• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy 3 way trade time:

Richmond give - Rioli, 29,39,47,57 (plus Rioli wage)
Richmond get 6,13,20

Gold Coast give - 6,13,20
Gold Coast get Rioli, 29, 47, 57, Noble

Collingwood give - Noble
Collingwood get 39

Collingwood won’t be accepting 39 for Noble, he’s played 90 games in the last 4 years.

They will ask for 20 and 34 at a minimum. Then they will try and trade 34 along with 32 and 48 to Brisbane for their first pick.

All of a sudden we have a contender for Brisbanes first.

I get your point, but i think there are more sensitive issues at play with the Bolton one, that as a club and as decent humans, we should understand.

I know it is still all a business, and we absolutely still need a great outcome from the Bolton trade that must include one of the top end first rounders.

I dont agree that Shai is the superior player either, not even close to Rioli from a consistent output level.

Shai's flashes of brilliance are far superior, but over the course of 24 games, Rioli plays at a higher level week in week out.
Sorry Michaels, can’t agree with you. Shai’s Manager has made it very clear he would prefer to be traded back to WA, but was equally clear that he’s very happy to stay and honour his contract if a deal cannot be struck.
In my opinion, a deal will be struck but Shai is extremely high end talent, and has more “moves” than Dan. He’s a freak at times, and with 4 years to run on his deal, whoever wants him MUST pay a very high price. You don’t release players of his ilk readily or cheaply.

I get your point, but i think there are more sensitive issues at play with the Bolton one, that as a club and as decent humans, we should understand.

I know it is still all a business, and we absolutely still need a great outcome from the Bolton trade that must include one of the top end first rounders.

I dont agree that Shai is the superior player either, not even close to Rioli from a consistent output level.

Shai's flashes of brilliance are far superior, but over the course of 24 games, Rioli plays at a higher level week in week out.
Shai would look great running off half-back too. Dan was inconsistent as a small forward too. Shai's 34 goals this year were 9 more than Dan's best haul, and double his second-best haul.

No one loves Dan more than me but Shai is a level above as a player.

What sensitive issues are there? Shai 'wants to go home for family reasons' because we told him we're open to it if we can get a deal that satisfies us. If not, he's happy to stay. Hence all the PR after Ralph Wiggum shot his pea-brained load.

Shai would look great running off half-back too. Dan was inconsistent as a small forward too. Shai's 34 goals this year were 9 more than Dan's best haul, and double his second-best haul.

No one loves Dan more than me but Shai is a level above as a player.

What sensitive issues are there? Shai 'wants to go home for family reasons' because we told him we're open to it if we can get a deal that satisfies us. If not, he's happy to stay. Hence all the PR after Ralph Wiggum shot his pea-brained load.
Fair call on Bolton's goals.

The sensitive issues lay within the family reasons.

I think your line about 'if not he is happy to stay' was what was mentioned before these issues came to light. the goal posts have shifted since that initial chatter of 'if we can make it happen we will'.

Collingwood won’t be accepting 39 for Noble, he’s played 90 games in the last 4 years.

They will ask for 20 and 34 at a minimum. Then they will try and trade 34 along with 32 and 48 to Brisbane for their first pick.

All of a sudden we have a contender for Brisbanes first.
Noble is a fringe player. Not always best 22, particularly before they got injuries.
He's no Liam Baker and nor should he be valued as such. 20 and 34 at a minimum? That's crazy.

Sorry Michaels, can’t agree with you. Shai’s Manager has made it very clear he would prefer to be traded back to WA, but was equally clear that he’s very happy to stay and honour his contract if a deal cannot be struck.
In my opinion, a deal will be struck but Shai is extremely high end talent, and has more “moves” than Dan. He’s a freak at times, and with 4 years to run on his deal, whoever wants him MUST pay a very high price. You don’t release players of his ilk readily or cheaply.
As I just mentioned in my other post, I think you will find that line of thought was prior to the new family reason development.

the family reasons are only very very recent, and prior to those being a thing, yes his manager did say that.

Unless I have missed something from his manager in more recent times? which is a possibility..

As I just mentioned in my other post, I think you will find that line of thought was prior to the new family reason development.

the family reasons are only very very recent, and prior to those being a thing, yes his manager did say that.

Unless I have missed something from his manager in more recent times? which is a possibility..
Was extremely recent from what I can recall, I’ll see if I can find it

EDIT: was an article inThe Age on 19 August, and was 100% clear he hasn’t asked for a trade and has no problem with staying and honouring his contract

1724729819206.png

Last edited:
If Collingwood want to be unrealistic about Noble’s value then they can have a crack at Shorty.

Pretty damning actually given the apparent need that Dimma’s not interested in him.

Not sure if any truth behind it but some Port Adelaide Facebook page was claiming Soldo will explore his options during the trade period haha, anyone remember earlier in the season when one of his relatives was having a crack at Richmond during roaming Brian for letting him go! Now he’s a second stringer to sweet 😆

He’s definitely worth that, but I agree it won’t happen.
Both picks aren’t even guaranteed to be good players. Its pot luck

I can see us doing pick 9 and a future first with us throwing back a pick in the 30’s or 40’s
A f1?
Wtf
That f1 is more likely worse than pick 10 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 and 13 for Dan and our future second might get it done. (We are gonna have a crapload of picks next year too, don't worry.)
Think we need to hold on to second round picks next year. Don't the bidding changes come in which will make second round picks even more valuable.

Shai is a superior player. Plus younger.

Think we need to hold on to second round picks next year. Don't the bidding changes come in which will make second round picks even more valuable.
Dude. We're going to have three firsts and two seconds next year, even giving that one up.

Shai is a superior player. Plus younger.
happy to agree to disagree on that bit, does some amazing things but is often MIA in games I find.

Not saying he isn't a good player though of course, we have been very lucky to have them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back