Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we also need to hit Eagles first and get the Baker / Graham trades out of the way. Then hit Brisbane straight after considering how Ashcroft performed on the weekend (could go pick 3) so they are going to need around 2,200 points. With their current position 5th they are going to have to offer up a future 1st on top of their 1st rounder this year IMO.

If we can get Eagles 2nd rounder & F2 and a 2nd round compo for Graham, we could turn picks 23,33,39,41,51 into say pick 15, 22 and a F1

Means we could have picks 1,15,21,22, F1 & F2 even before we look to trade Bolton (pick 8 & 17) & Rioli (pick 7 & 20).

So essentially end up with picks 1,7,8,15,17,20 /21,22

Then imagine walking into next season with 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders even after this draft.

All for the loss of Rioli, Baker, Graham, Bolton & picks 33,39,41,51

Rebuild confirmed.

Very hard to know how much we'd be willing to pay and what the value of that is.
Agree, would be different for every club. I would think GC would need more cap space than Freo, purely based on GC paying everyone overs to keep them.

All good in theory but Bolton in this instance was the one who has asked WA teams to pursue him. WA teams now have to weigh up whether they actually want him or if it's worth it.
IMO Richmond will say no.
If Shai genuinely has issues with regards to wanting to return to WA to surround him and his partner with support for his growing family, we won’t say No imo. But….. only IF the deal is strong enough to warrant the club releasing him from his long term contract.

There are 2 clubs in WA. if WC was prepared to give pick 3+++ for Bolton and Baker we could deal with them. Send a pick back to them for their F1. Bolton can not demand to go to Freo as he’s contracted. We determine which club and if he doesn’t like it bad luck. No WA return.
Doesn’t work that way in reality Mate. If Bolton nominates the Dockers, that’s who we will be negotiating with and will likely trade with.

Doesn’t work that way in reality Mate. If Bolton nominates the Dockers, that’s who we will be negotiating with and will likely trade with.
Hopefully he doesn’t nominate, leaving it open for both. As if he truely wanted to go home club wouldn’t matter.

I understand all this love for first rounders, heck we could have 6 of them and that's great and all, but have any of you stopped to think about the repercussions of this?

Fast forward 5 years, how do you propose we keep all these stars? We need to stagger the rebuild over 10 years, its the safest way.
Stagger their contracts. It's the only way.

Blair will know 😉
secret smell GIF

Hopefully he doesn’t nominate, leaving it open for both. As if he truely wanted to go home club wouldn’t matter.
It will matter if WC don't want him. Can't see them wanting him given they're where we are.

How is it a done deal !!!

He is contracted and worth more to Gold Coast and Richmond has to play hard ball with the deal
We simply dont traade unless its way overs

These guys throw away picks like confetti and we MUST stand our ground
they gave away #7 to off load $300k excess cap and paid #2 for Weller

I’m not saying they won’t offer more than pick-6… they hopefully will. But if that’s where their offer starts and finishes, if Rioli wants to go there’s no way I’m holding him and kissing goodbye to pick-6. When Rioli is well past his best or retired our pick-6 will be 23yo.

I’m sure we will play hardball and take the stance he’s not up for trade … until GC hopefully blink and offer more than pick-6. But if they don’t and we retain Rioli and don’t take pick-6 we’d be negligent in our duty to rebuild this playing list.

Sure, the pick-6 won’t be as good as Rioli from 2025-2027.. but I reckon he will be better than him when Rioli is retired.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We will have Ross back next season who was playing wing until he got injured.

Very true.

Probably the most disappointing part of our injuries this year has been to players like Ross, Gibcus, Lafau, MRJ and J Clarke.

Have missed between half a season to a full seasons worth of games and development for all of them.

Ross, HRS + Pickett next year has a solid base for relatively competitive wingers for the year.

While i understand our club isn’t a charity.

I wouldn’t be against if it was down to a Kmac v Pickett fighting out a last spot on a delisting that we keep Pickett.
Although this is one of the last reasons you’d do it, the club would probably take into consideration Kmac’s career earnings vs Picketts and if it was a line ball call they help Marlion and his family and retire Kmac as a premiership hero.

