Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s part of a trade, would you prefer Freo’s pick 17 (prob 20 after bids) in this year’s draft or their future first (ofc could be earlier, but say 12-14, prob 16-18 after more bids) in next year’s?

If it’s part of a trade, would you prefer Freo’s pick 17 (prob 20 after bids) in this year’s draft or their future first (ofc could be earlier, but say 12-14, prob 16-18 after more bids) in next year’s?
Maybe 17 if we can find options to flick it to next year that would potentially be better than Freos.

I've got about 10 players (without looking too closely) that look very good and aren't linked to clubs next year. A couple more will appear I'm sure.

Maybe 17 if we can find options to flick it to next year that would potentially be better than Freos.

I've got about 10 players (without looking too closely) that look very good and aren't linked to clubs next year. A couple more will appear I'm sure.
What kids look good next year?

When you say get a return the return can come in many different ways

Lynch leaves and Richmond cover 70% of his $1.5 mil salary in 2025 is a saving of $450k a year which buys you a pick from 29 to 18 so you get another top 20 kid and a saving of $300k

Now that might not sound like much but if you also take into consideration a further 2 years of saving $400k a year that gets to $1.1 mil and for that cap space you get another top 10 pick when cap trading comes in in the next 2 years

So effectively a pick 10 + 18 for a player that really wont make a massive difference to our ladder position as we will finish last the next 2 years anyway

Accelerating the rebuild

Im all for the full nuclear rebuild provided we keep players like
Braod , Vlastuin types to guide
That only makes sense if a club thinks Lynch is worth what they’d still need to pay him after us covering what we want to cover and with his injury history I doubt that

I’d suggest there’s very little chance we’d be wanting to cover a million dollars worth of salary cap for someone else. That’s a massive chunk

He was horrendous against the hawks. Has no idea what he’s meant to be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit like kids blaming the keeper in junior soccer when all the outfield players are standing in the front half. He wasn’t great but our midfield let them walk it out of the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time for the change of heart.
Punt Road End

"I heard we aren't playing nice.
We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
About f time. Take no prisoners, we need minimum 7 1st rounders.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
F/s trade for points x1 minimum
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks

Punt Road End

We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
7 is too many in 1 year IMO.
I'd hope we will push 1/2 into next year somehow.
We could even do that draft night.

We finish bottom next year doesn't matter how many wins and we get another pick 1. If Balta leaves for FA we get pick 2 as FA compo. We go cap in hand to AFL and say we need priority picks as we've been plundered and been 💩 for 3 years and will be 💩 for another few before Tassie comes then we're in the wilderness and their Big 4 marquee club will draw lousy ratings. They want us up n about or there abouts as they don't want ANZAC eve, opening game against Blues, Dreamtime to be busts that are over at 1/4 time with 45,000 instead of 90,000 crowds. They can throw us 2 or 3 end of 1st rounders like Nth got last year and Whooshka 2027 season we shock the world as all our gun kids have played 50 -100 games and we pull off the biggest FA heists with Tom Green and another 1 or 2 guns like Noah Anderson or a KPF and start our next dynasty.

Not having Baker, Rioli, Pickett, Dusty, McIntosh, Grimes means opportunities for the kids to stake their claims. Plus Lynch, Judson and Gibcus will be like new recruits next year.
Yeah , imagine how shit the crowd between us and godees Anzac is gonna be like if we both stink …

Not good for the afl gambling product

Yea would have been nice to have kelti get 20 games under belt and grey to get a taste too ,,,,just farrrrrrrrrrk
I am going to make a big call. Lefau, if given the proper space and if he is taught to seperate and charge at the ball carrier, will be a B+ 3rd tall. Watching some of the older games this year, him on a lead is pretty ****ing deadly.

7 is too many in 1 year IMO.
I'd hope we will push 1/2 into next year somehow.
We could even do that draft night.
I just looked at our list out of curiosity.

IF - Everyone leaves (Rioli, Bolton, Graham, Baker) and we Delist Coulthard and Colina AND we only draft 5 players, our main list is 32.

Think we need to have some spots to upgrade a few rookies.

Yep, I'm sure there's nothing sexier to a player than to have his desired destination club playing down his value to them.

Imagine hitting on a hot girl in a bar by offering to buy her a drink, and then telling her that if it's too pricey I'll spend my money on buying that other girl over there a drink instead.
I may miss the fact that this is a joke but that is literally one of the few pick up strategies that worked.

Punt Road End

2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
Whoever posted that, made it up.

They will be close to retirement by then. If not, tassie won’t trade for them as they will get them for free and tigers will get compensation (which prob won’t b much given their age and output in 3yrs time).
I'm not saying the rumour makes sense. it's just what T71 said he was told as a rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back