Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth trading for 2 picks each between 10 and 20. Too many duds are drafted in that area.
Need top 5 pick at least.

Maybe, maybe not - if you check all the different expert ratings they have no idea who the best players are in this draft. All they know is the draft is deep so expect a lot of good players outside of the top 5-10

why don't you scrape your nails on a blackboard??

only a sadist would chase Rachelle.

nothing against him personally but he lacks anything special

At least Lambert was tough and had a journey, Rachelle looks like he should be on TV selling toothpaste!!

Mitch Morton was a better mark.

If anything Rachelle looks like a midsized inbetweener if there is such a thing, master of nothing

I hope Rachelle has a great game to prove me wrong so he can drift out of ground hog day

it is like some think he is a better player because he plays a bit midfield and a bit forward but the problem is how does he tear it up?

I would rather Tom Papley and he is a player that irritates me.

If you rate Rachelle what do you think Luke Parker is, someone who walks on water??
Another garbage post by you. What in the hell does Papley or Parker have to do with Rachelle? Is your brain in a permanent fog?

The assessment of Elijah Tsatas on Rookie Me in his draft year was that kicking was one of his strengths. So he has the skill, the problem I think is that he has been in the Essendon system. Could the Richmond system restore him?
Geeze that’s interesting
Must admit I don’t know much at all about him apart from what pops up on here hence the kicking criticism

One thing is the possibility that he simply hasn’t been able to adapt to the speed of the game at higher levels or he’s just simply biting off more than he can chew and trying to impress to entrench himself in the best 22

He’s still very young so wouldn’t be completely against picking him up but it would need to be for a bargain

not worth it at the moment at leasat IMO.

I looked at Marlon Picketts first game GF highlights Castagna celebrating his goal in the GF. Now that is culture where workhorse Castagna and Pickett getting it done.

Rachelle kicked 10 goals in the last 5 games apparently but is the needle getting moved?

I like our own Seth Campbell not to mention others like Mansell's development. Chasing Rachelle is getting away from what we need I think from our core focus

If Rachelle was a superstar okay, have a look, he just looks like a nice player to have so to me chasing him is nothing more than a distraction especially when part of our dna that has been successful is developing our own that we do well in this area
I like Rachelle. Has talent but your post makes sense and he’d be to expensive in the way of compensation we’d need to pay.

Geeze that’s interesting
Must admit I don’t know much at all about him apart from what pops up on here hence the kicking criticism

One thing is the possibility that he simply hasn’t been able to adapt to the speed of the game at higher levels or he’s just simply biting off more than he can chew and trying to impress to entrench himself in the best 22

He’s still very young so wouldn’t be completely against picking him up but it would need to be for a bargain

Hard to imagine it would be for a bargain as he’s only in his second year. They’d probably still want a pick in the top 10.

Much larger risk than midfielders but we are desperate for a young gun KPF which is why I think we definitely need to be taking 2 of Armstrong, Shanahan, Faull or Whitlock knowing 1 is likely to fail.
Very likely 2 could fail but we have to recruit KPFs sometime and they take longer to develop, so do it now.

how does getting Freo picks help with West Coast's 3?? that is insanity
Cause getting our hands on Freo's Pick 9 and then add with Baker, may be tempting for West Coast to give us 3 (I wouldnt if I was West Coast but hey its crazy trade time, lol). Your reply is insanity durrrrr!!!!

Are we keeping Gray? Poor kid did a serious hammy after kicking 4 goals on VFL debut.
How does he compare to talls available in the draft? I’ve got no idea…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause getting our hands on Freo's Pick 9 and then add with Baker, may be tempting for West Coast to give us 3 (I wouldnt if I was West Coast but hey its crazy trade time, lol). Your reply is insanity durrrrr!!!!

I reckon they will consider it if they can get Bo Allan with pick 9. I think they may want us to also upgrade pick 23 to pick 14-17 or add a second rounder. We could looking at pushing for a future 3rd back which has potential value in the GC trade if we go after their future first.

