List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Go after Ed Richards. Behind Treloar, Bont and Libba as a midfielder. Rare ability to play inside and out. Has pace to burn and very good skills. Would be hard to pry out and trade currency would be dependent on our ability to upgrade our later picks into something more enticing for the Dogs.

Actually could work in our favour

The change wouldn’t just impact clubs bidding for players, but teams trying to take advantage of those clubs - like Richmond, who own three third-round picks in the upcoming draft.

As it stands those selections would fall in the late 30s and early 40s, which would either be super-valuable for bidding teams (because those picks are the perfect mixture of valuable on the points index, but not too valuable for actually taking players), or valuable for the Tigers as other picks get vacuumed up in bids and they move up the order.

Apparently we are not happy

Apparently we are not happy

Imagine being a professional league employing a female to a top job just to tick off equality woke bullshit boxes

She’s a clown that’s embarrassing the CFL even more than it is already

Imagine being a professional league employing a female to a top job just to tick off equality woke bullshit boxes

They did it because they knew they could control her.

I would love to see somebody with more brains and ability to do spread sheets work out something

If these rules are changed regarding picks some of our later picks are going to come in significantly

Like #41 which may not have points to start of with but if the bids are going to chew through picks then that could come into like 34 and 50 could become 40
Well done for trying to polish a turd but we still get massively screwed. The plan was to use those picks to trade right up so that we get 4/5 picks in the top 20/30 and hopefully 2 inside the top 10/12. It's shameful that they would bring those changes in this year.

Having a few third and fourth rounders come in a couple of spots doesn't really help us compared to the strategy that we planned for.

Last edited:
Can someone please post the article?

Richmond says Jacob Hopper will return against Carlton next week alongside 300-gamer Dustin Martin as his manager Ralph Carr made clear his star would play out the 2024 AFL season.

Martin appeared to quash those retirement rumours when he said in the post-match of his return after the bye: “Yeah mate, freshen up for the bye and we’ll see how we go”.

The Tigers will assess Jack Graham’s hamstring tightness, with coach Adem Yze saying it wasn’t worth risking him after he was battling soreness with only three minutes left in the loss to Hawthorn.

Hopper will return from his own hamstring issue against Carlton, while the Tigers are hopeful Dion Prestia (calf) will also be there in for the Sunday afternoon clash.

Shai Bolton will also be fit after a corked leg as Richmond’s midfield core gets closer to full strength.

Martin’s future remains a significant discussion point in the AFL.

Carr confirmed the Herald Sun’s reporting that multiple clubs had asked about Martin’s future in recent weeks.

Asked on 3AW if clubs had “kicked his tyres” about his plans for 2025, he said: “Yes, a number of them”.

But he said “I think he should” play on next year and believes it might still be at Richmond.

“I am hoping so. We often have those discussions at the end of the year and we don’t like to talk about it during the year so it’s one of those things.”

Coach Adem Yze made clear Martin was still making a valuable contribution on and off the field.

“He will discuss (his retirement) as it gets closer to the end of the year, right now he’s in a really good space, he’s training well, he’s enjoying training and he’s loving being around the footy club,” Yze said.

Yze said the club was determined to continue playing kids to give them chances even as the likes of Hopper, Taranto and Lynch returned to the senior side.

Richmond is one of many clubs who are hopeful the AFL does not change its draft points system despite AFL football boss Laura Kane making clear it was a possibility.

Richmond is the most affected of any club given it has stockpiled a collection of late-draft picks it had hoped to use to trade up the draft order.

Clubs like Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane would have hoped to trade early picks with Richmond for a collection of later selections worth more points.

But it is possible the AFL might rule all picks over 40 have no points value, which means they are useless for matching bids.

Richmond has Fremantle and West Coast’s third-round picks as well as Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s fourth-round picks.

Added up, those picks could have been worth a first-round selection so the Tigers will be desperate for the AFL’s tweaks to the system to come next year or not affect the points value of draft selections.

You'd rather SHocking?

This isn't a female thing, this is an AFL thing.

This sort of change would come through the top execs.

yes, she looks like an idiot. But that isn't a gender thing. In this case it's what is required to get a job in the AFL HQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond says Jacob Hopper will return against Carlton next week alongside 300-gamer Dustin Martin as his manager Ralph Carr made clear his star would play out the 2024 AFL season.

Martin appeared to quash those retirement rumours when he said in the post-match of his return after the bye: “Yeah mate, freshen up for the bye and we’ll see how we go”.

The Tigers will assess Jack Graham’s hamstring tightness, with coach Adem Yze saying it wasn’t worth risking him after he was battling soreness with only three minutes left in the loss to Hawthorn.

Hopper will return from his own hamstring issue against Carlton, while the Tigers are hopeful Dion Prestia (calf) will also be there in for the Sunday afternoon clash.

