Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jye Caldwell @ 11 and Butters @ 12 in 2018 weren't fails, I would argue that Wang-Milera is a hit along with Flanders, Hollands, Fletcher, Bruhn and Pedlar, too early to tell on O'Sullivan and Gothard (luv that name)
Jack Ough will go to the Giants to be one with Gothard

The wannabe shock jock. As I’ve said many times: he just is any good at it.
You would expect the person discussing the topic to have at least a basic understanding of it, sadly for the listeners all that was trotted out was 'Richmond are poor' because you are bottom of the ladder.

No analysis or discussion on the possibilities and how it could affect the club.

Last edited:
You would expect the person discussing the topic to have at least a basic understanding of it, sadly for the listeners all that was trotted out was 'Richmond' are poor because you are bottom of the ladder.

No analysis or discussion on the possibilities and how it could affect the club.
A miserable headline/click bait seeking prick. Certainly our success and size has had the media cockroaches crawl out from their dark places.

I really hate this style of media. Informs no one.

A miserable headline/click bait seeking prick. Certainly our success and size has had the media cockroaches crawl out from their dark places.

I really hate this style of media. Informs no one.
Richmond sells!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question, what players have been traded for more than picks 9 and 10? I don't expect you to know, I dont, but there wouldnt many in recent history.

Judd but no comparison as he was the arguably the best mid in the game at that time.

Dylan Shiel and 2nd rounder for - 9 and 14 - he was a star when traded though

Tim Kelly - was a gun traded, went for much less

I am not overrating picks, but 9 and 10 are a massive price to pay for any player.

Regarding Baker, I have also thought 13-17 was fair, so the small upgrade probably just tops it up.

These are all the biggest trades I could find 2000-2020.

in 2000:
Peter Bell went to Freo for picks 6, 37 and a player, Sinclair.

Paul Williams for picks 8, 39.

Pick 4 for D Wakelin.

Pick 4 and Cranage for Aaron Hamill

2001:
Picks 13, 17, 45 for Barry Hall.

2002:
Picks 2, 18 for 31yo W Carey.

Picks 6 & 31 for Barry Brooks!

Peter Everitt picks 6 & 22

Des Headland picks 3 & 19

2003:
Nathan Brown for picks 6 & 20

2004:

Ottens for 12 & 16

2006:
Judd & 46 effectively for picks 3, 4, 20

2014:
Beams for 5, 25 & J Crisp

Boyd for Griffen & pick 6

2016:

O'Meara for pick 10 & F2(Hawks)

2017:
Jake Lever and 2 x late second round picks for pick 10 & Melbourne's future first(expected value around 10)

Bryce Gibbs and roughly a mid rd 2 pick for 10 & 16

Lachie Weller pick 2

2018:
Wingard for picks 15, 35 & Ryan Burton

Lachie Neale & pick 30 for picks 6, 19, 55.

Jessie Hogan for picks 6 & 23

Dylan Shiel & late rd 2 for 9 & Bombers F1

B Hill for Acres, Pick 10 & F2(Saints)

2019:
Kelly trade

2020:
J Cameron trade

The ones I have bolded I would say were higher value or similar value to what you are suggesting for the Bolton trade, picks 9 & 10(sliding a bit.)

On average there has been a player traded for something in that ball park around once per year. There are 22 of them over a 21 year span. If you look at that list, there are plenty of players who would not have been considered as good as Bolton is now either due to age, injury, or past performance. Here, Bolton is injury free, durable, 25 years old, is a multi position star who has rated in the top 20 in the comp the last 2 seasons before this season. But we can all see why his 2024 rating would be a bit lower. And Richmond hold the whip hand as he is contracted.

Right now 9 & 10 likely sliding to 11 & 12 is the best possible level those picks can end up at. One of the picks should definitely end up around 11, but the other could slide realistically to about 14. If the picks were likely to end up at 11 & 14 that is definitely not enough for a long contracted Bolton. 11 & 12 is still not enough imo. These 2 picks + pick 26(which will slide to mid 30's) is maybe enough to release Bolton. Otherwise, just keep his ass.

Interesting article on hawthorn's rebuild Here. Essentially dont have too many older players blocking kids, draft, back the young players and get the ones who look like they will make it to 50 games.

for us thats probably the disappointing part of the 2021 draft crop. 3 years later how many games are they on? Who was the last player drafted to get to 50 games?

Edit. I checked on this Site and its rhyan mansell from 2020 and before that ralphsmith from 2019 this week. Before that it's pickett from 2019 msd draft who got to 90. So we haven't got the balance right in the last 4 years and need a big next 2 years of games into the kids.

Last edited:
for us thats probably the disappointing part of the 2021 draft crop. 3 years later how many games are they on? Who was the last player drafted to get to 50 games?
Of that 2021 draft, yes no one has become an established breakout star but look how they're travelling (and/or why they're not).
PlayerAgeHeightWeightGamesGoalsVotesVerdict
Robbie Tarrant32yr196cm97kg2000Old/possibly Meehan'd
Josh Gibcus18yr196cm87kg2030Meehan'd
Tom Brown18yr186cm77kg1940Meehan'd
Tyler Sonsie18yr181cm78kg2470Shite
Sam Banks18yr187cm71kg2020Developing
Judson Clarke17yr179cm69kg17140Meehan'd
Jacob Bauer19yr192cm85kg660Developing

If this dudes draft picks pan out phwwwwoar ill need a cold spoon draft night

View attachment 2088525
If Rioli leaves Hugo played well at HBF in the VFL. He'd be the straight plug in for Rioli's sprint efforts. Smith stays on the list as depth.
I don't think we need Harrison Oliver in that position.
We have small fwd surplus, I reckon Cumbo, Coulhard delisted too.
Dow ~ one year extension.

If Rioli leaves Hugo played well at HBF in the VFL. He'd be the straight plug in for Rioli's sprint efforts. Smith stays on the list as depth.
Keep hugo wing i reckon, much harder spot to fill and hes good at it. Banks on the other wing. We dont actually have much genuine quality in hbf line breakers/elite kicks. Oliver wouldnt be a bad choice imo. Lalor and berry is your small/med forwards set for a decade plus.

Hugo's disposal not good enough for that role. Banks or even Juddy when he's fit are probably worth a go there.

Smith maybe, but he's shown nothing yet to suggest he's capable of making the jump to AFL level.

Hugo's disposal not good enough for that role. Banks or even Juddy when he's fit are probably worth a go there.

Smith maybe, but he's shown nothing yet to suggest he's capable of making the jump to AFL level.
Hmm, I reckon Smith has shown the abilities in patches, and has the drive and ambition to make it. I’m actually pretty disappointed he’s not been given more of a run in the seniors to learn his craft at the higher level.

Well said by Richo

McClure is actually just a very immature individual. He can't have a proper conversation with baiting and always thinks he is right with some level of arrogance.

I heard him talking about playing for Canterbury in the VAFA like he was Brent Harvey rolling back to local footy. Honestly makes Kane Cornes look like an A grade media performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back