Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say we do take a draft haul and a rebuild all in one go both this year and next. How do we keep them at the club with contracts all ending around the same time?

Hopefully the AFL brings in the extension clauses for rookie contracts to incentivise loyalty
Isn't it 3 year standard contracts for draftees now, amd extensions on more money if they show anything. 3 years from now I'd hope they would be showing a bit and we are in the free agent market.

Say we do take a draft haul and a rebuild all in one go both this year and next. How do we keep them at the club with contracts all ending around the same time?

Hopefully the AFL brings in the extension clauses for rookie contracts to incentivise loyalty

Maybe we dont keep them all. Its not going to be easy to play them all, maybe some of the ones that get less game time will get decent offers from other clubs and want to leave. We get draft picks for them and go again, kind of like GWS, you end up getting an endless factory of talent that way.

Maybe we dont keep them all. Its not going to be easy to play them all, maybe some of the ones that get less game time will get decent offers from other clubs and want to leave. We get draft picks for them and go again, kind of like GWS, you end up getting an endless factory of talent that way.
Might sound pessimistic but chances are not all of them make the cut either

Even if they are highly promising on draft night

Which I believe Tiger71 💯%
Just to clarify, Grockadoc and my mail is Baker is leaving, Tigs is saying he's very confident he's staying and so is Cameron Hicks. So it's a real interesting one this decision. For the record, we are all hoping Tigs is correct.

Just to clarify, Grockadoc and my mail is Baker is leaving, Tigs is saying he's very confident he's staying and so is Cameron Hicks. So it's a real interesting one this decision. For the record, we are all hoping Tigs is correct.
Yeah Bakes is an interesting one I’ve got no mail myself but I’ve heard from different people that are generally pretty good the two conflicting stories

I couldn’t put money on either decision at the moment with any confidence

sounds like a virus software

Given your internet search history would be an important get

win the premiership again, won’t want to leave after that.

I said it too. A couple of months ago when all the noise said he was leaving. I’m still confident Baker is staying.

We want Baker to go. Overrated player who hasn't stepped up at all when the team has struggled. Has gone missing in a lot of games this year.

A first round pick for him is a win.

Correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People might not like it , but I'll prefer Baker to leave along with Bolton and keep Rioli. Baker is replaceable and indecline his not worth $$$$$. Bolton is great for a team playing finals or challenging.Both are mot players you built a team around. With them leaving we can set up our future with picks.
I think alot more people agree with this then you think.
But If a betting man, Rioli will go...
if it happens so be it, we move on

People might not like it , but I'll prefer Baker to leave along with Bolton and keep Rioli. Baker is replaceable and indecline his not worth $$$$$. Bolton is great for a team playing finals or challenging.Both are mot players you built a team around. With them leaving we can set up our future with picks.
in 3 years when rioli retires at 31-32 we will be crying about why we didnt take 2 x first rounders for him

our players are cooked early due to high pressure dynasty gameplan and louie being the icing on the cake

in 3 years when rioli retires at 31-32 we will be crying about why we didnt take 2 x first rounders for him

our players are cooked early due to high pressure dynasty gameplan and louie being the icing on the cake
don't got me wrong..I'm with it.
if I get my way
Baker-Bolton-Graham and Rioli will all be departing
Hit draft night hard and loaded up!

logical star trek GIF

it is a real issue and one of the reasons why taking 5 picks in the top 20 is risky.

I expect these picks to be smoothed over a couple of years to ensure TPP issues are minimised going forward

I don’t think this is an issue at all. If we take 6 picks in top-30 they won’t all be good enough to command huge contracts. There’ll probably be a couple of A-graders emerge quickly and the rest will develop at different rates in the early stages of their careers.

With our cap space I believe it’s of zero concern. It’s not like we are picking up a dozen top-10 picks over 2-3 years as GC and GWS did … it’ll be 6-7 top-15 picks over 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC are trying to make him something he's not. He is a third tall who distributes beautifully and provides run or a tall wingman in my opinion. Talented player but I would be trying to play him as a key forward.

Plus they will probably want as a direct swap for Rioli and I'd prefer the picks.
lukosoius apparently wants 1 million a year
he will end up a crow crows give suns next years first round pick

i am like newnan from sinefeld i control the mail
and when you control it you control information
and you are all wrong liam is going to join liv golf
and become a gold professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back