Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like all the stars are aligning in a way where the universe is encouraging us to trade out all three of Bolton, Rioli and Baker.

Bolton - If Freo miss finals, they are going to be desperate to add Bolton as he is probably the cream they need on top of an already well balanced team. We should be able to leverage that to get the best possible deal. As they are likely to have pick 9 and 10 (9 being the pick they got from Collingwood for Schultz) we would be asking for both those as a starting point.
Rioli - Gold Coast's tumble down the ladder has resulted in their first pick now being pick 5. We could also be within our rights to request the first rounder they got from the Dogs last year, currently pick 13 which I personally think is overs. However, if we can sweeten the deal by paying some of his salary or assisting with back end picks for any of their academy selections for next year, we should.
Baker - it's widely rumoured that West Coast are keen for him. As Barrass is odds on to go to Hawthorn for their first round pick (currently 12), we would likely ask for that in return for Baker. If it's Freo, we can ask for their pick 17 tied to Port. As I see Hawthorn potentially going deep in finals, either result would likely end up similar.

We end up with picks 1, 5, 9, 10, 12/17 and 13 without much effort at all. Plus it's before any actual trading of picks to clubs that need points for father-son and/or academy selections.

This is a unique position where we have all the leverage...
IMG_8196.gif

What are you wanting for Rioli?

2 x R2 picks for Baker values him between 6-10 which many would happily take straight up, but the Eagles don't have a pick in that range and are unlikely to split pick 3 to get it.

If Bolton wants out, take the Dockers first 2 picks in the draft and move on. 3 x R1 picks are for the truly elite level players and Bolton isn't one unfortunately.

As I said previously, if we've got multiple R1 picks this year we don't need the Lions R1 pick this year, I'd ask for their 2025 R1 pick and give us 4 picks inside the first 2 rounds in 2025 to go with the haul we may have this year.
Bolton would be the cream on top to a side like Freo.They would start Flag favorites next year.
He is Cotracted.3 1st's(we're not talking 3 top 10 picks)1 ten and 2 mid teens.Take it or leave it Freo.
They will because they know Bolton is worth a flag.

I dont think they see yze as a long term coach, hes just a stop gap to pickup some draft picks

next coach will get a good spine and mids in their baby years like dumma did*

(*if we do the right thing and cash in now on bolton and rioli)

if we dont we are farrked for years to come
Warming seat for Grigga.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

We have been hoodwinked when looking to bring in contracted players and paying overs.

Am I missing something here the shoes on the other foot now. All hypotheticals at this present time but if its announced that Rioli (who's 27 years old and contracted till 2027) intends to join GC then it’s up to GC to make it happen and I mean they know they will need to pay overs. So, its 2 first rounders 5 and 13 or 5 and 20 or GAGF. We need to be prepared to walk away from the deal if GC don’t cough up at least 2 first rounder’s.

GC picks: 5, 13, 20, 25, 34, 46, 70

Shai Bolton (25 years old) who I want to stay as he's a bona fide star, a match winner on his day and contracted till 2028.
Freo will come harder as they are likely to miss the 8. I don't think we'll get 3 first rounder if I’m being totally honest but **** its 9 & 10 or he stays. Time to play hard ball at the negotiating table.

Freo Picks: 9, 10, 17, 26, 62

Liam Baker, Vice-Captain, 26 years old this is a tough one uncontracted but a heart and soul player, Tough as nails.
He's worth a first rounder but the eagles aren’t giving up pick 3. Would love for them to split that pick but highly unlikely.
Would the eagles give up a future first? more than likely no so I’d prefer we deal with Freo as we could easily snare that other first rounder (17)
Not interested in eagles 2 second rounders this year and next for bakes.

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

Jack Graham, 4 years on offer from west coast. The length and money should net Richmond band 3 compo "2nd rounder".

Lions pick 14 for our later picks so they can have enough points for Ashcroft.

Our draft hand would look something like this, 1, 5, 9, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21 *22

Outs: Rioli, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Dusty (retired), Grimes (retired) and won’t be hard to delist 1 or 2 others.

Lets say we get 5 and 20 for Dan (if we get 13 instead awesome), but for the sake of the game lets say 20.
The Tiges would have picks 20, 21 and 22 “graham compo pick/band 3”. Id look to trade all 3 or 2 for future firsts from clubs in the top 4-6, Dogs, Pies and Power don't have a first rounder this year and swans have pick 18.
Imagine going into 2025 draft with 4 first rounders.

We have been hoodwinked when looking to bring in contracted players and paying overs.

Am I missing something here the shoes on the other foot now. All hypotheticals at this present time but if its announced that Rioli (who's 27 years old and contracted till 2027) intends to join GC then it’s up to GC to make it happen and I mean they know they will need to pay overs. So, its 2 first rounders 5 and 13 or 5 and 20 or GAGF. We need to be prepared to walk away from the deal if GC don’t cough up at least 2 first rounder’s.

