Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GC offer pick-6 for Rioli and nothing more, then if Rioli wants to go it’s a done deal. At this stage of our rebuild you want Rioli or one of : Smith, Draper, Smillie, FOS, Langford or Lalor?

If GC offer more that’s great, but if we refuse pick-6 just because we want to make a stand that’ll set us back. Pick-6 is already overs. Izak Rankine who was 22yo went to Crows for pick-5 …(yes, I know he was out of contract).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

200w.gif

Who does everyone think will be delisted/retired/traded/free agency out at the end of the year i.e. our 2024 off-season outs?

My initial thoughts on potential Outs

Retired:
D. Martin
D. Grimes

Traded/Free Agency Out:
L. Baker
S. Bolton
J. Graham

Delisted:

?

(I'm not sure to know who to put down as potentially delisted as I don't know everyone's contract status)

Who does everyone think will be delisted/retired/traded/free agency out at the end of the year i.e. our 2024 off-season outs?

Retired:
D. Martin
D. Grimes

Traded/Free Agency Out:
L. Baker
S. Bolton
J. Graham

Delisted:

?

(I'm not sure to know who to put down as potentially delisted as I don't know everyone's contract status)
I think Coulthard, Cumbo, Colina and Naismith are certain to get delisted, and Dow, McIntosh and Pickett are also not safe if we decide to cut further.

I think Coulthard, Cumbo, Colina and Naismith are certain to get delisted, and Dow, McIntosh and Pickett are also not safe if we decide to cut further.
The 1st 4 are 100% gone, could do it today and no one would bat an eyelid. Think we keep McIntosh & Pickett for the experience/gut running. Kamdyn didn't do his chances any good yesterday though lmao.

Dow I thought would get a year but now I'm just asking myself, why?

The 1st 4 are 100% gone, could do it today and no one would bat an eyelid. Think we keep McIntosh & Pickett for the experience/gut running. Kamdyn didn't do his chances any good yesterday though lmao.

Dow I thought would get a year but now I'm just asking myself, why?
I'd definitely be cutting Dow if I was in charge. Going to be a lot of kids coming in needing midfield time, and he's a below average mid who doesn't have the flexibility to play anywhere else.

I was pretty disappointed to see HRS moved off a wing yesterday to give that spot back to McIntosh. His output was significantly less than what Hugo's been giving us there, and made me think that perhaps he'll just get in the kids' way if we keep him on next year? We'll have Pickett who can play the wing if needed anyway.

Can anyone tell me the compensation rules for unrestricted players?

I think Richmond should put an offer to the Eagles of Shai & Baker for their 2024 and 2025 first picks and agree any compo pick for Graham goes back to them as part of the deal. They can pay Graham overs and buy themselves an early draft pick.

Can anyone tell me the compensation rules for unrestricted players?

I think Richmond should put an offer to the Eagles of Shai & Baker for their 2024 and 2025 first picks and agree any compo pick for Graham goes back to them as part of the deal. They can pay Graham overs and buy themselves an early draft pick.
Same as restricted. Contract $, age & apparently length now.

It may be frowned upon to trade the pick to the club that created it lol

Retired:
D. Martin
D. Grimes

Traded/Free Agency Out:
L. Baker
S. Bolton
J. Graham

Delisted:

?

Retired:
D. Martin
D. Grimes

Traded/Free Agency Out:
L. Baker , D. Rioli, S. Bolton
J. Graham (UFA)

Delisted:
N. Cumberland
One of M. Pickett or K. Macintosh
M. Coultard, Colina

Leaves 7 or 8 list spots and a couple of rookie spots

I'd definitely be cutting Dow if I was in charge. Going to be a lot of kids coming in needing midfield time, and he's a below average mid who doesn't have the flexibility to play anywhere else.

I was pretty disappointed to see HRS moved off a wing yesterday to give that spot back to McIntosh. His output was significantly less than what Hugo's been giving us there, and made me think that perhaps he'll just get in the kids' way if we keep him on next year? We'll have Pickett who can play the wing if needed anyway.
Whilst I agree regarding Ralphsmith I’m guessing it was more about him adding some flexibility to his game, he is actually pretty decent in the air for his size so I could see the logic behind it. He’s had some quiet games this year which can happen on a wing but overall he has been a bit of a shining light. Banks is also making the wing his own and look a hard running combination for the future. Dow and Cumberland 100% gone from the senior list. Interesting that grimes hasn’t announced his retirement yet. Surely he isn’t going around again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand all this love for first rounders, heck we could have 6 of them and that's great and all, but have any of you stopped to think about the repercussions of this?

Fast forward 5 years, how do you propose we keep all these stars? We need to stagger the rebuild over 10 years, its the safest way.

I understand all this love for first rounders, heck we could have 6 of them and that's great and all, but have any of you stopped to think about the repercussions of this?

Fast forward 5 years, how do you propose we keep all these stars? We need to stagger the rebuild over 10 years, its the safest way.
I posted this a month ago and people were like meh just take the picks. We absolutely will push some into next year and then some of those into the year after. Some will bust as well.

You would hope you're bringing through a strong group that builds together I guess.

I posted this a month ago and people were like meh just take the picks. We absolutely will push some into next year and then some of those into the year after. Some will bust as well.

You would hope you're bringing through a strong group that builds together I guess.
FFS bro, "satire", **** me.

It's true though we should and will stagger them. Not over 10 years though you dumb campaigner

Think About It GIF by Identity

GWS made Geelong hand over 3 first round picks for an out of contract FREE AGENT in Jeremy Cameron.

What I'm saying isn't outrageous or unrealistic if the club is strong enough to make a statement that our contracts are actually worth something.
All good in theory but Bolton in this instance was the one who has asked WA teams to pursue him. WA teams now have to weigh up whether they actually want him or if it's worth it.
IMO Richmond will say no.

Agree. But it also works the other way. We can bring through a whole group of good players. Together they can build an ethos and work together to get the best out of themselves.

Also we can trade into next year and have anther big draft crop. And maybe try to do something similar in 2026.

That group can be better than trying to get a lot of good picks over time.

the age holes in the squad then help to pay for the 2024/25 group.

Agree. But it also works the other way. We can bring through a whole group of good players. Together they can build an ethos and work together to get the best out of themselves.

Also we can trade into next year and have anther big draft crop. And maybe try to do something similar in 2026.

That group can be better than trying to get a lot of good picks over time.

the age holes in the squad then help to pay for the 2024/25 group.
I was joking :(

We had Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Grimes all drafted between 2007-09 and we managed the cap pretty well.

Retired:
D. Martin
D. Grimes

Traded/Free Agency Out:
L. Baker
S. Bolton
J. Graham

Delisted:

?

Delisted will be Coulthard, Cumberland and McIntosh.

Should be delisting Miller and Ryan also except some halfwit gave them multi year extensions

All good in theory but Bolton in this instance was the one who has asked WA teams to pursue him. WA teams now have to weigh up whether they actually want him or if it's worth it.
IMO Richmond will say no.
That wasn't how it was initially reported. Ryan Daniels, the Freo mouthpiece pulled that one out a month after Freo were reportedly chasing him and Baker as a package :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back