Shai Bolton will also be fit after a corked leg as Richmond’s midfield core gets closer to full strength.

Martin’s future remains a significant discussion point in the AFL.

Carr confirmed the Herald Sun’s reporting that multiple clubs had asked about Martin’s future in recent weeks.

Asked on 3AW if clubs had “kicked his tyres” about his plans for 2025, he said: “Yes, a number of them”.

But he said “I think he should” play on next year and believes it might still be at Richmond.

“I am hoping so. We often have those discussions at the end of the year and we don’t like to talk about it during the year so it’s one of those things.”

Coach Adem Yze made clear Martin was still making a valuable contribution on and off the field.

“He will discuss (his retirement) as it gets closer to the end of the year, right now he’s in a really good space, he’s training well, he’s enjoying training and he’s loving being around the footy club,” Yze said.

Yze said the club was determined to continue playing kids to give them chances even as the likes of Hopper, Taranto and Lynch returned to the senior side.

Richmond is one of many clubs who are hopeful the AFL does not change its draft points system despite AFL football boss Laura Kane making clear it was a possibility.

Richmond is the most affected of any club given it has stockpiled a collection of late-draft picks it had hoped to use to trade up the draft order.

Clubs like Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane would have hoped to trade early picks with Richmond for a collection of later selections worth more points.

But it is possible the AFL might rule all picks over 40 have no points value, which means they are useless for matching bids.

Richmond has Fremantle and West Coast’s third-round picks as well as Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s fourth-round picks.

Added up, those picks could have been worth a first-round selection so the Tigers will be desperate for the AFL’s tweaks to the system to come next year or not affect the points value of draft selections.
Laura gonna change the rules again.

You'd rather SHocking?

yes, she looks like an idiot. But that isn't a gender thing. In this case it's what is required to get a job in the AFL HQ.
Yeah fair
I didn’t mean against employing a female
It’s more the woke enforced shoved down our throats bullshit

And she’s just not competent at the job at hand

Last edited:
You'd rather SHocking?

imagine thinking all the men in those positions have earned it through merit haha.

having said that - not a fan of Kane's so far, seems totally out of touch with the clubs.

The AFL are a bunch of cun#s they just pick and choose when to make rule changes. I could have bet my house on the AFL screwing us over and it's no coincidence that Collingwood won with the help of the cheating maggots.
They need North to keep pick 1 otherwise the AFL will going into meltdown if we got it.
I'm so ****$ sick of the AFL and their bullshit rules.

imagine thinking all the men in those positions have earned it through merit haha.

having said that - not a fan of Kane's so far, seems totally out of touch with the clubs.
Its who can lick the most arse and do as they're told.

The AFL are a bunch of cun#s they just pick and choose when to make rule changes. I could have bet my house on the AFL screwing us over and it's no coincidence that Collingwood won with the help of the cheating maggots.
They need North to keep pick 1 otherwise the AFL will going into meltdown if we got it.
I'm so ****$ sick of the AFL and their bullshit rules.
Apparently the Saints are one of the clubs sooking about the current system.

I told all you campaigners last week the AFL had plans to change these rules late and was constantly reminded they wouldn't.

The issue is, its only going to impact 3 maybe 4 clubs this year (us being one of them) so the majority of the AFL teams dont give a shit. This is so ****ing typical of the AFL.

Go **** yourself Laura Kane, that clip of her in the commentary box talking to King, her body language spoke of utter bullshit, clubs didn't know about these changes happening in 2024 and she is lying through her teeth.

Last edited:
lol fmd has there ever been a period in history where the vfl/afl had to made so many changes just to **** over one club. and thats what it is, they saw our draft strategy and have moved to block it. they do not want us back in contention any time soon.

Why do we remain so quiet on this? Whether it's the umpiring, or rule changes etc. we never seem to speak up at all, are we scared of what might come our way?

I'm not a fan of McChins but one thing is certain that he'd make it known if he thought his club were being stitched up. Sick of us just seemingly accepting all of this even though it's to our detriment every time.

Why do we remain so quiet on this? Whether it's the umpiring, or rule changes etc. we never seem to speak up at all, are we scared of what might come our way?

I'm not a fan of McChins but one thing is certain that he'd make it known if he thought his club were being stitched up. Sick of us just seemingly accepting all of this even though it's to our detriment every time.
We should be firing back in the press today about what that lying piece of trash said in the commentary box over the weekend, but we won't because our leader doesn't want to tarnish his chances with the new AFL franchise coming in.

Gale should have stood down immediately and let us continue on as a club, now our hands are ****ing tied which is now our most important period and draft ever since our dynasty has ended.

Our President has made a statement, i was hoping for a bit more grandstanding in the press though.

1718592292487.png

Go **** yourself CFL

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back