Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Baker, Bolton, Graham and Rioli would be an absolute mistake. Know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

It’s time to fold them now Blair.
Given the value we should extract for each of Bolton, Rioli and Graham, it's a no brainer to let them go.

I'm probably keeping Baker over the likely late first we get in return though, but I doubt we get the choice.

Keeping Baker, Bolton, Graham and Rioli would be an absolute mistake. Know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

It’s time to fold them now Blair.
I agree with it all apart from Rioli. Just feels silly to trade him. I understand what we can get for him, but yeah, doesn't feel like a smart move.

I'm very torn as I know this draft is very good and it makes sense to capitalise but I'd argue that Rioli is about to be the most damaging half back in the league.

did
I agree with it all apart from Rioli. Just feels silly to trade him. I understand what we can get for him, but yeah, doesn't feel like a smart move.

I'm very torn as I know this draft is very good and it makes sense to capitalise but I'd argue that Rioli is about to be the most damaging half back in the league.
Half backs arnt hard to replace though. Thats why its a no-brainer to trade him now.

did

Half backs arnt hard to replace though. Thats why its a no-brainer to trade him now.
I'd normally agree but I don't think Rioli is your regular run of the mill half back flanker. As showcased on the weekend.

I have a feeling we'll lose Baker, Graham and Bolton but keep Rioli. Might be way off with my faith in the kid but, he seems more about the club and leading the young aboriginal kids coming after him, than he does about extra money. I've heard the rumours about his girlfriends desire to more north but I just think he might decide to stay where Bolton and Baker seem likely to leave.

Last edited:
I'd normally agree but I don't think Rioli is your regular run of the mill half back flanker. As showcased on the weekend.
Agree but we could use the picks that we get for him to draft Armstrong.
As it showed on the weekend, getting the ball and doing flashy things is great, but useless if there is no one to kick it to.

That's why he is the perfect trade bait, about the most damaging half back in the league but will only probably only be so for another three or four more years. During which time for the most part we will be in wooden spoon contention. Love Rioli and will want him to do well at GC, but if we get two firsts including a top ten, it would be crazy not to take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the clubs he'll be looking at would be Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton or Hawthorn (teams having a fair chance of competing in the next couple of years). The problem is those clubs would need to get the draft capital and salary cap space to do the trade.

He is contracted and arguably Melbourne's best player. It would take at least two top 10 picks (one in the top 5) and some change for Melbourne to even look at it if he wants to really go which I think would be difficult for those clubs to come up with.

If I indulge this for a moment.

Petracca in a straight swap for Harold McKay might be one way this could happen. It would leave the Dees needing to build a new midfield, but a few of their better players are getting old anyway. Gawn and May 33 to start next season.

The stumbling block is not sure why Harry McKay would want to make the move.

Rioli is the one who makes the most sense to trade as he's the oldest and the club that wants him has the best currency.

Totally agree he is the best half back in the league at the moment. Doesn't chip it around he runs it and hurts teams.

The question you need to ask is will he be that in 5-6 years?

It’s looking at our situation, emotions off and looking at the holistic outlook and what’s to come.

To me, holding on to a 28 year old HBF when we can get in a chance at two top line kids, for where we are, is as easy as a decision possible. If you take emotion out of it.

Tasmania is coming. With a raft of draft concessions and picks.

We have the chance that not many if any clubs have here and is to do a mini Tasmania before they enter and increase our top line talent.

By the time Tassie comes in and takes all the top kids and prospects, Rioli is 30-31. If we haven’t built our list to be high talent by then, we are ****ed.

I’ll add - Rioli is the easiest decision to trade for me.

It’s looking at our situation, emotions off and looking at the holistic outlook and what’s to come.

To me, holding on to a 28 year old HBF when we can get in a chance at two top line kids, for where we are, is as easy as a decision possible. If you take emotion out of it.

Tasmania is coming. With a raft of draft concessions and picks.

We have the chance that not many if any clubs have here and is to do a mini Tasmania before they enter and increase our top line talent.

By the time Tassie comes in and takes all the top kids and prospects, Rioli is 30-31. If we haven’t built our list to be high talent by then, we are ****ed.

I’ll add - Rioli is the easiest decision to trade for me.
That's where I cant be open to trading Rioli. He is the one that hurts the most for me.

I'm all aboard then. Get rid of Dan at all costs
Footage of Morro & tigs2010

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back