + Pea Heart Lukosius

Yeah my comment was more in gest
Doubt we see him as a tiger again

Kinda feel sorry for him deserves to be the number 1 ruck but just can’t seem to have a clear run at it

If I was the cats list manager I would be all over him
are you serious ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back