If we rate 3 of the top mids it would definitely be worth it.

With regards to trading for players. This is the template I'd like us to follow

1. Trade disgrulted players for key draft picks to be spread out over two seasons. Keep some senior players (vlastuin, balta, Broad, taranto, etc) for competitiveness.

2. Use draft picks on NEW talent.

3. Focus on draft for THREE/FOUR seasons, whilst that occurs, blood the youth, giving them 50-75 games together.

4. Delist and draft talent based on their transition to afl, use mid season, pre season and Rookie drafts to rebuild list.

5. Once team is beginning to gel and be in contention for finals, compliment list by trading - whether picks or even acquiring unrestricted free agents.

6. Challenge for flag, betting aggressive to poach elite talent.

At no point should we be trading for other teams spuds (Hobbs, tsatas) when we are at rock bottom.

We need youth, kids, energy and to develop a core group to usher in a new era together. Old era is the past, time to move to the new times ahead

Something to consider, if we were trading our future first (likely to be anywhere from 1-4 next year), for West Coast's pick 3 this year, what would you need on top of that to get the deal through? We get a player 12 months earlier than if we wait and have another shit year next year.

The eveness of this draft is an advantage and disadvantage. It means that WC may be more willing to give up the pick if there is no standout top 3 like other years. But it's a disadvantage too because do we really need pick 3 if we can have a pick later in the top 10 and there are a few prospects we like.

In terms of trading our future first you would get pretty much the correct value because everyone is tipping us to be last next year, it's not as if we were premiers one year then traded a future first and finished in the bottom four.

Anyway in terms of scenarios, I would think Eagles give us pick 3 and their second rounder this year and next year and we give them our first next year.

Then we win the flag next year and all is well again.

Tsatas makes Garthwaite look like Errol Gulden.
Obviously, you follow the Essendon VFL which I never do unless they are playing the Tigers. Why you would follow Essendon VFL is beyond my comprehension, but I will accept that you know much more about Tsatas than me. You do realise that Richmond has a yellow sash, don't you?

If Perryman is still a free agent we could have a crack as a Rioli replacement.

I’d even jump into the Battle conversation as he potentially gives us the ability to move Balta forward permanently. I know a lot of people want him to stay down back but if he gets it going up forward he could be an absolute beast.

1. Trade disgrulted players for key draft picks to be spread out over two seasons. Keep some senior players (vlastuin, balta, Broad, taranto, etc) for competitiveness.

3. Focus on draft for THREE/FOUR seasons, whilst that occurs, blood the youth, giving them 50-75 games together.

4. Delist and draft talent based on their transition to afl, use mid season, pre season and Rookie drafts to rebuild list.

5. Once team is beginning to gel and be in contention for finals, compliment list by trading - whether picks or even acquiring unrestricted free agents.

At no point should we be trading for other teams spuds (Hobbs, tsatas) when we are at rock bottom.

We need youth, kids, energy and to develop a core group to usher in a new era together. Old era is the past, time to move to the new times ahead
I don't necessarily disagree with your idea but that's the plan that Carlton, North and Suns amongst others have tried. Carlton are the only one of those three that are in the eight and it took them 10 years. Hawthorn however did trade for a few "spuds" and they have rebounded much quicker.

I reckon they will consider it if they can get Bo Allan with pick 9. I think they may want us to also upgrade pick 23 to pick 14-17 or add a second rounder. We could looking at pushing for a future 3rd back which has potential value in the GC trade if we go after their future first.

If we rate 3 of the top mids it would definitely be worth it.
Yep exactly what I would think too, would centre around their desire for Bo Allan. if we gutted a vast majority of our predicated draft haul to concentrate on obtaining picks 1,3 & 5, that would be a mega boost to our rebuild rebound Finn, Jagga and Lalor, gets me excited lol

To move a fringe player like Kosi needed a 3 year contract. Hobbs, Tsatsas, Phillips should be preseason draft pick at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back