• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is competitive this year??

Do you think Freo is competitive this year???

they are not winning diddly

Competitive means that we can actually compete with other teams, and winning means that we win most games.

So when I said a competitive and winning squad what I meant was a squad that was competitive with the best in the AFL and that they would win most games.

I don't have a specific template for that that looks like. That is up to the footy dept and how the cards fall.

Not sure why you are fighting this fight mate. All I said was pretty simple. I want us to get a good draft hand and then develop a squad that can compete with anyone, and win most games. Then of course I'd love us to win premierships. Lots of premierships. But winning games comes first.

7 is too many in 1 year IMO.
I'd hope we will push 1/2 into next year somehow.
We could even do that draft night.

I’ve heard the club talk like this about trading for future picks but I really don’t like it this year.

If the top 30-40 players in this draft are highly rated we should be taking 7-8 players, especially midfielders. I’d hate to see us trade away a decent pick this year that ends up at the same or a worse position next year in a weaker draft.

The only teams that would offer that are teams expected to be at top 4 in 2025.

A pick around 25 in this draft is likely to be better than a pick 15-20 next year based on reports. There is almost certainly going to be a decent young KPF available at the start of the second round or some really good sliders.

I’ve heard the club talk like this about trading for future picks but I really don’t like it this year.

If the top 30-40 players in this draft are highly rated we should be taking 7-8 players, especially midfielders. I’d hate to see us trade away a decent pick this year that ends up at the same or a worse position next year in a weaker draft.
True.
Im sure the guys in charge would do a combined draft with 24/25 and then grade them somehow.
Eg the kid that is going to go pick 15 in 24 may be pick 7 next year.

No wonder the suns are ****ed if they are paying spuds like that 1 mill a year

I'd do Rioli for 6 13 and Jack, and we take on Jacks salary. Then, restructure his deal over 4 years.

About time for the change of heart.
Punt Road End

"I heard we aren't playing nice.
We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
About f time. Take no prisoners, we need minimum 7 1st rounders.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
F/s trade for points x1 minimum
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks

where is the link to this discussion ?

I'd do Rioli for 6 13 and Jack, and we take on Jacks salary. Then, restructure his deal over 4 years.
I like Daniel (best player in the worst team, current personal awards = 22 under 22 and a rising star nom) very much but think picks that approximate No.1 plus a former No.2 who had 61 scoring shots in a dud team last year is a tad ambitious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Daniel very much but think picks that approximate No.1 plus a former No.2 who had 61 scoring shots in a dud team last year is a tad ambitious

If they want to win a flag, and surely they do, then getting a player like Rioli and shifting the Lukosius salary is crucial to them. So I wouldn't be shocked if we could take advantage of the situation.

This would be an awesome hand at the draft table which us supporters have advocated these first round pics to come to Richmond to get these deals done.

Fox Footy just put this up in the last hour.

View attachment 2096441
I'd be using those 4 picks in the 20's to get up higher in the order

Rosas from GC, every game I’ve seen him played he looks the goods, if it’s true he’s potentially been told to look elsewhere I’d take him
This is a thuking disgrace stinks off afl has given us a junior talant factory SO OUT ROSAS ,IN A BETTER LOMBARD.
HOPE THEY NEVER WIN A FLAG.

I am not sure we could get away with murder, but, I do wonder with some picks back, if we could make that work.

Those 2 picks would be great.

if the Suns need the cap space relief, I'd do it.

500k/year is a money ball way to improve KPF stocks. Alternative is to draft a Caddy type.

But how much will Luko improve us. Lynch + anyone is a 2~4 goal improvement in 2025.

Bauer is 3rd KPF size so, Lynch + Bauer + Lefau/Kosi/Luko

Kosi is back up ruck which Lukosius isn't.

in a post Naismith world and where Ryan won't be ready.. and we want Balta KPD.

Last edited:
This is a thuking disgrace stinks off afl has given us a junior talant factory SO OUT ROSAS ,IN A BETTER LOMBARD.
HOPE THEY NEVER WIN A FLAG.
Simmer down bro, we dont even know the circumstances.

I can tell you RFC enquired with the Rioli trade, maybe that sparked a conversation, who knows.

I'd be using those 4 picks in the 20's to get up higher in the order

If we have 7 first rounders including Brisbane's I would look to trade those picks 20/21/22 to pies, dogs, power for future first as they dont have any first rounders. Or even swans.
It would set up our 2025 draft nicely.

If we have 7 first rounders including Brisbane's I would look to trade those picks 20/21/22 to pies, dogs, power for future first as they dont have any first rounders. Or even swans.
It would set up our 2025 draft nicely.
Pies for me, reckon they are cooked.

Hopefully we get stringer, give him a big pre-season and turn him into a midfield bull
Would not let that lazy fake near Punt road. Rarely delivers. Would be worse than Hopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back