I’d probably need to study our list a bit more but if they were both retained it would be insurance on a HRS injury in 2025 and at least we have simple retire/delist options at the end of 2025.

How anyone who watched the game yesterday can advocate retaining Macca is beyond me.

There is 121 midfielders to have played 10+ games in 2024. Macca is ranked 120th… ahead of only Harvey Galllagher.

In 2023 there was 126 mids to play 10+ games. He was ranked 114th. Nearly all below him were kids making their way (Erasmus, Odriscoll, Hollands etc…)

He has been a great servant. He’s clearly a great clubman. But he is now cooked and nearly every action he has in a game of footy is negative, whether it be slowing down ball movement, giving away a free, kicking OOF, turning it over etc…..

Time to move on … if he gets another year and takes games off youngsters next year then Yze is almost dead to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How anyone who watched the game yesterday can advocate retaining Macca is beyond me.

There is 121 midfielders to have played 10+ games in 2024. Macca is ranked 120th… ahead of only Harvey Galllagher.

In 2023 there was 126 mids to play 10+ games. He was ranked 114th. Nearly all below him were kids making their way (Erasmus, Odriscoll, Hollands etc…)

He has been a great servant. He’s clearly a great clubman. But he is now cooked and nearly every action he has in a game of footy is negative, whether it be slowing down ball movement, giving away a free, kicking OOF, turning it over etc…..

Time to move on … if he gets another year and takes games off youngsters next year then Yze is almost dead to me.

This is where you have gone wrong, 2024 Kmac is a KPF now ;)

Martin retired on $1.4m, Grimes probably retiring was captain 2 years ago so would be on good coin, bolton $850k, Rioli and baker on $600-$800k. we will have trade picks and a huge war chest.

we could do something like, trade rioli for say pick 6 and recruit a mature body half back flanker like d'ambrossio or Markov for a late pick.

play this trade period and draft well and we could set ourselves up for a quick rebuild. plus have luck with injuries. just getting a full season out of Lynch, gibcus and ross will improve us.

Martin retired on $1.4m, Grimes probably retiring was captain 2 years ago so would be on good coin, bolton $850k, Rioli and baker on $600-$800k. we will have trade picks and a huge war chest.

we could do something like, trade rioli for say pick 6 and recruit a mature body half back flanker like d'ambrossio or Markov for a late pick.

play this trade period and draft well and we could set ourselves up for a quick rebuild. plus have luck with injuries. just getting a full season out of Lynch, gibcus and ross will improve us.
If we can get the picks and have cash to burn on FA's, you would have to think the bounce can be much quicker.

That’s usually the case but in this instance we hold all the cards. If west coast were to make a better offer then it’s them or not at all. Or and a big OR, Freo need to up the WC offer.

Better to just frontload the contracts of Taranto, Hopper, Vlastuin and Balta and bank the money for future years. It probably makes more sense to just get games into Banks and Smith rather than recruiting average players like Markov.

I just gave Markov as an example. this is the team we fielded on the weekend.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 2.50.19 pm.png
if we have a bad run of injuries again and we trade Rioli, graham, bolton, retire kamdyn, and fill those positions with 1st year recruits, that leaves us with a very inexperienced and light bodied team. 2-3 bigger bodied replacements would still leave plenty of positions available to get games into the younger players.

anyway whatever happens our recruiting staff will have options available that have been, pretty much, never available to a non start up team. go tigers.....

I mean I wouldn’t open the door for him to leave but if he’s going anyways, at least he’s doing us a big favour with his form. Halfbacks are almost always overvalued when they are in top form and that is excellent for us trading with GC.

Right now a trade like Rioli + 33 for 7 + 12 is looking highly likely. But we could push it further for other pick upgrades especially if we help with contract $$$. Then we can potentially look at a half back replacement like travaglia with one of those picks.
Dan played yesterday like he is staying.
Bolton on the other hand.

I understand all this love for first rounders, heck we could have 6 of them and that's great and all, but have any of you stopped to think about the repercussions of this?

Fast forward 5 years, how do you propose we keep all these stars? We need to stagger the rebuild over 10 years, its the safest way.
Cap space for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back