Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be targeting anyone until the 2026 off season at earliest. Need at least two years picking the best talent in the draft and depending on how they look start building a list to fit with them. If you nail those picks then look at FA along with possibly using draft picks to trade for a young star who wants to return home.

I'd also question anyone who came here in the next two years as money would be the only reason for coming.
When Jarman impey went to the Hawks to play across HBF everyone thought it was a bust for him and the Hawks

Different story now

Cam Rayner is 24 and a significant upgrade on short or rioli playing of the hbf

4-year deal on the table from West Coast for Graham according to Riley Beveridge. Pick 22 come on down.

I get it because it’s a ‘free hit’ for Eagles as he’s a free agent …. but I can’t fathom Eagles are paying ballpark of $2.4m for Graham, and we are getting pick-22 for him.

He suffers regular soft tissue injuries and doesn’t seem a good fit for an Eagles team needing to rebuild.

Weird, just weird. But absolute gold for us if we get pick-22 in a strong draft, absolute gold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rayner has been excellent this year. Perfect FA target.
raynor is a good FA target, however, we should not go after high priced FA players for another 3 to 4 years. To early in our rebuild before then.

A poster mentioned it earlier in the thread, sorry, thought you’d seen it
I was talking about a different part of the sentence but are they trying to offload Oliver??

Interesting if they are, RFC are in a different window but it would be problematic for Melbourne to dump Oliver of sorts if that is the case

If I was Melbourne I would be hoping he finds his form but they may know more

Rayner could be the type of player you want to target if you have a lot of young guns who aren't as physically developed, because he can really bust packs open. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the 2024 finals and what sort of action there is for him next year. if he has a big finals series he will make himself a seriously rich man.
Throw 1.5 on the table for 8y and see if he blinks

Throw 1.5 on the table for 8y and see if he blinks

I am a big fan of Rayner. Not sure he is quite worth $1.5 for 8 years though, even to us. But an offer like that would certainly place pressure on other bidders. 7 years at $1.2m would be more like what he will get, but a lot depends on this finals series. If he is average, that comes right down. If he sets the place alight, it goes up. He could be better value to us if he has an average finals series because he is the type of player you want around the young bodies over a long season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayner playing good footy at the moment. Probably because his big pay day will be coming up.

FA is definitely where it's at for acquiring talent rather than trading picks. He's probably not the right one though.
Would be more keen if it looked like we were keeping Shai and Rioli but if they are moving on makes no sense to throw money at him

Seems like just chasing a name for the sake of it to try and give some positive press our way

Gettable said Richmond will be one of the clubs chasing Cam Rayner as a FA, they expect him to re-sign at the Lions but Richmond will throw money at him
Gun. Good age as well. Currently 24...

If you can bring in talent with out handing over draft capital it's a bit of a no brainer, but Rayner will re-sign with the Lions anyway

Normally I would agree but until our next leaders emerge and its clear who we are building our team around a player like Rayner makes little sense.

Would feel different if we didn't have a likely exodus on our hands this off season.

Hearing Baker is going to nominate Freo. Good news as easier to get a deal done.
If both Baker & Bolton want fremantle
3 x 1st rounder looks about right and if they want Richmond to pay any salary then they need to throw in StKilda's 2nd rounder and we can give them some rubbish 57 & 62

Can't believe what I've been reading. If Rayner is available, especially as a free agent we should definitely be enquiring regardless of our list position. If he was 28 I'd be like hell no, but he is 25 at the start of next season and will be in his prime when we are likely going to be challenging again.

You need top end talent and considering we are going to lose a fair bit of it, we need an established player like him who will add a different dimension to our midfield.

I know you all hate players who have been tainted by the opposition, but you're crazy if you don't want a player like Rayner.

Can't believe what I've been reading. If Rayner is available, especially as a free agent we should definitely be enquiring regardless of our list position. If he was 28 I'd be like hell no, but he is 25 at the start of next season and will be in his prime when we are likely going to be challenging again.

You need top end talent and considering we are going to lose a fair bit of it, we need an established player like him who will add a different dimension to our midfield.

I know you all hate players who have been tainted by the opposition, but you're crazy if you don't want a player like Rayner.
He won't come here anyway but yes he's turning into a very good player.

We'd want to have Balta signed before targeting him.

Especially if he’s free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back