Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys long time reader first time poster if we don’t make these trades where do people see us in 5 years?

2 years away from winning our 14th and 15th flag.

IMB_aXGxgO.gif

Full Norf is a disaster. The kids get smashed every week and after a few years a loser culture develops that is near impossible to exit from. The kids never reach their potential unless they are traded out and finals become an impossible dream.

Its why we are trying to keep Graham and likely to trade only one of Rioli or Bolton. Retaining a core of senior and experienced players is vital.

Breust, Gunston, Siciliy, Impey, Amon and Worpel are that senior group for the Hawks.

I reckon Grimes will also stay if his back comes good over the next month or so.

He stayed a year too long as it is. He's gone.

Full Norf is a disaster. The kids get smashed every week and after a few years a loser culture develops that is near impossible to exit from. The kids never reach their potential unless they are traded out and finals become an impossible dream.

Its why we are trying to keep Graham and likely to trade only one of Rioli or Bolton. Retaining a core of senior and experienced players is vital.

Breust, Gunston, Siciliy, Impey, Amon and Worpel are that senior group for the Hawks.

I reckon Grimes will also stay if his back comes good over the next month or so.
Disagree, there's LOTS wrong at North. Look at the Hawks, they jettisoned basically everybody and fell hard, but only briefly. Now look at them. Take out some of their recent injuries and they are quite possibly the best side in it, based on current form.

How many picks do you think we'll actually use this draft? So far we have 9 picks, 6 in the first three rounds. If we trade our all the players the media are suggesting, we could end up with another 4-5 early picks! That's potentially, 14 picks!!!!

How many do you think we'll use and what will we do with the rest of them?

Disagree, there's LOTS wrong at North. Look at the Hawks, they jettisoned basically everybody and fell hard, but only briefly. Now look at them. Take out some of their recent injuries and they are quite possibly the best side in it, based on current form.

Recent injuries?

Hawks have basically had a beneficial run with injuries in 2024. They have lost about 50-60 games at the most from their best 22. And many of those were due to them having the luxury of managing players. And they are 13-9 on the ladder. Let's see how they get on in finals against the better teams before declaring them an outrageous success.

Cal Twomey talking about Dan Rioli for pick 5, if he's talking about it, it's a good chance at happening.

Says a trade request from Rioli will be officially lodged at the exit meeting next week and Richmond already know his intent.
Pick 5 + one more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 5 for Rioli is a pretty good deal
Yeah its an ok deal but if GC beat us next week and Carlton beat Saints it will turn into pick 7 and then 8 or 9 after Ashcroft and Lombard bids. Pick 9 ain't enough.

For Bolton it needs to be 9 and 10 as a starting point otherwise pee off. He is a match winner and our best player.

Twomey is a Bombers supporting campaigner. Another Richmond hater that doesn't want us to dominate his precious draft day

I think we'll trade Rioli and Baker but hold Bolton.

We'll still have a draft hand of 1,5, baker pick, lions pick, 21 and maybe 22 as a graham compo
Bolton is gonski. No two ways about it.

I can see our recruiters bringing in 4 duds and we loose A grade talent.
Probably time to get on board with a winning team then. Sounds like it might be all a little hard for you. I hear the Cats never bottom out and Wells is a guru.

Yeah, over the negativity of our supposed drafting fails. I mean we only just come off winning 3 flags in 4 years, but hey, 2004 etc etc. F.......g spare me the tripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back