Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that happens, the Eagles board will spontaneously combust.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Don't forget GC picks 5 & 12 will almost certainly become 7 & 14 with Battle compo (5) and Ashcroft bid (top 5).

Ask yourself, what is Dan's value if he was out of contract? What deal would we do that is fair?

I'd say 14 and 22 and we pay salary space. Which I'm sure GC would like. Hence why that is a good deal.
Gold Coast in 2022 giving away pick 7 and Bowes to Geelong for a future 3rd rounder and salary cap relief ring any bells?

Now considering Dan has 3 more years to run on his contract, GC would have to pay a premium for us to let a likely B&F winner, top 3 player, and vital cog leave. That premium is pick 5. (which will become 7) We throw back a bag of late picks to use on academy kids.

To suggest that Dan is not worth that is simplistic. He's worth that to us and to Gold Coast. Break down the deal... the contract, the salary cap relief for Gold Coast.

The club should (and my guess is, will) reject ridiculous offers like 12 and 20 (14 & 22) and tell GC to come back with a serious offer for a contracted player or he stays.

We need to go full Dodoro in the trade week. Stuff the media and all the muppets saying he's only worth this, blah blah blah. Time to be ruthless.

Don't forget GC picks 5 & 12 will almost certainly become 7 & 14 with Battle compo (5) and Ashcroft bid (top 5).

Ask yourself, what is Dan's value if he was out of contract? What deal would we do that is fair?

I'd say 14 and 22 and we pay salary space. Which I'm sure GC would like. Hence why that is a good deal.
Gold Coast in 2022 giving away pick 7 and Bowes to Geelong for a future 3rd rounder and salary cap relief ring any bells?

Now considering Dan has 3 more years to run on his contract, GC would have to pay a premium for us to let a likely B&F winner, top 3 player, and vital cog leave. That premium is pick 5. (which will become 7) We throw back a bag of late picks to use on academy kids.

To suggest that Dan is not worth that is simplistic. He's worth that to us and to Gold Coast. Break down the deal... the contract, the salary cap relief for Gold Coast.

The club should (and my guess is, will) reject ridiculous offers like 12 and 20 (14 & 22) and tell GC to come back with a serious offer for a contracted player or he stays.

We need to go full Dodoro in the trade week. Stuff the media and all the muppets saying he's only worth this, blah blah blah. Time to be ruthless.
I love Rioli, have said many times, him leaving is the one that hurts me the most and I dont want to trade him, but he is a 28 year old HBF and we are bottom of the ladder.

I will deep throat tigs2010 hairy hobbit big toes if we get al 3 of those picks 😂

Pick 1 2024, 2025 and 2026

christian bale GIF by Maudit

That's it isn't it.

Say we do get 7 after Rioli plus and early 20s, 9 and 10 for Bolton and 18 for Baker.

Plus trade some later picks in to another teens pick for points.

We could have 4 x top 10 this year and another 2 x teen picks.

I'm very confident we win the next two spoons at least and probably bottom 5 the following year. You're adding another 2 x pick 1's and then a top 5. Should be enough to completely rebuild the club. Development coaches have never been so important and should be where our soft cap is going along with recruiting.

I think we may have a F/S and an Academy prospect next year.
Brian Leys son?
And I suppose we may want to spread our picks over a number of seasons.
Either use them on kids or trade capital next season
Leys and Armstrong (NGA) are 2026.

Kellaways kid is next year but don't think he's shaping as too early or even really points worthy at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leys and Armstrong (NGA) are 2026.

Kellaways kid is next year but don't think he's shaping as too early or even really points worthy at this point.
My bad, one year out. So it’ll be next year that we may want to trade for another pick or 2 to grab those 2 in 26.
Fin Callaghan is out of contract end of 25, probably a number of other prospects that may possibly be on our radar.
Always good to have an even spread of draft picks imo
It opens plenty of doors re drafting or trading.

If Rioli, Baker, Bolton and JGTI all leave (and their salaries), I would look at trying to get one of Jack Macrae or Caleb Daniel from the Bulldogs to give some experience and disposal quality whilst all the the draftees are coming up to speed.

