Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast trade Barrass for Hawthorn's first and second picks. Then they trade pick 3 and 23 to Freo for 9, 10, 17. Then give us 10 or Hawks' first for Baker. Let's say 14.

Freo give us 3 and 23 for Shai. Maybe we give them 33 back.

Dimma gives us 5 and 20 for Daniel.

We trade our late picks for Brisbane's first, say 15.

1, 3, 5, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 (JGTI). See if there's anyone we really want at 20, otherwise trade it, 21, 22 for first rounders next year.

Simples.
Where'd 23 go campaigner?

Pick 5,20 for Rioli, pick 30 and paying three quarters of his salary.
Pick 9,10 for Bolton
Pick 17 for Baker
Pick 22 for Graham
Pick 14 from Brisbane for points.

That is an absolute amazing draft hand in one of the deepest drafts we’ve seen for a long time. 9X picks inside 22. This is a draft with a genuine top 30 that are all very highly rated prospects.
Getting the pick of 9/30 is just wild. You are in a position to pretty much completely remodel your whole list based on one draft hand and comepletly fast track a rebuild.
Club would absolutely never ever ever take so many picks in a single draft. It just makes absolutely no sense to not kick some down the line to next year.

You limit the opportunities for development and stack up contract renewals and essentially guarantee that you lose some of them when they don't get enough opportunity.

You're also working your way well down the list of guys you want rather than getting your top picks of 2 separate drafts.

Club would absolutely never ever ever take so many picks in a single draft. It just makes absolutely no sense to not kick some down the line to next year.

You limit the opportunities for development and stack up contract renewals and essentially guarantee that you lose some of them when they don't get enough opportunity.

You're also working your way well down the list of guys you want rather than getting your top picks of 2 separate drafts.
Yeah it will be 6 maybe 7 assuming we get good firsts next year. That one is shaping up nicely from what I've seen.

Bolton you don't build a list around. Laconic and disinterested. Give me a truck load of picks in a superdraft any day.

North, Hawks, etc all started rebuilds with no big trove of picks, they started with nothing.
Exactly what I’ve been saying to colleagues at work who follow Hawthorn. Said we will wave to them on the way up in 2-3 years when we pillage this draft

Does this mean I’ll have to listen to ****ing trade radio?
I heard foreign governments use trade radio as torture to break prisoners at black sites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have to offload players like Cumberland because these players are leaving or retiring probably.
Martin, Grimes, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Delist Colina and Coulthart
And Dan Rioli’s probably leaving too. It’s officially a new dawn at Tigerland

We need to keep either Bolton or Rioli imo .
Agree but I don’t think it will be our choice ultimately

Rioli is the one that I will really sad to see move on

Just at work so can't paste the whole herald Sun article but here is a snippet

"it says in an article hes been made aware that he will have to stay put if Richmond would not be able to secure a good deal".
I don't think this article sees light of day if the 2 clubs aren't close.

Agree but I don’t think it will be our choice ultimately

Rioli is the one that I will really sad to see move on
Just too good to refuse imo, we’ll be getting a top 5 pick, for a 28 year old that won’t be around for our next finals tilt.
And as good as he is, he’s not going to make much difference to our results over the next 4 years.
We’ll hold onto Vlaustin, Broad, Nank and a few other premiership players, so the culture and experience will still be there, when the next generation come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back