Shai Bolton (25 years old) who I want to stay as he's a bona fide star, a match winner on his day and contracted till 2028.
Freo will come harder as they are likely to miss the 8. I don't think we'll get 3 first rounder if I’m being totally honest but **** its 9 & 10 or he stays. Time to play hard ball at the negotiating table.

Liam Baker, Vice-Captain, 26 years old this is a tough one uncontracted but a heart and soul player, Tough as nails.
He's worth a first rounder but the eagles aren’t giving up pick 3. Would love for them to split that pick but highly unlikely.
Would the eagles give up a future first? more than likely no so I’d prefer we deal with Freo as we could easily snare that other first rounder (17)

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

Jack Graham, 4 years on offer from west coast. The length and money should net Richmond band 3 compo "2nd rounder".

Outs: Rioli, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Dusty (retired), Grimes (retired) and won’t be hard to delist 1 or 2 others.

Lets say we get 5 and 20 for Dan (if we get 13 instead awesome), but for the sake of the game lets say 20.
The Tiges would have picks 20, 21 and 22 “graham compo pick/band 3”. Id look to trade all 3 or 2 for future firsts from clubs in the top 4-6, Dogs, Pies and Power don't have a first rounder this year and swans have pick 18.
Should be able to hold a pick in the 30's in that Brissy deal.

Take first 6 to the draft, trade next 3 for futures and use the 30's pick on a slider/KPD (which I think is more of an issue than I had imagined)

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

It sounds great in theory, but are you prepared to hold 2-3 players who don't want to be here for the sake of not appearing to be hoodwinked again.

By all means ask for the all box and dice from the opposition clubs, but we should be prepared to take slightly less to move on players that will have clearly indicated they don't want to be here.

It sounds great in theory, but are you prepared to hold 2-3 players who don't want to be here for the sake of not appearing to be hoodwinked again.

By all means ask for the all box and dice from the opposition clubs, but we should be prepared to take slightly less to move on players that will have clearly indicated they don't want to be here.
Papley stayed.

Nah, stand firm. Two class players being enticed by other clubs to break their contracts. If they want them, pony up a fair price. Two firsts for each of Rioli and Bolton as a minimum. And if the picks aren’t to our satisfaction, the suitors can find the picks that we are after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players don't really care, its the managers that push the trade story to them. We held onto Sheep Dog Campbell against his will and that turned out fine.

If its not overs then they stay. The end.

Who thinks we should go full Norf?
North delisted players so has rebuilt one round 1 pick at a time. Our players are going a few years earlier than retirement so we are getting something back. I don't know this draft but peoplesay it's deep so for each player something eg for graham a shot in the 20s is good,for Bolton amd rioli we want the pointy end of talented kids. So we are doing in 1 year what north did over about 5.

Who thinks we should go full Norf?
Full Norf is a disaster. The kids get smashed every week and after a few years a loser culture develops that is near impossible to exit from. The kids never reach their potential unless they are traded out and finals become an impossible dream.

Its why we are trying to keep Graham and likely to trade only one of Rioli or Bolton. Retaining a core of senior and experienced players is vital.

Breust, Gunston, Siciliy, Impey, Amon and Worpel are that senior group for the Hawks.

I reckon Grimes will also stay if his back comes good over the next month or so.

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

It appears that Carlscum are under significant salary cap pressure, we could conceivably score their F1 as well with Cap trading, giving us 11 x 1st round picks over the next 2 years

It appears that Carlscum are under significant salary cap pressure, we could conceivably score their F1 as well with Cap trading, giving us 11 x 1st round picks over the next 2 years
I would moneyball their first two draft picks for two years and pay 1.5M a year for the option or whatever market value is. Same for teams like Brisbane, those near contention and desperate to hang on. One of them will death ride at some point and we will make a big return.

Nah, stand firm. Two class players being enticed by other clubs to break their contracts. If they want them, pony up a fair price. Two firsts for each of Rioli and Bolton as a minimum. And if the picks aren’t to our satisfaction, the suitors can find the picks that we are after.
IMO a top 5 pick is fair price for Rioli as you wouldn’t get anywhere near that if he was out of contract.

Bolton I agree 2 x R1 is the price and they should be the Dockers first 2 picks in the draft.

People people people these boys Rioli and Bolton are contracted,if you want them then pay up. The players have already been told if we don't get overs you're going nowhere. The fact there's so much speculation that they will move means certain terms have been agreed to.
Pay up or piss off … it’s that simple … we hold the cards in contracted players

IMO a top 5 pick is fair price for Rioli as you wouldn’t get anywhere near that if he was out of contract.

Bolton I agree 2 x R1 is the price and they should be the Dockers first 2 picks in the draft.
Saad went for 6 without breaking stride , did he win a bf , if I recall dildo beat his chest on a 3rd place finish

Does Bolton want put a continent between the missus and kids in Melbourne?
Heard talk he wants to go back to WA to have family support around them rather than them uprooting and moving here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back