• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doozy…

View attachment 2088672

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
Who is this

We are going to have like 10+ changes to the list this year, absolutely wild.

Martin
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Collina
Coulthard
Baker
Bolton
Rioli
Graham

Potentially Cumbo, McIntosh and Dow could go as well.

Hoping we can pick up someone decent in the PSD this year and maybe use the rookie list for a few bigger bodies.

It was only two mid-late 3rd rounders in the Kelly trade and the future first was actually 13 before free agency compo and matched bids.

We already know pick 9 and 10 (if Freo don’t make finals) is pick 10 and 11 (Ashcroft), could be 11 and 12 if Battle compo gets to first round, and could be 12 and 13 if there is a bid on Lombard. Their pick 17 is basically guaranteed of being no earlier than 19 as well.
The price paid by someone depends on the situation. A bottle of water in a Cafe and a bottle of water in a desert would get different prices. We have two bottles of water, both contracted for a few more years. And freo and GC are in a premiership desert. We will take everything in their wallet. This talk of fairness in trade is primary school fantasies. How fair is it GC have an academy for all of Queensland and get pick 5 players with pick 50 and 60. It's time for the b*tches to pay up

The assessment of Elijah Tsatas on Rookie Me in his draft year was that kicking was one of his strengths. So he has the skill, the problem I think is that he has been in the Essendon system. Could the Richmond system restore him?
The biggest issue with Elijah Tsatas is that he did his knee. I actually really liked him in his draft year. He's dynamic and one of those players that just runs and runs. He reminded me of Anderson that used to play for Hawthorn (his kid is now at the Suns). Doesn't look pretty but pretty effective.

(Something I do know is that it takes a while to get over a knee. In my case it's been 35 years and my days of playing 3 on 3 are over. I've even stopped nominating for the draft every year 'just for a bit of fun' after getting a passive aggressive letter from the AwFuL pre-empting my nominating this year - sigh)

I wouldn't sell the farm for him but if we got him on the cheap I wouldn't be against it. Maybe Matt Rosa is a soft touch.

The price paid by someone depends on the situation. A bottle of water in a Cafe and a bottle of water in a desert would get different prices. We have two bottles of water, both contracted for a few more years. And freo and GC are in a premiership desert. We will take everything in their wallet. This talk of fairness in trade is primary school fantasies. How fair is it GC have an academy for all of Queensland and get pick 5 players with pick 50 and 60. It's time for the b*tches to pay up
Perfect analogy

Rachele to Richmond

Lukaku to Crows

Rioli to Suns

+ Swap of picks somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I hate that little campaigner and don’t rate him that highly

Don’t think he is tough enough.
Has some nice skills but toughness is very important
100%
Imagine teammates running out with him in a prelim
Wouldn’t trust him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Collina
Coulthard
Baker
Bolton
Rioli
Graham

Hoping we can pick up someone decent in the PSD this year and maybe use the rookie list for a few bigger bodies.
Cumbo should go , macca should stay , Dow ,,hmm I reckon we could get cast offs better especially with the psd

Yeah its all good getting in draft picks, but you can't put a value on culture
I know what you mean but I believe you can't put a high enough value on culture. Look how Melbourne has imploded. Look at the Giants and Suns desperate for a culture to cling on to. What do they stand for ?

An example of a great culture that endures is

Sydney - Bloods

It resonates through the entire team, eventually everyone becomes one unit. It it clicks you win the flag. Maybe more than one. We all watched it happen when the culture changed and everyone became real (hello Essendon and Carlton) and it all clicked and boom. Actual magic.

I'd go so far as to say that in today's game, if the culture isn't right, it's impossible to win the premiership.

The grass is always greener over the fence and be careful what you wish for. Culture begins at home.

We are going to miss Neil Balme.

It's exciting to rebuild - as long as the culture endures and we fiercely protect that culture, we will be ok.

Martin
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Collina
Coulthard
Baker
Bolton
Rioli
Graham

We will need to replace Naismith so we will only have 9. Also. Didn’t Gray and Blight already fill two spots. Even than there is no way we will find 7 good players in the draft particularly if we trade up for higher draft picks. Also we will need to create space next year for more draft picks. I don’t think we will be dumping two many extra players this year.

Bro called Jerk Thatcher a spud 😆
And said we paid pick 20 for "Mo'reece" Rioli. Then fantastically used "Shay'" Bolton as well. I thought everyone got that memo by now.

Didn't mind listing to his reasoning, didn't agree with everything but there was some interesting takes.

And said we paid pick 20 for "Mo'reece" Rioli. Then fantastically used "Shay'"!Bolton as well. O thought everyone got that memo by now.

Didn't mind listing to his reasoning, didn't agree with everything but there was some interesting takes.
Yeah Mo'reece 4th in line small forward was wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back