If Rioli, Baker, Bolton and JGTI all leave (and their salaries), I would look at trying to get one of Jack Macrae or Caleb Daniel from the Bulldogs to give some experience and disposal quality whilst all the the draftees are coming up to speed.
I like Caleb Daniel. We should enquire for sure as we need good kickers off half back. Not sure on Macrae as he seems slow and we have enough slow midfielders.

I'd also go after GWS Callum Brown - contracted for another year but not getting a game.
Unless he's injured, not sure, but super talented.

Why would we accept a future 2nd when pick #20 is in GC pocket that will get consumed by the lombard bid
GC also have academy picks next year that will require picks

Because we also got to be concious of how many picks we have this year. If we were to get 22 for Graham, then also knowing we are gonna be down next year and need some draftees into that draft, why not look at getting some picks into next year. Just a thought.

Because we also got to be concious of how many picks we have this year. If we were to get 22 for Graham, then also knowing we are gonna be down next year and need some draftees into that draft, why not look at getting some picks into next year. Just a thought.
yeah it would be crazy to have all our eggs in one basket.

I like Caleb Daniel. We should enquire for sure as we need good kickers off half back. Not sure on Macrae as he seems slow and we have enough slow midfielders.

I'd also go after GWS Callum Brown - contracted for another year but not getting a game.
Unless he's injured, not sure, but super talented.
wouldn't mind looking into the callum Brown situation...

I love Rioli, have said many times, him leaving is the one that hurts me the most and I dont want to trade him, but he is a 28 year old HBF and we are bottom of the ladder.

I will deep throat tigs2010 hairy hobbit big toes if we get al 3 of those picks 😂
Imagine if.... Gold Coast need to do some salary cap dumping for now and especially for the coming 3 - 5 years.

Now imagine if they see this year as a great opportunity to resolve that issue.

Now imagine if they see fit to do that salary cap deal with a club that has a contracted player that they want and need and has the cap space to do so.

Now imagine those toes, the hair, the stench. Enjoy.

Pick 5,20 for Rioli, pick 30 and paying three quarters of his salary.
Pick 9,10 for Bolton
Pick 17 for Baker
Pick 22 for Graham
Pick 14 from Brisbane for points.

That is an absolute amazing draft hand in one of the deepest drafts we’ve seen for a long time. 9X picks inside 22. This is a draft with a genuine top 30 that are all very highly rated prospects.
Getting the pick of 9/30 is just wild. You are in a position to pretty much completely remodel your whole list based on one draft hand and comepletly fast track a rebuild.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Gonna be crazy here in a few weeks when Harley Reid wants out.
I posted yesterday that we'll win 5 straight flags from 2030. Which of course was utterly ridiculous.

I completely forgot to factor in that this year we're drafting several high-end kids who have already played with or against Harley, including his good mate FOS. Come the end of 2026, when we've added eight first-rounders in the previous two years and Harley wants back to Vic, who you think he's going to choose? We'll even be super-generous to West Coast and give them three first-rounders in the Tassie drafts.

We're not going to win 5 straight from 2030. That's silly.

We'll win 8 straight from 2028.

Good Coast are also needing points of their own to bring match a Lombard bid which is expected to be mid to late teens currently.
GC have plenty of points but no way a Lombard bid comes that late. He's a top-5 player in this draft, arguably top-2.

Agree I don't think we take more than 6-7 picks in the draft.

It's for that reason I can see us taking offers like 13 + Future 1st for Rioli as opposed to 5 + 21.
No way would we do that.

Adelaide don’t need points for Welsh anymore if draft watchers are correct. He’s slid down the rankings massively

Only got a state combine invitation
He kicked 5 in SANFL seniors on the weekend. He's certainly slid from being ranked close to top-5 coming into the year, but the lack of a national combine invite would be only because everyone knows where he's going. He'll attract a bid, but probably post-30.

Im thinking losing Baker Bolton Rioli Graham and probably Short has to be the plan to rejuvenate the list for the next tilt prior to tassie
Unfortunately I think we're stuck with Short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back