Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in WA I watch a lot of Freo. Don't let that 10th ladder finish fool you, they will be a serious contender next year.
Class all over the ground.
They need to go hard for Shai. He would thrive amongst that group.

He would slot well into absolutely any team. But he does seem to be exactly what Freo need to take them to another level.

That interview just screams 'BOLTON'

What he says they need is pretty much what Bolton brings. And they are willing to put all their picks on the table. We'll see but it looks like we have a buyer willing to meet a seller.

Fremantle would be crazy not to over pay for that reason alone. It just has to get done and it will.
100% agree, they know the difference he will make to them with their current side.

The Dan one hurts more then Shai.

Yze spoke of creating an enviroment where players want to stay. The opposite environment seems to have been created. Ultimately considering our position we will get good picks but it's sad to see so many of the core senior players want to move on and I wonder if there will ever be a wash up after this.

Mate you are on the wrong track here. Bolton was the top rated forward in the AFL in 2022 and 2023. He is 25 years old. The man on the moon can see he has been quieter this year due to the ares he has played on the ground, midfield and forward being a mess.

Dan Rioli is a fantastic player, one of the best handful of half backs in the AFL. But Bolton is on another level of value compared to Dan Rioli. He would be somewhere around the top dozen most valuable players in the competition to a contending team. And if you have any doubts about that, go back and re-watch his performance in the 2020 Grand Final, when he was 21 years old.
nah I'm pretty happy with my opinion.

I don't doubt he is a great player when everything is up and about, and have zero doubt he is absolutely what freo need, but I still believe that Dan has performed at a more consistent level across when we were good and bad.

nothing anyone says will change my mind on that, I read the comments in Autopsy threads weekly (Not just this year) about Bolton being MIA at stages, not stepping up when needed etc.

Like I said, exciting, talented player suited to a team travelling well to be the icing on their cake, 1000%.

But for me Dan has been more consistent, especially during the bleaker times.

I understand that from a trade perspective, the only thing that actually matters is what the pending club think he can add to their side, which is a huge upside, don't disagree with that at all.

The Dan one hurts more then Shai.

Yze spoke of creating an enviroment where players want to stay. The opposite environment seems to have been created. Ultimately considering our position we will get good picks but it's sad to see so many of the core senior players want to move on and I wonder if there will ever be a wash up after this.

I don't know if you can really read that much into it. Rioli reuniting with Dimma makes sense. Baker and Bolton it's not a massive shock to think that they might see their futures in WA and they have achieved glory with us so it's not as if we are on the cusp of anything right now. Graham we are all happy if he finds a new home next year.

A lot of these guys honestly they are going to be doing the right thing for us of they go and we get decently compensated. If we get a Prestia quality player because Dan goes we are going to be jumping for joy.

Let’s hope this is the case as there is absolutely no reason we should not be getting Brisbanes first.
There's no way we will nominate Ashcroft.
Clubs don't do it nowadays.
We'll all be relying on Norf to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if you can really read that much into it. Rioli reuniting with Dimma makes sense. Baker and Bolton it's not a massive shock to think that they might see their futures in WA and they have achieved glory with us so it's not as if we are on the cusp of anything right now. Graham we are all happy if he finds a new home next year.

A lot of these guys honestly they are going to be doing the right thing for us of they go and we get decently compensated. If we get a Prestia quality player because Dan goes we are going to be jumping for joy.
As Yze said when he came, if you live in the past.. Like Sam Mitchell, I feel Adem is building connections with the 18-22 year-olds and not fussed on the prem heroes

I don't doubt he is a great player when everything is up and about, and have zero doubt he is absolutely what freo need, but I still believe that Dan has performed at a more consistent level across when we were good and bad.

nothing anyone says will change my mind on that, I read the comments in Autopsy threads weekly (Not just this year) about Bolton being MIA at stages, not stepping up when needed etc.

Like I said, exciting, talented player suited to a team travelling well to be the icing on their cake, 1000%.

I understand that from a trade perspective, the only thing that actually matters is what the pending club think he can add to their side, which is a huge upside, don't disagree with that at all.
I agree with you for how Richmond is now. If we are a contender then I would definitely say Shai is worth more. Freo basically need someone like Shai to turn potential into contention.

Dan is a leader I would love to stay. I can see why GC want him so badly. He can turn their problems into strengths and Dimma loves him. If GC can play to their potential they can win the whole show. They need leadership (Rioli tick), ball movement (Rioli tick) and a mentor to show them how to be great (Rioli tick). I hope they pay through the nose for him, coz Dan is someone who would help our new draftees so much.

I hope not but are we adding late picks to 6 for gc to get points for lombard? We need thr points to do a deal with blues/lions first due to their father sons

I agree with you for how Richmond is now. If we are a contender then I would definitely say Shai is worth more. Freo basically need someone like Shai to turn potential into contention.

Dan is a leader I would love to stay. I can see why GC want him so badly. He can turn their problems into strengths and Dimma loves him. If GC can play to their potential they can win the whole show. They need leadership (Rioli tick), ball movement (Rioli tick) and a mentor to show them how to be great (Rioli tick). I hope they pay through the nose for him, coz Dan is someone who would help our new draftees so much.
yeah agree, its all situational based between the 2 of them in a lot of ways.

but they both suit both potential clubs and the clubs will need to pay big to secure them!

It's all going to start popping off now.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

does anyone here have an idea on what happens in the 2026 afl draft. We have a NGA player Cody Walker but he is also Carlton F/S. He is projected to be 1st pick as of now, I still don’t quite understand NGA and clubs? I see it as he is more likely to be a F/S pick.

You simply don't go b2b highest rated forward in the AFL in your early 20's if you are not a consistent player. You and others are mistaking Bolton being out of the play during certain periods as him being inconsistent.

To give an idea what sort of company Bolton is keeping, here are the highest rated forwards in recent years:

2024 Rankine 16.64
2023 Bolton 15.08(ahead of Toby Greene, Curnow, Walker and Dusty who all had great seasons)
2022 It was actually Dixon 15.08 from Bolton 14.41 with "best player in the game right now" J Cameron in 7th
2021 Stringer 17.22 from Dusty and Toby Greene
2020 Dusty around 18 after adjustment
2019 Dusty 16.77 from Walters and Gary Ablett
2018 ratings not available by position but it would have been Dusty 16.5 from Franklin 15.6

Bolton and Rankine are about the only ones rating anywhere near that level while playing forward and still in their early 20's. You don't get that if you just flash in and out of games less than expected for the position you are playing. Bolton is a massively valuable player, make no mistake about that.

does anyone here have an idea on what happens in the 2026 afl draft. We have a NGA player Cody Walker but he is also Carlton F/S. He is projected to be 1st pick as of now, I still don’t quite understand NGA and clubs? I see it as he is more likely to be a F/S pick.
If he wasn't a Father/Son for Carlton we'd have first crack at him, but he'll pick Carlton and nominate them which means we get no chance at him. We have another NGA kid in Tanner Armstrong that same draft who we do get first dibs on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back