Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't kill me, but I just don't think that a 28yr old HB flanker is going to get you that value. I see Richmond striking whilst the iron is hot, regardless of whether he's contracted. Having said that, GC have handed over ridiculous picks not in their favour before, so anything is possible.
Very very simple

Dan is not for sale unless thats involved , Its a take it or leave it deal
Pick #5 or what should be pick #8 after the battle compo is the only way Rioli is wearing the GC colors

They are very very welcome to let us keep daniel Rioli for the next 5-6 years and we would be just as happy to do so

Why is everyone jumping at shadows in here? The season isn't even close to being over yet and people are already getting cold feet when it comes to the trade period.
Just sit back and enjoy the show.
What will be, will be. We have no control over what will happen.

Rachele is a full of himself turd, but the way Adelaide threw him under the bus publicly like they did says a lot about them and their culture.

Surely he didn’t get dropped for that? Jesus T**ty ****ing Christ

Why is everyone jumping at shadows in here? The season isn't even close to being over yet and people are already getting cold feet when it comes to the trade period.
Just sit back and enjoy the show.
What will be, will be. We have no control over what will happen.
Surely you're on holidays for the entire trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200cm kpp worry shit out of me , always injured ,,,look to avoid for others , get Shanahan
EG
Lynch
B king
M king
M Lewis
S Reid
McKay
Thilthorp

Much larger risk than midfielders but we are desperate for a young gun KPF which is why I think we definitely need to be taking 2 of Armstrong, Shanahan, Faull or Whitlock knowing 1 is likely to fail.

I like it but would rather pick 5 & 20 for Rioli instead of 13 & 20.

Also would be asking 10 & 11 minimum from Freo instead of 10 & 17.

Picks 1, 5, 10, 11, 14, 20 & 21.

Also doubt Baker goes to Freo so we might get West Coast 2nd and F2. Baker to Freo would be better for us though.

Pick 5 is definitely what we will be asking for but for GCS it'll be absolutely non negotiable I think as they'll want Lombard in as well as a gun young kid before that bid comes in and pick 5 remaining with GCS is the only way they make that happen.

If we do concede, I think it'll be a future 1st and 12 this year which you assume pans out as a pick around 8-12 in 2025 and pick 12 this year. I can't see GCS moving above any team in the 8 next year and also think Pies and Blues will be in the 8 next year so would have it about pick 10 2025.

Paying a large portion of his salary could see the deal get sweeter but I'll be amazed if pick 5 is seriously entertained.

Becomes our decision as to whether we accept that or hold Daniel

Surely you're on holidays for the entire trade period
Normally I would if we would have some notable incoming players linked to us but considering they're predominantly players that are leaving, I don't really see the need.

Ugh forget it

If anything it’s outside class we need the most
The assessment of Elijah Tsatas on Rookie Me in his draft year was that kicking was one of his strengths. So he has the skill, the problem I think is that he has been in the Essendon system. Could the Richmond system restore him?

The assessment of Elijah Tsatas on Rookie Me in his draft year was that kicking was one of his strengths. So he has the skill, the problem I think is that he has been in the Essendon system. Could the Richmond system restore him?
If you pick him up then there is 0 reason to recruit Jagga. They are basically the same player. I’d rather Jagga, as I’ve heard Elijah can’t kick? FOS pick 1 and Jagga pick 3/5

Last edited:
Much larger risk than midfielders but we are desperate for a young gun KPF which is why I think we definitely need to be taking 2 of Armstrong, Shanahan, Faull or Whitlock knowing 1 is likely to fail.
We have Lynch (probably one year left), Kosi (in case of emergency) Fawcett, Gray, Lafau and Ryan. Hard to get game time into that many players. Would like to try Archie May as well and maybe a high end KPF. How many can we carry?

If you pick him up then there is 0 reason to recruit Jagga. They are basically the same player.
Thats interesting. We are probably only going to get one pick in the top ten and if we can get a pick in the early teens we should go after a KPF. KPF outside the top twenty seem to take longer and have a high failure rate. It seems very unlikely we are going to get two top 10 mids and a top KPF. So is FOS and Elijah Tsatas a better option than say Jagga and a pick 21 midfielder. This assumes Essendon don't demand stupid compensation for Tsatas (which they might). Going to be a really interesting draft.

Thats interesting. We are probably only going to get one pick in the top ten and if we can get a pick in the early teens we should go after a KPF. KPF outside the top twenty seem to take longer and have a high failure rate. It seems very unlikely we are going to get two top 10 mids and a top KPF. So is FOS and Elijah Tsatas a better option than say Jagga and a pick 21 midfielder. This assumes Essendon don't demand stupid compensation for Tsatas (which they might). Going to be a really interesting draft.
i think ideally,
FOS
Jagga
Potentially Smilie
Potentially Lalor
Jack/Matt Whitlock
Harry Armstrong
Jobe shanhan
Would be our main considerations going into this draft I would think. I would also prefer Richmond consider a Ruck I personally like our current backline. I think brown Gibcus and Balta will be a force to reckon with.

In regards to Elijah I still think I’d rather Jagga. I also find it concerning that he can’t crack the Essendon team, or has made any major impact whilst getting games. I think the downside with Essendon is there entire midfield seems to be a similar type player. Parish, Merret, Tsatas, Martin all seem identical. I think a mix would be the best suit. If we can snag FOS and Jagga we get two completely different styles

We should be doing everything possible to try and use any picks for Baker, Bolton ect to trade up. Understand it is considered even but the top 5 could all go number 1.

If you got FoS at 1 and then Smile at 5 (Rioli) it would be awesome to attract West Coast to split picks and then get either Draper or Smith or Trainor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back